Well f**K you then!!!

just beat this game. loved every minute of it. achievements are part of the game and these achievements can suck my dick... i went through this whole game and didn't kill a single person, even made sure i didn't kill any of the gangmembers. i didn't set off a single "alarm". they advertised this as a "play however you want" game then made two 100G achievements dedicated to playing not like that, but like this. thats exactly what i did and one of the achievements is glitchy (shoot someone with a non lethal weapon and they die) and the other one is vague. dont set of any alarms, well i didn't, and i dont have them. when your going for achievements and meet the criteria of the description, and don't get them anyway, it really fucks the experience up. i expected those two achievements, i earned them, i did what i was told and this game can go fuck itself.

If you noticed that somebody died when you shot them with a non-lethal weapon, why didn't you reload your last save? That's what I did. Then from that point on, I didn't shoot anybody, just used regular takedowns.

As for the no alarms thing....I'm a little worried about that one lol. I set off the mines upstairs in the DRM place trying to get to the antenna.

maybe its advertised as a play as you want game and then has those 2 specific play style achievements because they want you to experience the game multiple times in many ways rather than just trying to get 1000g in your first go and to never play again? i mean aren't there 3 endings? whats the point in trying to finish the game as quickly as possible?

For Foxiest of Hounds just never go above the alarmef state for enemies or suspicious state for cameras even when roaming the hubs. Also for Pacifist if you take anyone out and they fall off a roof or into electrified water and.die that counts against you.

Edited by Psycho Jesters

I found these achievements easy to get not to mention all the exp you get for stealth compared to run n gun. Granted I am not a fan of lame COD or Halo style run in guns blazing. I prefer the MGS style sneak in and out unnoticed granted it is disappointing that you can max all but 2 augs.

this game is great and it really draws you in and the gameplay and atmosphere are amazing but... it's a real struggle to like it what with all the bugs and glitches that are turning up... i wish i could say i have beat the game but i got a glitch where the hud is gone and i cant proceed untill there's a patch basically. real let-down.

It is Frustrating playing a game for 35+ hours having to reload my saves everytime i feel ive been seen or set off a alarm, I just now beat the game and It is kinda lame that I only got the one beat the game achievement... Also I killed the investigator, so I wonder If that counts againest it. I loved this game and think it's GOTY so far, Just STOP WITH THESE ACHEIVMENTS!!

It is Frustrating playing a game for 35+ hours having to reload my saves everytime i feel ive been seen or set off a alarm, I just now beat the game and It is kinda lame that I only got the one beat the game achievement... Also I killed the investigator, so I wonder If that counts againest it. I loved this game and think it's GOTY so far, Just STOP WITH THESE ACHEIVMENTS!!

I think we should have more of these types of achievements.

Yea killing the investigator counts against the pacifist achievements

It's stupid that you should have to check hundreds of enemies just to make sure they're not dead. They're bad achievements because they have nothing to do with skill, just sheer bloody-minded grinding. Make the achievement one mission long if you want to get people to try different play styles.

If you noticed that somebody died when you shot them with a non-lethal weapon, why didn't you reload your last save? That's what I did. Then from that point on, I didn't shoot anybody, just used regular takedowns.

As for the no alarms thing....I'm a little worried about that one lol. I set off the mines upstairs in the DRM place trying to get to the antenna.

"even made sure i didn't kill any gangmembers"... i DID reload my saves, many times.

maybe its advertised as a play as you want game and then has those 2 specific play style achievements because they want you to experience the game multiple times in many ways rather than just trying to get 1000g in your first go and to never play again? i mean aren't there 3 endings? whats the point in trying to finish the game as quickly as possible?

i would have played stealthy reguardless of the achievements, those achievements force you to constantly reload saves over and over again. there are 4 endings, but its just a choice at the end of the game you make.

what would of fixed all this shit would a simple stats page that tells u well guess what your stats. then u would know if someone was dead or how many alarms had been tripped, stupid decision and 2 stupid glitchy ach;s which is ruining the game for many ppl.

oh yeah man, i dont wanna take anything away from this game, its REALLY good. just those achievements suck and for a game that wants you to do certain things for its achievements it would have been great to have a stats page.

Alarms triggered -0

Enemies Killed - 1

whoops, he did die, reload save

would it have really been so hard?

lol @ the title of this thread

I said that exact same line midway through the first mission. Without being able to monitor your success, you leave the accomplishment of the two achievements to a bit of luck. Luck that you didn't alert someone by mistake. Luck that an unconscious body didn't get hit by an explosion.

With work and school up and running for me, I don't have time for more than 2 playthroughs of the game before the big Fall games drop- which is a shame.

You'll be fine. People make this achievement out to be harder than it actually is. I set off those bombs as well, made every guard in the building "alarmed", and it didn't affect the achievement because an actual alarm didn't go off. If you don't hear alarm bells ringing, you're fine.

Getting caught by cameras and turrets automatically makes alarms go off, so they're the ones you have to watch out for.

You'll be fine. People make this achievement out to be harder than it actually is. I set off those bombs as well, made every guard in the building "alarmed", and it didn't affect the achievement because an actual alarm didn't go off. If you don't hear alarm bells ringing, you're fine.

Getting caught by cameras and turrets automatically makes alarms go off, so they're the ones you have to watch out for.

i swear to you not one alarm went off while i played, i dont have the achievement...