Fix For Missing Templars/Flags

XToastySniperX

Hello everybody. First off, I'd like to establish that I'm XToastySniperX, or Toasty (just call me whatever floats your boat), and here is a fix for those pesky disappearing collectibles in Assassin's Creed.

What normally happens, is that the file is not loaded correctly by the game when you enter the area, therefore rendering it... not there. A simple solution to this is to leave the immediate area.

I remember that there was a certain Templar in the Kingdom that had this problem. What I did was record that so I wouldn't forget, and after I killed all the other ones, I came back and killed him as well, for he'd reappeared.

---

Here is a link to a website that I used myself to collect all the flags, and kill all of the Templars. Flags are marked with a white circle and a number in the middle. The cool thing about this, is below the map is a space full of numbered boxes.

So once you collect a flag labeled '1', you can check Box 1 so you know which ones you got, and which ones you didn't. Templars are marked with a green dot, but are not numbered, therefore you should be careful to ensure you kill all of them before proceeding to the next area.

When you hover your mouse over a Templar/flag location, a small window will pop up, complete with a screenshot and explanation so that you can find them more easily.

Link: http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/Maps.htm

Alas, if you continue to have problems, or just can't find/get that certain flag, feel free to post your troubles here and hopefully I'll be able to help you in some way or form.

Unfortunately, the glitches have not been fixed, and considering how old the game is now, probably never will. I do suggest however, avoid clearing your cache. Simply leaving the area and coming back later is the best choice of action. :)

Sigh... I hate it when developers don't fix these things! Thanks for the reply, will avoid clearing the cache :)

Cheers for the offer of help, you're a gent. Fortunately for me I didn't suffer any glitching at all, and polished off the game this afternoon. Now on to AC2! :woop: I'm quite glad I came to these games late, I won't even have to wait long for the third installment!

I guessed the development house wouldn't sanction any further work on the game with it being a couple of years old. We all know they're under pressure, but having taken such pride in their work it seems a shame to leave nagging glitches in! Oh, and the repetitive investigations... but that's one for another thread! :) Agreed, they're much better about it than they used to be, and at least the majority of us are connected to the internet so they can easily patch the broken stuff!

Edited by Reverendjc

That is a HUGE relief! Maybe its been a while since you played the game, but I've just finished it, and can tell you there are 430!! :eek: Plus the 60 templars of course... it got to be a bit of a drag, especially seeing as the Kingdom map doesn't show any topographical features! What an omission that was!

Yeah, it quickly became more of a chore than an enjoyment. I would say the Kingdom I had the most trouble on as well, due to how terrible the in-game map displayed it (the lines that represented hills and mountains were in the wrong places...).

However, I was able to get the achievement for doing all of the Reach High Points along the way, and a few others, so it became quite worth it in the end. It definitely goes in my collection for 'Never Again' though. :p

Edited by XToastySniperX

• 2 weeks later...

i used the http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/ to help find and check off the flags and templars...on that site he says that the templar near flag 54 (center of map) is a common glitch. ive checked there so many times and never seen him...well i was just guessing at the ones i could have possibly missed and found him. he was the one near flag 33 (near acre) check there maybe you missed him too.

I 1'ked this game from start to finish a few weeks ago and didn't have a single problem with the templars or any of the flags. I'm not sure why/how anyone could be having problems with this - are you guys playing completely offline? I accepted a title update when I first started playing and never had a problem.

Jason.

• 2 weeks later...

No, it just matters what disc you get. You, my kind sir, are very lucky. :p

However, I must too admit that I experienced minor difficulties. The only three troubles I had was trying to get the two flags in the Damascus canal (kept falling in the water and getting desynchronised), and the disappearing Templar near the center of the Kingdom.

The last issue was really my own fault. I found a flag but never ran into it to 'collect' it so I checked it off on my map by accident. I had 99/100 flags but luckily found it a few minutes later. Glad I didn't have to run all over the place again!

• 2 weeks later...

Sir XToastySniperX et al,

Now I'll admit that I have only myself to blame for this, but I too fell victim to the magic disappearing Templar problem. I know I just have the one left and while I thought it may been the one that forum posts have described as glitchy, at this point I just can't be sure anymore.

I think this means I'm left to wander through all Templar points to find my missing one. However I am concerned about how this memory cache glitch you mentioned works. Does it reset when changing your 'domain' (i.e. Damascus to Kingdom)? Or is running far enough away that that part of the kingdom isn't loaded sufficient?

Since the game is older I suspect there isn't much demand for it anymore, but surely there is some way of finding which one you've missed?

I'm one Templar away from this being my first 1000 game. I've read through these posts but ANY suggestions of frequently glitchy crusaders or a way to check through the game which areas I have cleared completely of Templars would help.

Shade42

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...