Last resort - Connoisseur Achievement, help needed!

Marston86

This is my first post on the forums - so first of all, Hello!:drunk

Before I go any further, I have the ultimate edition of forza 3 (2 discs, disc two of course containing all the dlc). And I have been through almost all the threads on here regarding the connoisseur achievement (just incase someone points them out to me, i have seen&read them)

I have read through endless amounts of posts/threads-on here and elsewhere-over the past 5-6 hours trying to solve the problem that will unlock this connoisseur achievement, but have had no luck what-so-ever.

So far, I have deleted all my installed DLC packs from the hard drive, restarted forza, checked at least 25+ times (no joke) that I have at least one car from each original manufacturer in my garage (which i definatley do, im not going mad)....

I have sold a car then bought a car to see if it would pop (nope, didnt happen - though it has for some people). I've also had four or five races (again without any dlc packs on the hard drive) to see if it would pop, again...nothing.

Ive even resorted to buying two cars from the 'majority' of the manufacturers to see if it would pop as some people have said they bought ''another vauxhall'' and it popped right away.

Are there any other possible ways I can do it?, its really starting to bug me now. I had 2.5 million before I went for this chivo, now I have a measly 300,000 lol, as I was buying another car from each manufacturer to see if it would pop by chance, but no joy.

Any pointers would be much appreciated. Im off for now, but shall return tomorrow for a second shot at this achievemnet, and shud probably update my forum profile as well at some point.

Cheers in advance and sorry for the essay.

I finally got the achievement. It's actually quite simple.

DON'T TRY TO SHORTCUT.

If you have the Forza Ultimate Edition, you have NO CHOICE but to buy from every manufacturer included in the Ultimate Edition. Deleting the Disc2 will not allow you to get the achievement.

Simply buy from all the original Manufacturer like the achievement guide tells you to, and buy a car from these Manufacturer aswell:

BERTONE

DEVON

GUMPERT

JOSS

KIA

MORGAN

MOSLER

RADICAL

ROSSION

SPADA VETTURE SPORT

SPYKER

SSC

WIESMANN

The achievement will pop-up right after. There is NO shortcut for this. No deleting DLC included in the Ultimate Edition. (You can and should delete any extra DLC not included in the Disc 2 tho)

Edited by minh2

Not enough cash lacking 1 million dollars. Will report if it works or not

alright, tell us if it works!

A few more things I did, tho I doubt it changes anything:

none of my cars were acquired from auction or Turn10 gift (I sold them). They were all bought from the store, so no car were downloaded (with the Arrow in top right corner)

I have not purchased any additional DLC from the Live Marketplace. Only played with the Ultimate Edition Disc 1 + 2. I did not download the Sting's extra car code that was included in my Ultimate Edition.

I'm pretty sure you can get downloaded cars and still have the achievement but I got it with no downloaded cars. No need to re-buy any cars or replay any race. The achievement unlocked right when I bought my last car.

like minh2 said. I got the ultimate collection too and all I did was to go through all the manufacturers and make sure I had at least a car with the garage/little house icon on it. I would wait though, until you're level 50 because I spent some cash on cars by manufacturers I was supposed to get as prizes. oh well

I'm now struggling with solid gold and I may just give up

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem as this and it was the most frustrating thing. What I did was delete all the extra car packs until I had no extra locked dlc cars left to buy.

then I bought a car just a random car after I had deleted everything and it unlocked immediately. Don't know if this will help you at all but that is how I unlocked it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just to confirm the below worked for the Forza Ultimate Edition. Thanks minh2 for the tip.

I finally got the achievement. It's actually quite simple.

DON'T TRY TO SHORTCUT.

If you have the Forza Ultimate Edition, you have NO CHOICE but to buy from every manufacturer included in the Ultimate Edition. Deleting the Disc2 will not allow you to get the achievement.

Simply buy from all the original Manufacturer like the achievement guide tells you to, and buy a car from these Manufacturer aswell:

BERTONE

DEVON

GUMPERT

JOSS

KIA

MORGAN

MOSLER

RADICAL

ROSSION

SPADA VETTURE SPORT

SPYKER

SSC

WIESMANN

The achievement will pop-up right after. There is NO shortcut for this. No deleting DLC included in the Ultimate Edition. (You can and should delete any extra DLC not included in the Disc 2 tho)

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have an idea of how many credits this achievement takes in total? Even a rough estimate would do

EDIT: For anyone interested, the total cost (for ultimate edition cars only) = 4,283,000 cr

Edited by Blink

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just FYI, cars that are given as a gift from MS DO count :) For example My Spyker was a gift from Turn 10 and it worked perfectly, no need to buy another from that brand.

I wish I had read this before wasting money buying a 2nd car in each of the brands that I had gifted from MS.

Oh well, only 2 or so million credits to go and I should have the achievement. haha

I can confirm that you need to own one from every garage in the original Forza 3 and then one from each extra manufacturer in the Ultimate edition.

I was very lucky and had a friend send me a loads of cars as he won't be playing 3 again and just bought the remaining ones I needed.

Gift cars do count. The achievement is "OWN" not "BUY" so as long as they are in your garage it will count.

I also had the Stig's garage DLC installed which doesen't affect the achievement because the cars are from Mercedes, Lexus & Koenigsegg which are all in the standard edition.

Hope this clears some things up

I can confirm that you need to own one from every garage in the original Forza 3 and then one from each extra manufacturer in the Ultimate edition.

I was very lucky and had a friend send me a loads of cars as he won't be playing 3 again and just bought the remaining ones I needed.

Gift cars do count. The achievement is "OWN" not "BUY" so as long as they are in your garage it will count.

I also had the Stig's garage DLC installed which doesen't affect the achievement because the cars are from Mercedes, Lexus & Koenigsegg which are all in the standard edition.

Hope this clears some things up

Any chance you'd gift me a Lexus LF-A in Forza 3? I'll pay you 50k over the price they go for in the store, if you could help me out (I don't have the ultimate edition). :)

This goes for anyone who has the Ultimate edition! Just reply here, or message me on XBL (GT is same as my username)

Any chance you'd gift me a Lexus LF-A in Forza 3? I'll pay you 50k over the price they go for in the store, if you could help me out (I don't have the ultimate edition). :)

This goes for anyone who has the Ultimate edition! Just reply here, or message me on XBL (GT is same as my username)

Yellow Lexus LFA on auction house. Price 400.000 CR. Buyout 450.000.

24 hours until auction expire.

Have fun.

Edited by crysu

A note to those with the "ultimate"? collectors edition - are you referring to the flip open box with the keyring, flash drive and black case with two DVDs? If so, that's the one I have, and I've sorted out this achievement nonsense!

You *can* have someone gift you a car that has a lock symbol over it - when you accept it, it stays locked but counts as you having the car. A friend of mine gifted me a bertone because mine was showing as locked and it wouldn't let me buy one on the auction house. As soon as I opened his gift message the achievement popped for me (today). I have almost all of the dlc packs and didn't delete any of them, I just bought the cars I liked from them and used them, the others I bought, upgraded & tuned and tripled my money on the auction house.

The last thing I'm looking for before I do my Forza4 import is a Lexus LF-A, I can't seem to find it on the list in the auction house or in the buy cars interface ingame. If someone could gift me one I'd greatly appreciate it, and I would obviously be willing to help out with something in return.

Cheers!