Any way to find Barbas again?

Flying Munky

I visited Falkreath the first time and got approached about the quest to follow the dog like normal, only problem is, before I knew it was important, I shrugged it off as just another quest I'll do eventually. Obviously this was a mistake and is something I just now realized.

Unfortunately, since I have made a lot of progress since then, I don't have a save far enough back to revert to. My question to you guys is can I find that dog anywhere in Skyrim to hopefully do the quest for the artifact?

Any tips are appreciated.

I visited Falkreath the first time and got approached about the quest to follow the dog like normal, only problem is, before I knew it was important, I shrugged it off as just another quest I'll do eventually. Obviously this was a mistake and is something I just now realized.

Unfortunately, since I have made a lot of progress since then, I don't have a save far enough back to revert to. My question to you guys is can I find that dog anywhere in Skyrim to hopefully do the quest for the artifact?

Any tips are appreciated.

the dog should still be where it was if you haven't touched the quest at all. just fast travel to falkreath, activate the quest and go find him.

There's nothing in my quest log about following barbas

All they ask you to do originally is find a dog near the village.

Trying to remember what the quest was called, possibly "A daedra's best friend"?

You could try asking around the village again, Falkreath I think it was.

If you took the quest already it should be in your quest log: A Daedra’s Best Friend

If you don't have it, then simply just travel to Falkreath and talk to the blacksmith about his dog and after that just head out the city through the gates and the dog should show up just outside.

If you took the quest already it should be in your quest log: A Daedra’s Best Friend

If you don't have it, then simply just travel to Falkreath and talk to the blacksmith about his dog and after that just head out the city through the gates and the dog should show up just outside.

THIS!! Worked like a charm. Thank you. I have been more aware now with the guide about missable stuff and this helps tremendously.

• 1 month later...

I'm half way through reach the shrine itself and have lost barbas. I know Im meant to get to the shrine with him, but can I still complete the quest without him or does he just reappear when you reach the shrine.

If I have to find him so that he catches up with me I may have ended you blowing it on this quest.

Someone please give me some good news on this...

Just activate the quest and a marker will show up at the shrine - I accepted the quest, started following him and went off and did my own thing. About an in-game week later I activated the quest and followed the marker to the shrine, there sat Barbas waiting for me :)

I'm half way through reach the shrine itself and have lost barbas. I know Im meant to get to the shrine with him, but can I still complete the quest without him or does he just reappear when you reach the shrine.

If I have to find him so that he catches up with me I may have ended you blowing it on this quest.

Someone please give me some good news on this...

Go to the shrine and if he's not there, then just wait a few hours. Worked for me.