Getting Annoyed With All This Crap...

So, I completed the campaign a while ago with barely any MCOM's. I went back to get that achievement and guess what - my savegame had corrupted. This was pretty annoying, but I got over it and did the whole campaign again. This can't possibly happen again I thought...

Obviously DICE felt like shitting all over me as my newer savegame has corrupted this morning, again. I know for a fact that it's not an issue with my hardware, as this has never happened with any other game. It's irritating on a number of levels because

- I had all the collectable weapons and MCOM's from the campaign.

- If I ever want to play the campaign again, it's out of the question as I can't be arsed doing the whole thing again for a third time

- All my online shit is messed up, as I have to change all the settings, my pins , insignias and classes have been reset.

On another note, I felt that DICE were more community involved than other developers but this opinion is quickly disappearing when looking at the issues that are plaguing this game and are taking forever to be fixed.

- Crappy hit detection, invisible walls that can't be shot through (especially on Isla Innocentes). Tree glitch on Valparaiso

- Crashing, in-game audio issues, getting booted to the dashboard

- Points not being registered half the time (I swear that I'd be at least one or two ranks higher if I actually recieved all of my points)

- Unbalanced teams (7 vs 1 anyone? I've had this a lot...)

- M1 Garand and M1A1, along with the endless Veteran debacle

- Rubber knife that works 50% of the time

- Arm an MCOM and die? MCOM blows up once you're dead? Do anything and die? No points for you...

- Black screen glitch in which you lost ALL of the XP you've gained in the last five or so matches. This is the worst glitch of all.

- Spawning without a gun. It's Gears 2 all over again!

- The 'map packs'. Don't make me laugh. EA have the front to say that IW are charging for new maps when 'EA' don't understand the definition of 'new maps'. Call it a fucking gamemode pack, as that's all it is. New maps for this game are desperately needed. Destruction 2.0 has ruined the map design on this game compared to BC1.

People bitched about MW2 being glitchy when this game is just as bad and DICE take a fucking age to patch anything (remember the pins from BC1? Jesus christ...). Sure, there were a few true glitches and unbalanced things in that game, but IW took notice from community feedback and patched those issues relatively quickly. Sure, there are some things left, such as the OMA noob tube glitch and some elevators (neither of which I've ever seen anyone using in a public match). The main reason that game has a truly awful reputation is because of the JTAG lot and they only picked MW2 to fuck up because it's the most popular game of the year and they can make a fortune hosting modded lobbies. I'd guess that they haven't even bothered looking at BC2 as they probably can't mess around with the multiplayer if EA host dedicated servers or something like that.

Now, I really love this game and truly believe that it is better than MW2. However, if this crap doesn't get sorted before I reach level 40 or so, I'm going to switch to another game. If anyone actually reads this, I'll be amazed and I apologise for the length of the post in advance. Long post is long :p

Very long post indeed sir. Yeah, I hear ya on many of those things. Dashboard is annoying. Never have my data corrupt on me in any game. Try to use a memory card or USB drive since you can now and see what happens. And it isn't DICE's fault for them not updating. Any EA supported game generally gets REALLY SLOW on the updates/map packs to ever come out. Only flaw about the Publisher cause everything has to go through them first. But the biggest thing is defiantly the Do something, die, no points. Really stupid..

Very long post indeed sir. Yeah, I hear ya on many of those things. Dashboard is annoying. Never have my data corrupt on me in any game. Try to use a memory card or USB drive since you can now and see what happens. And it isn't DICE's fault for them not updating. Any EA supported game generally gets REALLY SLOW on the updates/map packs to ever come out. Only flaw about the Publisher cause everything has to go through them first. But the biggest thing is defiantly the Do something, die, no points. Really stupid..

Yeah, after my first save glitched on my hard drive, I made sure to start the new save on a 16GB Sandisk pen drive that I got. Glitched again :p

So, I completed the campaign a while ago with barely any MCOM's. I went back to get that achievement and guess what - my savegame had corrupted. This was pretty annoying, but I got over it and did the whole campaign again. This can't possibly happen again I thought...

Obviously DICE felt like shitting all over me as my newer savegame has corrupted this morning, again. I know for a fact that it's not an issue with my hardware, as this has never happened with any other game. It's irritating on a number of levels because

- I had all the collectable weapons and MCOM's from the campaign.

- If I ever want to play the campaign again, it's out of the question as I can't be arsed doing the whole thing again for a third time

- All my online shit is messed up, as I have to change all the settings, my pins , insignias and classes have been reset.

On another note, I felt that DICE were more community involved than other developers but this opinion is quickly disappearing when looking at the issues that are plaguing this game and are taking forever to be fixed.

- Crappy hit detection, invisible walls that can't be shot through (especially on Isla Innocentes). Tree glitch on Valparaiso

- Crashing, in-game audio issues, getting booted to the dashboard

- Points not being registered half the time (I swear that I'd be at least one or two ranks higher if I actually recieved all of my points)

- Unbalanced teams (7 vs 1 anyone? I've had this a lot...)

- M1 Garand and M1A1, along with the endless Veteran debacle

- Rubber knife that works 50% of the time

- Arm an MCOM and die? MCOM blows up once you're dead? Do anything and die? No points for you...

- Black screen glitch in which you lost ALL of the XP you've gained in the last five or so matches. This is the worst glitch of all.

- Spawning without a gun. It's Gears 2 all over again!

- The 'map packs'. Don't make me laugh. EA have the front to say that IW are charging for new maps when 'EA' don't understand the definition of 'new maps'. Call it a fucking gamemode pack, as that's all it is. New maps for this game are desperately needed. Destruction 2.0 has ruined the map design on this game compared to BC1.

People bitched about MW2 being glitchy when this game is just as bad and DICE take a fucking age to patch anything (remember the pins from BC1? Jesus christ...). Sure, there were a few true glitches and unbalanced things in that game, but IW took notice from community feedback and patched those issues relatively quickly. Sure, there are some things left, such as the OMA noob tube glitch and some elevators (neither of which I've ever seen anyone using in a public match). The main reason that game has a truly awful reputation is because of the JTAG lot and they only picked MW2 to fuck up because it's the most popular game of the year and they can make a fortune hosting modded lobbies. I'd guess that they haven't even bothered looking at BC2 as they probably can't mess around with the multiplayer if EA host dedicated servers or something like that.

Now, I really love this game and truly believe that it is better than MW2. However, if this crap doesn't get sorted before I reach level 40 or so, I'm going to switch to another game. If anyone actually reads this, I'll be amazed and I apologise for the length of the post in advance. Long post is long :p

Honestly, the only question that i have for you.. is how the HELL do you get so many damn points online!? I seriously get on average a K/D spread of around 24 kills and 2 or 3 deaths. What am I doing wrong?

Honestly, the only question that i have for you.. is how the HELL do you get so many damn points online!? I seriously get on average a K/D spread of around 24 kills and 2 or 3 deaths. What am I doing wrong?

Hiding in a bush?

Not going for objectives?

You can't possibly be averaging 24 / 3 as your KD in your stats sig is only 1.3, unless you played really badly at the start.

Anyway, that's irrelevant as KD doesn't mean anything in this game...go for objectives, capture flags, give out ammo whenever you see a teammate, use the tracer and trace everything, revive people. Don't whore one weapon, as you get 5000 points for every 100 kills with a weapon and 10,000 when you get platinum. Anyway, your score per minute of 202 isn't too bad, the majority of people I see are around 150.

DICE take a fucking age to patch anything (remember the pins from BC1? Jesus christ...).

They were dreadful. The best squad patch was broken for a year.

The boat one was supposed to be 50 kills in a boat but they got it wrong and was 50 roadkills in a boat. Then never changed it to what it was supposed to be.

I loved BC1 and am loving BC2, but I agree that DICE are dreadful at addressing problems. Most of the stuff that was wrong with BC1 they never really addressed.

BC2 seems to be less glitchy though, there's nothing like the crippling Dog Tag lag.

I have found that installing the game on the HD fixes alot of the problems. It doesn't crash as often and the problems of not being able to fire or spawning without a gun are eliminated.

Got the full 1000 on it so wasn't upset about the savegame doing that as well but yeah, pretty lame.

Had the audio problem 3 times so far out of 140 hours so not bad at all, had way more problems with every single battlefield since battlefield 1942 back in 2001.

The auto balance is set for squads, it would be impossible to have 3 friends join on you without it set up this way or it would split you up every single time, Think its so bad, try the pc verson, pretty impossible to join friends sometimes on the same team.

Knife is broken worse in this game.

Go play the first Bad company again online and you will crap yourself for how bad the hit detection is.