Collectible and Medal Guide

StarsRPD

--> New Guide Click Here <--

Act 1:

Documents: Given at start [1-3].

Objects: Apartment: Sleeping pills, wrist bands, classical engineering, Certificate of Achievement, Roy the donkey, hand grips. In the very start before heading out the door.

Medal: Introspective: Find all the objects in Kate’s apartment.

Medal: Systems Engineer: After escaping the elevator look behind you, a red lighted door, run up to it.

Document: After going up the stairs to the locked door, after cutscene on the wall to the left of the blue light sign, equip your mavi and collect the imprinted document [4].

Object: Queen of the World Replica: On the desk to the left in the busted up room.

Document: Behind the left computer desk near the last object [5].

Document: At the other side behind the right computer desk [6].

Document: In the busted up room where you collect the mavi hacking module, to the right of the body on the ground is a document [7].

Medal: Acrobat: When you jump out of the building to a girder, climb onto it and balance then jump to the ledge in front of you up in the cieling, shimmy to the far right then use L-stick back and forward and jump to the next girder, medal unlocked.

Object: Queen of the World Anniversary: On the girder you are balancing on now there is a object further down.

Medal: Panther: Run and jump while the water and debree starts flying then roll-dive under the closing door in the flooding corridor. If you miss reload checkpoint.

Object: Queen of the world anniversary globe: On top of a phonebooth after the flooded corridor. Climb onto the snack machine first then jump to the phonebooth.

Document: Same room on the left wall in a corner. Equip the mavi and collect the Imprinted Document. [8].

Document: Green body on the floor after crashing elevator [9].

Medal: Systems Engineer 2: Inspect the encrypted door straight infront of you.

Object: 10th anniversary commemorative coin: Go back up the elevator that crashed, up some ledges and a ladder, up to the room above look on your right on top of the shelf, jump or climb to reach it. *Replaced* --> Link <--

Document: Same room further in, green body on the floor [10].

Document: Up the shaft next to the elevator, many ledges up is a hidden room and a green body with a document [11].

Medal: Explorer: Hidden rooms: One: Climb up the crashed elevator. Two: Climb up a shaft right next to the elevator. Both can be found in the room with the man behind the glass.

Document: Back down and by the glass room, equip the mavi and look into the left side of the glass room, imprinted document on the wall [12].

Document: After the explosion climb up the ladder, jump across a gap then shimmy across a ledge, you come to a room with a ladder. Climb down and collect the document on the ground [13].

Object: Wanted: Mila Krass: On the desk in the same room.

Document: After hiding from the 2 malthusians. By the controls after hacking the door. Equip mavi and look to the right on the wall, imprinted document [14].

Medal: Firefighter: when you get a timer you will need to run back to the glass room with the chief. Run through corridors you came, up stairs, back over ledge with flames, when you get to the glassed room equip mavi and find the door in the back behind the chief, press X to release the water. If your timer goes out reload checkpont.

Documents: Given 4 documents: [15-18].

Object: Commanders Cut: In the room with the chief on top of a sideways laying shelf.

Object: Character Profile: On the computer desk in the same room (Journal).

Document: On the computer desk to the left of the chief [19].

Medal: Collector: Find all collectables in Act 1.

Document: After swimming for a while you come to an elevator cutscene, in here equip mavi and look to the right wall, imprinted document [20].

Act 2:

Document: Right at the start use your mavi and look around, the document is imprinted on the wall straight infront of you [21].

Medal: Bad Dream: Wait for the malthusian to get near a barrel, shoot him then shoot the exploding barrel. Make sure he is flashing red when you shoot the barrel.

Document: There is a vent on the left wall by the first malthusian. Climb inside and there is a flaming blockade, equip mavi and look down, imprinted document [22].

Documents: Following the yellow arrows with the mavi and you'll end up back at the elevator. Look right and there is a green body on the floor with 2 documents [23-24].

Medal: Deep Breath: Swim down the elevator shaft into the next door, go in and to the right, then swim all the way straight (A button to go fast) to the end and equip mavi, collect cypher and head back up the elevator. Alternatively swim near air surface 'checkpoint' then reload checkpoint, head back up the elevator.

Document: When going through a vent to the next location, the vent splits left/right so go left and in this room on the right wall there is a imprinted document [25].

Medal: Valour: Rescue both Billingham and Grimley. On the CCTV's second feed Hit X on the door to let water through and rescue the hostages.

Document: After that go into the next room on the computer desk on the right is a document [26].

Document: Behind the desk is a imprinted document on the wall [27].

Medal: Mega combo: Score 7000+ points in one combo. After breaking the glass into next room, wait behind the fence and aim for a blue gas canister at the far end of the room, when you see the enemies walk directly under it shoot and explode the canister, next shoot the 2 other canisters to your left by the staircase your close to, continue the combo by hitting the 2 electrical wires in the middle of the room. Be quick, might take a few tries.

Medal: Combos: Get a total of 20 combos in one play through: Get as many combos as you can in Act 2 by shooting barrels, gas tanks, electric wires, glass windows and enemies.

Medal: Espionage: Use CCTV to spot the malthusian in the cycloconverter B control room: As soon as you enter Cycloconverter B room there is a CCTV camera up in the ceiling, use it and cycle the feeds to spot the malthusian, medal unlocked.

Document: After going through corridors to cycloconverter B, there is a small fenced staircase. On this platform equip mavi and collect the imprinted document on the wall [28].

Document: After killing the malthusians in this room go up the stairs to the top control room, in here is a imprinted document on the back wall so equip mavi and collect it [29].

Document: Further on after opening a vavle and going through corridors you come to cycloconverter A room. In here up a small stairset and behind a blue wall is a document on the ground [30].

Object: Anxiety no more: When you come to the 2 timed flaming fumes, object is on the ground between them.

Document: After extinguishing the fires head over to the engine room near CCTV, in here equip the mavi and check the left wall for a imprinted document [31].

Document: After extinguishing the fires and finding the underwater frequency key, up the ladder and on the wall straight ahead is a imprinted document, collect with mavi [32].

Document: Later on inside a vent to the left on the floor is a imprinted document [33].

Document: After going through the vent and picking up gel rounds, the document is on the green body [34].

Medal: Stealth: Kill the first 3 Malthusians in the first VFD facility without being detected: Start by equipping gel rounds then take cover and wait for a Malthusian to pass you on the right, shoot him in the back (dbl tap RT) with gel rounds. Scoot then say: check cctv. Go down into water (sneak) and take cover. look for the 2 Malthusians if they are grouped shot them both, if not take them out one by one. Make sure they don't look your direction.

Document: In the same room to the right of loading bay 1 entrance. On the wall is a imprinted document. Equip mavi and collect [35].

Document: In the maintainance room on the floor [36].

Document: After the wall collapses go inside. In this room on the left wall is a imprinted document [37].

Document: After using CCTV to drain the room, you get to a narrow room with a big red door and a ladder on the right side. Up this ladder, equip mavi and collect imprinted document on the wall [38].

Document: After last collectable head up the ledges and into a room. On the computer desk is a document [39].

Document: After going through a vent opposite of the room you were in. Next room has a imprinted document on the wall, to the right off the hack console [40].

Object: The Prophecy of Maltus: By the fence in the hack console room.

Medal: Shoot the breach in VDF 2 to flood the room and escape: After hacking the console shoot a few times at the wall where the water comes out, medal unlocked.

Document: In the room with flames, on the pillar by the ledges, imprinted document [41].

Edited by StarsRPD

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Document: Same room start climbing on the right and into a vent. To the right inside here equip mavi and collect the imprinted document on the floor [42].

Document: After opening vavle, inside a control room there is a frequeny key. In here equip the mavi and collect the imprinted document on the wall. [43].

Medal: Humanitarian: Headshot a malthusian while they are on fire or being electrocuted: In the same room are some semi-auto and energy rounds. Use a energy round on a enemy then equip semi-auto rounds and shoot him in the head while he is electrocuted.

Document: Later on after opening the 2 vavles and some climbing, you come to a room with a staircase, go up the stairs and equip mavi, collect imprinted document on the wall [44].

Medal: Mealstrom: Use CCTV to flood the first loading bay: In the big room with all the containers go into the water and find a CCTV camera. Look for a small door stairwell access and open it with the cctv, medal unlocked.

Document: When your objective is to save the security officers. Look out the window on the far right, the document is on the big red pipe. Go into the water and climb up the ledges [45].

Medal: Collector 2: Find all collectables in Act 2.

Document: Same room into the water. Find the open door underwater and swim through the corridor to the air surface on the map, right under the air surface is a imprinted document on the wall [46].

Document: Further on you get to some stairs. Run to the top and equip mavi collect the imprinted document on the wall by the body [47].

Document: When you get to the moving bridge, cross the bridge on the left and inside the far left room where you hit the switch, equip the mavi. Imprinted document on the right wall [48].

Act 3:

Medal: Flood: Flood the corridors after leaving the loading bays: When you get to the electric wire room, next room has 3 water glass rooms, shoot them and water should rise to the roof, medal unlocked.

Document: After shooting the electric wires go left then right, on the righthand side there is a glass water room with a imprinted document inside. Maintenence Access above the door [49].

Document: After shooting the electric wires go left then left. Then shoot the glass at cycloA, go in and look on the top backside of the last engine on the right wall [50].

Document: Next room there is a hackable door on the left (security office). Go in here and turn 180 degree, bring up the mavi and collect imprinted document above the door [51].

Object: Queen of the world anniversary flag: On a bench to the right after elevator cutscene.

Document: When you come out the elevator equip the mavi and look on the left wall, imprinted document [52].

Medal: Gravity: Launch 2 malthusians over the side of the shuttle plaza: Try to stun them with the sonic rounds. Near a railing when they are about to get up again shoot them and if your lucky they will fly underneath the rail and off the level.

Document: In the plaza to the left on a grassy fence [53].

Object: Anniversary Big Boy Hat: Plaza: On the right jump on the small box then onto the big box.

Object: Anniversary Big Boy Hand: On a bench at the 3rd lobby in the plaza.

Medal: Collector 3: Find all collectables in Act 3.

Medal: All Items: Collect all items in the game

Medal: Climber: After climbing the ladder jump on the upward beam, can be tricky, try to stay center all the way up. Balance at the top then jump to the side into the vent, medal unlocked.

Medal: Honor: Choose to rescue Scoot without hesitation: After the vent don't touch the nearby doors, kill the Malthusian and go hack the console.

Document: After the vent. In the flooded mall at the very end by elevators, there is a imprinted document [54].

Document: Before hacking the console look to your right and equip mavi, collect imprinted document on the wall [55].

--------------------------------------

Misc Medals:

Medal: Supersonic: Complete the game using sonic rounds only: Take your time through big firefights, take cover often, shoot explosives etc and keep shooting til they dead.

Medal: Poseidons Daughter: Complete challenge room without firing your gun: Use wave ability LB then LT and click Right analog stick to send enemies and objects flying.

Medal: Hydro Power: Complete the first 2 waves without firing your gun: Same as above.

Medal: Geek: Complete the game without failing a hack: Practice make sure to lock signal reasonably fast every time. Easy difficulty is easier with less signals.

Medal: Mermaid: Spend 20 minutes under water: Just keep diving under If you don't already have it near the end of act 2 or act 3.

End Game Stats: Documents 55/55, Objects 17/17, Total 72/72, Medals 47/47.

Game Guide: http://news.filefront.com/hydrophobia-walkthrough/

List of documents:

Act 1:

1 - Checking In

2 - Border Security

3 - Sponsorship

4 - Bloated Existence [Page13]

5 - 10 Years.. / A Vision of the Future

6 - Review

7 - Briefing

8 - The Truth [Page6]

9 - A History of.. / 1798: Malthus Opens the Debate

10 - Death or Glory: Malthusians versus...

11 - Suicide Note / Epitaph

12 - The Simple Solution [Page 3]

13 - Interrigation

14 - The Coming Sorm [Page2]

15 - D-Sal.. / Chump

16 - D-Sal.. / RE: FW: Morton

17 - Briefing / Morton

18 - Briefing / Sitrep

19 - Fun Times / Honesty Corner

20 - Harvest of the Unworthy [Page12]

Act 2:

21 - Will of God [Page15]

22 - Doctrine [Page5]

23 - Review

24 - RE: Settling In

25 - True Virtue [Page19]

26 - Cycloconverters Op.

27 - Graves of Mankind [Page16]

28 - Impure Temptations [Page17]

29 - Unworthy Masses [Page18]

30 - Anxiety

31 - The Violation [Page22]

32 - The sum of All Men [Page1]

33 - Balance of power [Page9]

34 - Resistance

35 - Ravaged Earth [Page7]

36 - VDF Facility Overview

37 - Purer State [Page10]

38 - The Cleanse [Page20]

39 - Miracle

40 - Higher Purpose [Page14]

41 - Damnation [Page11]

42 - The Cause [Page8]

43 - New World Order [Page4]

44 - Assisting the convulsions [Page28]

45 - Launching Mankinds Great Hope

46 - Eternity [Page23]

47 - Fatal Urges [Page29]

48 - Futility [Page21]

Act 3:

49 - From the Flames [Page25]

50 - Anniversary Preview

51 - Ultimatum [Page27]

52 - Moral Dignity [Page30]

53 - Satisfaction

54 - Scales of Injustice [Page24]

55 - Duty [Page26]

List of Objects:

Act 1:

1 - Sleeping pills

2 - Wrist bands

3 - Classical engineering

4 - Certificate of Achievement

5 - Roy the donkey

6 - Hand grips

7 - Queen of the World Replica

8 - Queen of the World Anniversary

9 - Queen of the world anniversary globe

10 - 10th anniversary commemorative coin

11 - Wanted: Mila Krass

12 - Commanders Cut

Act 2:

13 - Anxiety no more

14 - The Prophecy of Maltus

Act 3:

14 - Queen of the world anniversary flag

16 - Anniversary Big Boy Hat

17 - Anniversary Big Boy Hand

My first guide. Status: Completed. Notify me if something is missing or incorrect.

I only added missable medals to shorten guide.

Big thanks to WaW Chewie and KongQuest for helping me find last documents and objects.

Edited by StarsRPD

Thanks, I'll be using this guide sometime this weekend. Since you already have a guide for all the collectibles, you might as well make an achievement guide. If not, mind if I make my first one using your guide? I'll make sure to give you all the credit.
ok, you can make guide on here if you want. I'm not sure exactly how to make those. Edited by StarsRPD

• 2 weeks later...
I have done this about 3 times now, I didn't fire my gun during the Challenge Room, yet I haven't got the medal for doing such. Anybody else having the same problem, or am I missing something?
Try using another controller, Save on a usb or memory card see if that helps. Don't touch the shoot trigger at all. Mine unlocked first time I completed challenge room without firing my gun.

Okay, weird...

I've got all three of the Collector Medals, but not "All Items"... and it says I'm missing a document. How is that possible?

And by the way, if I missed "Geek" or "Supersonic" medals, does that mean I have to start over from Act 1? Or can I just start Act 2 and finish Act 3?

Pretty sure you can just load Act 2 and move on from there. I have to do the same thing, I accidentally fired a gel round. Since I didn't kill anyone with it, I figured it wouldn't matter. But after I beat the game, killing only with sonic rounds, I still didn't get the Supersonic medal.

I'm having trouble with the Flood medal. I'm pretty sure I shot out all the glass walls, but there remains a small amount of water at the top. I must be missing one, but I can't find it. FYI, I have collected ALL documents and objects, so I've definitely shot out all the glass walls in that area. Maybe some water escaped through the loading bay door? I'm not sure, but I'm not looking forward to playing through it all again. Any tips or suggestions? Is this an elusive medal?

• 1 month later...
I'm having trouble with the Flood medal. I'm pretty sure I shot out all the glass walls, but there remains a small amount of water at the top. I must be missing one, but I can't find it. FYI, I have collected ALL documents and objects, so I've definitely shot out all the glass walls in that area. Maybe some water escaped through the loading bay door? I'm not sure, but I'm not looking forward to playing through it all again. Any tips or suggestions? Is this an elusive medal?

you could try in the beginning flood the room with wires using cctv then open up to the corridors and repeat. Then shoot all the glass in corridors.

for the Geek medal, instead of reloading the last checkpoint if you failed to hack the console, you can press O when the time is almost at the end and you know that you can't hack the console successfully. You will get the disengage message instead of the Hacking failure one. I did that a couple of times during Act 2 and 3 and I still received the Geek medal when i completed the game. A way faster method instead of reloading the last checkpoint every time

Edited by Dany1981Mtl

Medal: Climber: After climbing the ladder jump on the upward beam, can be tricky, try to stay center all the way up. Balance at the top then jump to the side into the vent, medal unlocked.

Well, instead of jumping on the top of the beam and trying to climb it the hard way (while keeping the balance) and with a high risk of falling down, you can simply push UP on the left stick + Y button while you are facing the side of the beam (with the L shaped sides). You will hang on the ledge of the beam, now press Y to jump to the next "L" shaped edge. A small cutscene will start (the center building in the shuttle plaza is falling down under you) Keep jumping up (and left) with Y, then shimmy left on the beam until you reach the vent opening behind you (push DOWN on the left stick and Y to jump backward and to the vent opening. Then push UP on the Left Stick + Y to climb up and inside the vent. Way easier.