Going into debt

InsaneKane87

I didn't see a thread on this and I will just get right to the point. Players that don't have money that choose to blow up other players pv's should get in debt, getting a -next to their dollar amount.

Twice within a week by a different player they blew up my Z-Type which in the end cost me to pay full price to get it back. It seems the new thing is for people to go around blowing up other pv's with no money in their own bank or very little which in the end has me just riding around on my Akuma which only cost 112$ to get back instead of the 11,000$+ for my Z-Type.

Anyone else had this happen to them and think something should be done?

I also think if players want to get out of debt, they obviously have to earn money by doing jobs etc.

I didn't see a thread on this and I will just get right to the point. Players that don't have money that choose to blow up other players pv's should get in debt, getting a -next to their dollar amount.

Twice within a week by a different player they blew up my Z-Type which in the end cost me to pay full price to get it back. It seems the new thing is for people to go around blowing up other pv's with no money in their own bank or very little which in the end has me just riding around on my Akuma which only cost 112$ to get back instead of the 11,000$+ for my Z-Type.

Anyone else had this happen to them and think something should be done?

I also think if players want to get out of debt, they obviously have to earn money by doing jobs etc.

You can see how much money people have?

Unfortunately every griefer knows to keep their money on another character for safe keeping, I doubt debt would matter to them at all, it would only punish legitimate players who accidentally destroy someone's expensive vehicle (specially since griefers can make sure that their car is destroyed by putting a few stickies on their vehicle).

Unfortunately every griefer knows to keep their money on another character for safe keeping, I doubt debt would matter to them at all, it would only punish legitimate players who accidentally destroy someone's expensive vehicle (specially since griefers can make sure that their car is destroyed by putting a few stickies on their vehicle).

Money is shared between both of your characters, it has always been that way for me. When I made my second one shortly after they fixed the character issue, I was notified the money will be shared between both.

If they were in debt tho, they wouldn't be able to purchase ammo, things of that nature which they use against others to destroy their PV. So I think it would matter in a way. You run out of ammo and you're in debt, then what?

Edited by InsaneKane87

Money is shared between both of your characters, it has always been that way for me. When I made my second one shortly after they fixed the character issue, I was notified the money will be shared between both.

The money in the bank is shared between both characters. However, if you withdraw all your money on you second character then that character will have it all in cash leaving nothing in the bank to be shared with character 1.

That Guy!! has the truth of it, only money in the bank is shared.

If they were in debt tho, they wouldn't be able to purchase ammo, things of that nature which they use against others to destroy their PV. So I think it would matter in a way. You run out of ammo and you're in debt, then what?

Once they run out of money? Move some more of their money from their 'Bank' character over, clear their debt and carry on, either that or delete the character that's in debt and make a new character, If they are really determined they could get free ammo from a few rounds of survival or they could do what they did to get their money in the first place: use the latest exploit.

The only reason griefers don't keep enough money on themselves to pay the insurance is because they are adding to the 'fun' of griefing people by making them have to pay their own insurance, the griefers will (and do) have enough to pay for every car they destroy, they just don't want to pay the other players bills...

Having debt would only effect legitimate players, specially since the insurance already only really causes trouble for legitimate players (and was a bad idea from the start, together with how the whole bad sport system works).

Also, if there was debt, I'd be living in fear of the day when hackers/modders found a way to cause people to end up in debt worth billions, just for blowing up a single car!

• 2 weeks later...
I do admit, that is pretty annoying. But I would keep my expensive cars in my garage most of the time and only bring them out when friends and invite only lobbies are concerned.

Exact same thing here. If I'm playing alone in public lobbies I just use cars on the street.

Debt idea is good though.

The bank account (depoisted) is shared not withdrawn.

I did it when I was gifted money and didn't want it, my secnd character has it in their "pocket".