Fusion: Sentient (WP) [G+R]

razorhawk9

Roamap needs body text to go with the overview. Guide needs some reformatting and a little polish.

Overview

Estimated achievement difficulty: 4

Estimated time for 1000: 20-25 hours

Minimum playthroughs: 1

Missable achievements: No, you can replay any missions at any time

Glitched achievements: None; Reaper’s Understudy was fixed in the 1.1 update

Offline: 19 (190)

Online: 1 (10)

Cheats disable achievements: No Cheats

Difficulty affect achievements: No

Notes

Although, missions take place on planets, space stations, space ships, etc. I will just call them all planets for simplicity, and so does the achievement descriptions. Also, for the most part, the achievement descriptions say “mission”, but really mean “phase”, which is a part of a mission, unless noted otherwise. Some achievements do not pop until you meet the requirements and restart the game; they will pop on start up. So do not panic if you do not get one right away.

Snatched the Pebble

Story related and will unlock upon completion of the Luna Academy planet.

Sparta Schmarta

As you play through the game you will kill enemy sentients and this should unlock well before you reach the end.

Moving Up

After you complete a couple of planets, you will eventually get better sentients and this will unlock when you do.

Got Them All

As you play through and move on to new planets, you will eventually, and randomly, get new sentients. Sentients fall into five categories: common, uncommon, rare, epic, and legendary. There are three kinds of sentients, Tank, DPS, and Healer, making a total of 15 different kinds of sentients that can be acquired. As you go further into the game, you will be able to carry more sentients up to a maximum of 12. You do not need to have all of them at one time to get this achievement, just to have acquired all of them at some point. I received around 50 sentients through my play through, multiples of each. You will have to scrap/auction the extras, but will eventually get the last of them when playing through “The Last Stand” planet.

Through the Grinder

As you complete planets, missions in Ghost Fleet become available for each planet beaten (roughly), and you can play these any time after they unlock. Each mission unlocked in the Ghost Fleet has the same level of difficulty as the planet that was beaten to unlock it, and will not be any harder than any regular missions. The achievement says you need to complete 20 missions, but it really means 20 phases. There are a total of 24 phases. Before the 1.1 update, only 22 phases could be completed. The “Sweet Sound of Destruction” mission was glitched in phase 2, and it and phase 3 could not be completed. The artifact in phase 2 was missing and could not be retrieved. This coupled with endless enemies meant it could not be beaten, but it is all fixed now.

Boomstick

Unequip all your sentients except for one. Equip a couple of shotguns on a Healer (make sure the weapon says it is a shotgun) and go back to an easy mission with endless enemies to get this.

Explosive!

After beating the game, equip a legendary Tank with the most powerful rail gun you have with an Area of Effect (AoE) of 1. Go back to an easy mission with endless enemies, with only the Tank equipped with only the rail gun and try to find two sentients right next to each other. This should not be too difficult. The two sentients right next to each other should blow up with one shot to get the achievement.

Repo Man

As you play through the game, focus on getting Repo Man. Unlike other achievements where they say missions, but mean phases, they really do mean missions here. To get Repo Man, you must collect all artifacts on phase 2 AND phase 3 during a mission to have it count (phase 1 does not matter since there are no artifacts to recover). Do this for 10 different missions. You will have to do the phases in order, all at once, and watch the story at the completion of phase 3 for it to count.

Don’t Tase me Bro

I love the name of this achievement; hats off to developers for this one (look up the YouTube video if you did not get the reference). Equip a Healer with a weapon that has a slow effect and use it on all the enemy sentients in the level. Set your Healer to aggressive mode and put it in front so it slows enemies before your other sentients kill them. It will not count on a level with endless enemies. This is probably best to do on Phase 1 as there are only a couple of enemies in earlier missions.

Edited by Corrupt.

Reaper’s Understudy

As you play through the game, focus on getting Reaper’s Understudy. Unlike other achievements where they say missions, but mean phases, they really do mean missions here. You must beat all three phases within the mission by killing all enemies. This means not capturing the heart on phase 1 or recovering any artifacts on phase 2 or phase 3. You cannot get this on a mission where any of the phases have endless enemies since you cannot complete the phase by killing all the enemies. Reaper’s Understudy was glitched, but was fixed in the 1.1 update on January 3, 2013. To fix the problem, they adjusted the achievement so that you only have to get 8 missions rather than 10. The highest you could go previously was 80%, but now that is what you need for the achievement after the update. There are only 8 missions that count for this, some of which are in the Ghost Fleet. You will have to do the phases in order, all at once, and watch the story at the completion of phase 3 for it to count.

Money Bags

You will earn very little money by completing missions throughout the game. Selling extra sentients you receive for scrap will also provide very little money, but it should be enough during a single play through to get 50,000 credits if you save it all. To earn money faster, see Estate Sale.

Estate Sale

The auction house seems to be not working somewhat frequently and may cause you to scrap some of the extra sentients you receive. However, you will want to sell the extra sentients you get through auction if you can to get Estate Sale. This one is an online achievement since you have to get online to auction/sell you sentients. Just put them up for bid for 48 hours and set the starting bid as something reasonable; I found 500, 1000, 5000, 10000, 20000 for common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary, respectively, to be about right. Selling these will easily get you Money Bags and eventually Estate Sale by the end of a play through. Also, give back to others by using your credits to purchase sentients from others when you get these achievements.

No Child Left Behind

This one seems to confuse people due to semantics. The final planet is “The Last Stand”. Put a common unit (Stahlgeist, Mandragora, or Golem) in with your strong sentients (should be epic or legendary) and beat Phase 1 anywhere on The Last Stand that does not have endless enemies. The common unit may have to survive, so put it off in a corner out of the way.

Set and Served

This is tricky, but if you can get two Tanks to sandwich an enemy and hit them with your weakest melee weapons, you should get this one. You should unequip other sentients and other weapons from your Tanks to make sure they are only meleeing the enemy and knocking it back at each other. There are other ways this can occur and it seemed to happen for me when my Tank shot an enemy back into an unarmed DPS.

Speak Softly…

While completing “The Last Stand” planet, you should not only get legendary sentients, but also a weapon called the “Legendary Scythe” which has a level 60 requirement. Level a legendary Tank (Scylla) to level 60, and equip this sword; you may have to kill an enemy with it to get the achievement.

Life Starts at 60

Only a legendary unit can reach level 60 and you should be close (~level 56) by the time you beat the game. Start using a legendary unit as soon as you get it to start leveling it up. If you need to level, go back to an early mission, phase 3, with endless enemies, romp over enemies, and eventually complete the phase to earn tons of experience. Experience does not seem to increase much for harder missions.

Secret Achievements

On the Trail

Left the Order planet to find Hyperion

Story related, see An End to All Things. This is received upon completion of the “MGS Sentience” planet.

Selfless

Saved the Dominion and Order Forces on Killian's Rest;

Story related, see An End to All Things. This is received upon completion of the “Killian’s Rest” planet.

Family Reunion

Discovered the relationship between Paeon, Hyperion, and yourself

Story related, see An End to All Things. This is received upon completion of the “Saroth” planet.

An End to All Things

Completed the campaign

Story related. This is received upon completion of “The Last Stand” planet. The story related achievements can be slightly glitched. Sometimes when beating a mission, the story does not play, and if this happens on a mission that a story related achievement is supposed to unlock on, the achievement will not unlock. If this happens, replay the mission so you see the story and the achievement should unlock. This happened to me when I beat the last mission on Killian's Rest and did not get the story or the achievement. I had to beat the mission a second time to get the story and achievement.

Hi...

Help please I can't for the life of me beat Phase 3 on Clear the Deck, The Last Stand...

Any help would be very much appreciated.

I am currently using

1. Kraken Lvl64

2. Harpy Lvl56

3. Orge Lvl56

4. Orge Lvl56

5. Scylla Lvl56

I can get the 1st artifact fine but then the endless wave seems to kick in and none of my sentients are able to move because of that bloody green thing on top of their heads if that makes sense.

Cheers

Hi...

Help please I can't for the life of me beat Phase 3 on Clear the Deck, The Last Stand...

I am currently using

1. Kraken Lvl64

2. Harpy Lvl56

3. Orge Lvl56

4. Orge Lvl56

5. Scylla Lvl56

I can get the 1st artifact fine but then the endless wave seems to kick in and none of my sentients are able to move because of that bloody green thing on top of their heads if that makes sense.

Cheers

Your sentient levels are high enough you should be able to beat the phase, but your team may be not ideal for completing it. The problem with phase 3 missions is that you have to collect 2 artifacts and, with endless enemies, this can be nearly impossible. How quickly you get the artifacts is critical. If you take too long, all the sentients eventually converge on you and you die. Also, you usually have to split up and have some sentients protect your "heart". The green spinning thing means you have been stunned/slowed I think. To prevent this, you have to basically kill them before they get you. You need to target the Healers first since I think they do this to you and they heal enemy sentients making it harder to kill them. Any sentient you kill just gets respawned with endless enemies, so you have to move quickly before they come back. I used a Tank and Healer unit to protect the heart, with the Tank on the heart in Lockdown mode and the healer behind the Tank in Defensive mode. I then put two DPS units and a Healer in the bottom right quadrant at the entrance to the top right quadrant. For clarification, the bottom left quadrant is where phase 1 occurs, the bottom right quadrant is where you get the artifact in phase 2. The DPS units have a lot of firepower to kill enemies quickly and the Healer can help keep you alive and stun enemies. The DPS units are also fast which is key. Set the lead DPS to normal and the other DPS and Healer to follow the lead DPS. You do not want to put them on agressive or follow aggressive or they will run off and get killed. Put powerful weapons on the DPS units with a good damage to RoF ratio, but also high ammo. It takes a long time to reload and you will get stunned while doing so, so this is important so you can kill the enemies before they get you. I like to put two healing parts, a part that has a slow effect, and two weapons on the Healer. Figure out ahead of time where the artifacts are and go straight for them ignoring enemies along the way as much as you can. Now, move your DPS team into the top right quadrant, grab the artifact there, quickly go straight to the top left quadrant and get the artifact there and then go straight back to the bottom left quadrant to return to your heart. This is what worked for me on this mission and throughout the game.

Hi...

I am currently using

1. Kraken Lvl64

2. Harpy Lvl56

3. Orge Lvl56

4. Orge Lvl56

5. Scylla Lvl56

Cheers

Your sentient levels are high enough you should be able to beat the phase, but your team may be not ideal for completing it. The problem with phase 3 missions is that you have to collect 2 artifacts and, with endless enemies, this can be nearly impossible. How quickly you get the artifacts is critical. If you take too long, all the sentients eventually converge on you and you die. Also, you usually have to split up and have some sentients protect your "heart". The green spinning thing means you have been stunned/slowed I think. To prevent this, you have to basically kill them before they get you. You need to target the Healers first since I think they do this to you and they heal enemy sentients making it harder to kill them. Any sentient you kill just gets respawned with endless enemies, so you have to move quickly before they come back. I used a Tank and Healer unit to protect the heart, with the Tank on the heart in Lockdown mode and the healer behind the Tank in Defensive mode. I then put two DPS units and a Healer in the bottom right quadrant at the entrance to the top right quadrant. For clarification, the bottom left quadrant is where phase 1 occurs, the bottom right quadrant is where you get the artifact in phase 2.

Your sentient levels are high enough you should be able to beat the phase, but your team may be not ideal for completing it. The problem with phase 3 missions is that you have to collect 2 artifacts and, with endless enemies, this can be nearly impossible. How quickly you get the artifacts is critical. If you take too long, all the sentients eventually converge on you and you die. Also, you usually have to split up and have some sentients protect your "heart". The green spinning thing means you have been stunned/slowed I think. To prevent this, you have to basically kill them before they get you. You need to target the Healers first since I think they do this to you and they heal enemy sentients making it harder to kill them. Any sentient you kill just gets respawned with endless enemies, so you have to move quickly before they come back. I used a Tank and Healer unit to protect the heart, with the Tank on the heart in Lockdown mode and the healer behind the Tank in Defensive mode. I then put two DPS units and a Healer in the bottom right quadrant at the entrance to the top right quadrant. For clarification, the bottom left quadrant is where phase 1 occurs, the bottom right quadrant is where you get the artifact in phase 2.

The DPS units have a lot of firepower to kill enemies quickly and the Healer can help keep you alive and stun enemies. The DPS units are also fast which is key. Set the lead DPS to normal and the other DPS and Healer to follow the lead DPS. You do not want to put them on agressive or follow aggressive or they will run off and get killed. Put powerful weapons on the DPS units with a good damage to RoF ratio, but also high ammo. It takes a long time to reload and you will get stunned while doing so, so this is important so you can kill the enemies before they get you. I like to put two healing parts, a part that has a slow effect, and two weapons on the Healer. Figure out ahead of time where the artifacts are and go straight for them ignoring enemies along the way as much as you can. Now, move your DPS team into the top right quadrant, grab the artifact there, quickly go straight to the top left quadrant and get the artifact there and then go straight back to the bottom left quadrant to return to your heart. This is what worked for me on this mission and throughout the game.

I tried to post the rest, but a moderator apparently has to review it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi...

I am currently using

1. Kraken Lvl64

2. Harpy Lvl56

3. Orge Lvl56

4. Orge Lvl56

5. Scylla Lvl56

Cheers

I would find it very difficult to beat any endless wave with this setup. I found it quite easy to run through the game using 1 tank, 2 dps, 2 healers. If you are quick enough you can grab the artifact while the enemies are distracted.

You can leave the tank in lockdown at the base or use it as a distraction. Again, if you are quick enough grabbing the artifacts enemies should not make it to the base (unless they spawn right next to it).

Family reunion is glitching on me, I've replayed the final mission several times, but nothing. Only on phase 3, a small dialogue appeared but nothing else. Should I try to do other missions or do you have any other suggestions?

And an awesome guide aswell, it has helped me out a lot!

• 3 weeks later...