Horde Soloing - All 50 Waves On Insane

Vindicator51

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was using this method and on round 20 I got a Brumak. I'm thinking: OK, no big deal. Just take out everything and then focus on the boss. However, no one spawned after I wiped out about half of the enemy, so I started going to town on the Brumak. A few minutes later it's dead and I start waiting for the rest of the wave of enemies to spawn.

But noooooo..... another f'ing Brumak spawns, this time on the right side of the map with additional grinders and maulers as well. I have never seen two brumaks in a boss round. Because he was on the right side, he kept walking at me unless I hid on the right side of the cover. This, of course, made all the other enemies start charging. Eventually I was overrun when the brumak busted my laser wire and two grinders mowed me down.

Of course, next round was a brumak and I saved it for last and when it died, another did not spawn. I was so pissed that I waisted like 15 minutes on some bs.

I've seen two Brumaks in a boss wave before. In fact, that's what I got for wave 10 when I was getting the "Welcome to Horde Mode" achievement. Boy was I pissed when that second one showed up, because downing the first one with no mutators was hard enough even on casual.

Yeah, fuck the elite grenadiers. If it's not the boltok to the face on their first shot then it's the random grenade. I seriously have died 3 straight times on round 49 while in cover because they get into the ink grenade spawns and land a perfect frag on me. All I hear is the *tink tink* and I know I'm dead. The last time it was with 4 people left. I would rather just have 50 grinders and maulers, those guys are slow and manageable.

Thanks for the guide and it worked like a charm!! It took me and 2 other friends to finish all 50 waves in 1 session within 3 hours, which was much less than expected. We're a bit lucky as we faced Brumak for most of the boss waves, except in wave 40 we got Gunker and were cursed by his mortar given we had no shelter plus the radius of the explosion was too large to escape. :(

i doubt ticker tuesday is just tickers just more and they suck already destroying ya crap and now you die when one blows up. Be assured its like ticker weekends where the other stuff is there too. no way they make it just tickers and i quit the last week of gears 2 because it was so boring with just tickers

Just got finished with this. Thanks Vindicator51 for sharing your awesome find. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Everything went relatively smoothly although I never expected the grenadier elites to be the most annoying and dangerous enemy. Man, those assholes oneshotted me with their boltoks from across the map so many times (when Damage taken was x2.0 and x2.5). I had to resort to a lot of blindfiring from cover. After reading this thread I've seen I'm not the only one who had problems with them.

Just got finished with this. Thanks Vindicator51 for sharing your awesome find. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Everything went relatively smoothly although I never expected the grenadier elites to be the most annoying and dangerous enemy. Man, those assholes oneshotted me with their boltoks from across the map so many times (when Damage taken was x2.0 and x2.5). I had to resort to a lot of blindfiring from cover. After reading this thread I've seen I'm not the only one who had problems with them.

You're most welcome, and i'm glad it helped you. :)

The Snipers and Grenadiers was the enemies i hated the most, because they will kill you in one shot later. I did resort to a lot of blindfire in the later waves because of this too.

Edited by Vindicator51

woot! got the achievement for 50 waves, got savage corpsers as bosses which was a total bitch, but i did it in the end

i could never figure out super reload, i thought a perfect reload didn't run out of time,

That grinder isn't dying quick enough. *active reload* there it goes! lol

It would reload your weapon and double the clip on a perfect reload.

Active reloads do run out on a timer. Super reload actives do not. Instead what happens is every round that was reloaded perfectly is included in the doubling. You get one clip or partial clip of Super active and then once that is spent you still have a full clip of regular rounds left in the magazine. Basically you get 2 rounds for each round you reload. One Super round and one normal round for each round shown in the ammo counter.

I have been doing this method on Trenches and am currently on wave 34.

I got to wave 32 and the little bar at the bottom said my current total was 31/50 (the stat that actually tracks how many waves you have played). But when I went into my stats, it said - waves completed: 34 (33).

Does this mean I have missed 1 wave out as I have no idea of finding out which one and I don't fancy playing all 50 again?!

Those grenadiers doing headshots from across the map really starting to get on my nerves, when i quickly pop out of cover and they headshot me from a mile away with a fucking pistol, haha, after wave 32 it happens all the time...

Oh don't say that. I'm only just up to wave 32 just now and it's getting tougher and tougher!

Just got a lambent berserker >_>

Kill as many as you can, leaving the lambent berserker until last, then go get killed. At least that way you earn some cash. Don't bother repairing and keep replaying the same level until a different boss spawns. Then either try and kill it, or die again and then fortify. I got the lambent berserker three or four times in a row, then got a normal berserker. Had lots of cash as I hadn't wasted it repairing fortifications.

Edited by Mindstorms
Finger stutter...and spelling

First of all, this method depends on how fast you are at completing waves, and it also needs a good aiming / perfect reload skill. I want to post this in a thread for itself, so people can benefit from it.

This will unlock both the Insane medal and the achievement for 50 waves.

----------------------------------------------

Mandatory Mutators for completing this.

Infinite Ammo

Super Reload

----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

What weapons did i use? - Lancer and Gnasher.

--------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What Fortifications did i use? - Level 2 Barrier(Barbed Wire) Sentries for distractions.

One barrier down the hill, and one under the safe spot. One sentry down the hill and one at the top.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------

Boss waves possible with this method

Brumak, Reavers, Normal Berserkers (Lambent Berserker is impossible)

(The damage from a Super Reloaded Lancer will kill even normal Berserkers eventually after a few clips)

---------------------------------

What map is this possible on?

Trenches - Middle base on the map.

---------------------------------

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/8797/billede0074.th.jpg

^ This is the safe spot as i call it. If you sit there when the wave starts, and when the wave has begun, the enemies will be somewhat less aggressive, but still shoot after you from a distance. Maulers will typically stand still, but Boomers and Grinders are likely to move around a bit.

One thing you need to know, is that if you start moving slightly to the right, the enemies will start charging towards you. I did this to attract enemies when i was unable to kill them from a distance.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/221/billede0073a.th.jpg

^ This is what can happen when you sit in that exact safe spot on Brumak waves. It's unable to shoot you, but you can kill it from there.

Note - I'm using Infinite Ammo with the Lancer and Super Reload. Without the 2nd mutator, the enemies will take a ton of bullets to kill. If you don't get the correct boss, then you can die and reload untill you do.

Thanks man this is awesome gonna try it out later!!!!

But noooooo..... another f'ing Brumak spawns, this time on the right side of the map with additional grinders and maulers as well. I have never seen two brumaks in a boss round.

Never? I had 3 once, playing with a bud on Gridlock and all three one after the other came out of the left side. Once we downed one another popped up right behind it.

Mad I say! But they scare me less than the lambent zerkers, those are crazy.

OT: I tried this on insane last night and that nook definitely seems to have some nice protective anti-aggro shield barrier around it. It was slow going and I made it to round 6 or so before a friend jumped in. We then made it to round 27 just playing normally for shits and giggles.

I can completely see it working all the way solo, but would be a good time commitment as they tend to not approach any lines of fire until you break from that nook.

We discovered the hard way that the instagib works on regular berzerkers....but not the lambent variety. Those still hurt. :( A lot.

Has anyone tried punching a Brumak? Anyone? :p