I've been trying to boost my Gamerscore on PC/Android. Reading these forums I've been wondering why are you guys ignoring EA's own Origin store. For now, I was able to find only a few GFWL games there:

1. Bulletstorm (LINK)
  2. Resident Evil™: Operation Raccoon City (LINK)
  3. Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition (LINK)

I know that at least Bulletstorm is available on Steam as well. The issue is - Steam version in not available in some regions. As for myself, I keep getting "This item is currently unavailable in your region" when I try to open Bulletstorm page on Steam, but on Origin it opens just fine. Same with Street Fighter.

I think this deserves a bit of further investigation. Sorry, if I shouldn't have started a new thread for this.

I've been trying to boost my Gamerscore on PC/Android. Reading these forums I've been wondering why are you guys ignoring EA's own Origin store. For now, I was able to find only a few GFWL games there:

1. Bulletstorm (LINK)
  2. Resident Evil™: Operation Raccoon City (LINK)
  3. Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition (LINK)

I know that at least Bulletstorm is available on Steam as well. The issue is - Steam version in not available in some regions. As for myself, I keep getting "This item is currently unavailable in your region" when I try to open Bulletstorm page on Steam, but on Origin it opens just fine. Same with Street Fighter.

I think this deserves a bit of further investigation. Sorry, if I shouldn't have started a new thread for this.

I don't understand your point: ignoring in what sense? If you can't access the game on Steam but can on Origin, then that's Steam's problem for not supporting your region. If Origin does, then it's their choice for supporting it. What the hell does this have to do with this website?

I don't understand your point: ignoring in what sense? If you can't access the game on Steam but can on Origin, then that's Steam's problem for not supporting your region. If Origin does, then it's their choice for supporting it. What the hell does this have to do with this website?

I'm not saying that Steam is bad or whatever. I've just noticed that Origin is not mentioned here at all, so I've put together a list of GFWL games there. Might be useful for someone.

I'm not saying that Steam is bad or whatever. I've just noticed that Origin is not mentioned here at all, so I've put together a list of GFWL games there. Might be useful for someone.

Origin is just a digital distributor in the same as GOG (Good Old Games) or other services. We don't care in which distributing service the game is on because the main service that's important is the GFWL service that all these games have in common.

GFWL is kinda alive yet. I'm currently playing Fallout 3 GOTY and getting achievements in it. As for not caring where the game is... well, it's your choice. But those games are getting more and more rare.

Sorry once again for starting this thread in the first place. I seem to have misunderstood the main topic of this forum.

Can you still earn achievements on those games listed? I thought GFWL was dead, so I thought it wasn't possible anymore.

GFWL will end in July 2014. Joystiq went to each developers that have games on GFWL and they listed on what's happening to them:

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/17/games-for-windows-live-is-dying-we-check-the-life-support-of-ga/