Glitch or vague achievement description?

ChrisD0811

So I got 100% on a song today with all four band members at the same time, all on super easy, and no "practice makes perfect" achievement. At the end of the song it stated at the bottom that auto-kick was on, which I figured may have disabled the achievement. So I bumpeddrums up to easy and did it again, this time no auto-kick message, but still no achievement. The achievement itself says nothing about a minimum difficulty requirement at all, so I figured super easy would be fine. Anyone have any insight here?

As an update, I tried one more time after posting this thread, out of sheer frustration, and on a whim I decided to delete the save I had for the game (being that I hadn't started story mode at all), as well as clear the cache. We got 100% one more time with all of us on super easy, and the achievement popped right away. So if you are having trouble with it unlocking I guess I would suggest clearing the cache first, and if that doesn't work try deleting the entire save file for the game altogether as well as clearing the cache. Hope this helps :)

Yeah clearing the cache is only viable for clearing unwanted updates so you can get achievements easier before they patch them. I haven't tried for this yet as I will do it when I go to my friend's house. I'm already well into story so I better not have to delete my save. You said something about auto kick on. Did you by any chance turn auto kick on?

Yeah clearing the cache is only viable for clearing unwanted updates so you can get achievements easier before they patch them. I haven't tried for this yet as I will do it when I go to my friend's house. I'm already well into story so I better not have to delete my save. You said something about auto kick on. Did you by any chance turn auto kick on?

As I understand it, the cache does not store ONLY updates. It does serve purposes other than update storage, although it is beyond my technical intellect to go any further into that matter. All I can say is that I have had a few games in the past that had no updates, but required me to clear the cach and try again for an achievement. One such instance I can clearly remember is the achievement in Watchmen Part 2 for using all combos for one of the characters within 60 seconds or something like that. I did it successfully about 100 times over two days to no avail. Next day I cleared the cache, went back into the game, did it first try and the achievement unlocked. The game had no updates and had just released a few days earlier. In fact, that situation was the only reason I tried clearing it for this problem.

As for the kick question, no I did not enable the auto-kick. Playing on Super Easy automatically enables auto-kick, which must be why it said it at the bottom of the screen post-completion. Basically I played with all 4 on Super Easy, 100% for all, and did it about four times. On Charlene to be precise. Figured the kick might be the issue, so I tried it three more times with everyone on Super Easy except for drums, which I bumped up to Easy. Every time it showed 100% hit for all four members, but no achievement. I then cleared the cache, loaded the game up again, and got 100% with all four band members on Super Easy one last time, and the achievement popped right away as it should have.

Therefore, I feel pretty comfortable restating my personal opinion that clearing the cache, update or not, is what solved the issue for me...

i had the same problem yesterday .. we did it about 5 times at 100% each and no achievements. For once i had folks here that could do this, i was not happy that the achievement did not pop.

As for cleaning the cash first how do you do that ?

and second do you actually lose your story or not ?

i'm almost at the end in the story, i don't feel like doing it all over again.

This achievement is super glitched. (And the title of this thread is too vague.)

Last night, I unlocked it for myself on the first try, but it didn't unlock for the two other people signed in and playing with me, after four attempts. And yes, on our first attempt: everyone was on super easy. I suspect that to be the source of the glitch. Next attempt, I'll clear the cache and we'll all be on regular easy.

Somebody else asked, but nobody answered. Where do you go to clear the cache?

• 3 weeks later...

This happened to me last night.

My wife was on bass as Player 1; I was on guitar as player 2, my brother was on drums as Player 3, and a guest was on vocals as Player 4. We got 100% on Charlene, and the "Practice Makes Perfect" achievement only unlocked for my wife and brother. We did it several more times, but it still did not unlock for me.

Frustrated, I signed out of my guitar, and had my wife sign out of her guitar, too. Then I signed in on hers and she on mine, so I was now Player 1 and she was Player 2. We completed Charlene one more time and the achievement finally unlocked for me.

So if this happens to anyone else, try signing into a different instrument and doing it again.

• 2 months later...

I had this problem as well. I was on guitar, my friend was on drums as player one, we had two random people on the other instruments. we got 100% on it but only the drummer got the points. We tried several more times, but with no luck.

After reading this forum, I decided to try switching my profile to player one and on the drums, sure enough this achievement popped when we got 100% again.

Hope that helps anyone still having this problem.

~Kiyoshi