Additional help for Penalty Shot

theOgrius

After being frustrated for over an hour trying every method mentioned in the forums and roadmap, I only had one penalty shot attempt and I still missed it.

So I went back and analyzed things and came up with my own method that worked great. I had 3 penalty shots in under 2 minutes and finally made the 3rd one.

First go into the rosters and edit Denmark. Set every players stats to 1 except for Aggressiveness, set that to 99. Now go into the Options and change the time to 20 minutes (give you as much time as you need) and actual time. Now go to Penalties and set the Penalty Time to 0:20. I will explain why this is important in a second. Set everything else for penalties all the way to the right. Now up all the sliders for human control and drop everyone of them for CPU control. Now start a game as an all star team against Denmark, let the CPU control Denmark.

Now to the real point of things. In order to get a penalty shot you have to be on a breakaway and be fouled while in the process of taking a shot. The only way I could get this to happen was if it was 5v5. Otherwise I could not get it to trigger even on a breakaway. This is why the 0:20 penalty clock is important. If anyone goes in the penalty box, just wait 20 seconds.

So Now when you are playing get the puck. Super easy since the other team is terrible. Now go into your side of the ice and wait for one player to attack you. You are WAY faster than him so just pull RT and blow past him and everyone else on the ice. Should be very easy. Just go straight up the middle. Once you pass that last defender simply hold X and wait. If you get a penalty shot, great. If not try again. Trying again should be very quick.

The problem I was having previously is that my team was randomly getting penalties, killing my chances. Having the 20 second clock stopped that from really being an issue.

Hope this helps someone.

After being frustrated for over an hour trying every method mentioned in the forums and roadmap, I only had one penalty shot attempt and I still missed it.

So I went back and analyzed things and came up with my own method that worked great. I had 3 penalty shots in under 2 minutes and finally made the 3rd one.

First go into the rosters and edit Denmark. Set every players stats to 1 except for Aggressiveness, set that to 99. Now go into the Options and change the time to 20 minutes (give you as much time as you need) and actual time. Now go to Penalties and set the Penalty Time to 0:20. I will explain why this is important in a second. Set everything else for penalties all the way to the right. Now up all the sliders for human control and drop everyone of them for CPU control. Now start a game as an all star team against Denmark, let the CPU control Denmark.

Now to the real point of things. In order to get a penalty shot you have to be on a breakaway and be fouled while in the process of taking a shot. The only way I could get this to happen was if it was 5v5. Otherwise I could not get it to trigger even on a breakaway. This is why the 0:20 penalty clock is important. If anyone goes in the penalty box, just wait 20 seconds.

So Now when you are playing get the puck. Super easy since the other team is terrible. Now go into your side of the ice and wait for one player to attack you. You are WAY faster than him so just pull RT and blow past him and everyone else on the ice. Should be very easy. Just go straight up the middle. Once you pass that last defender simply hold X and wait. If you get a penalty shot, great. If not try again. Trying again should be very quick.

The problem I was having previously is that my team was randomly getting penalties, killing my chances. Having the 20 second clock stopped that from really being an issue.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for posting this, really helped me a lot. I rented this game today and was having some trouble with this achievement but only took about 10 minutes using your method.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried every single method to get this annoying achievement and was about to give up being annoyed having 4 achievements on a game which only has 5 achievements. Then i saw your post, tried it and it worked first time i've now done it for 5 other people. Hands down best strategy very easy to do and this should be the guide that is used on the main page. Thanks alot for all your help :D

make sure no one on either team gets sent of when attempting it due to the fact that the other team needs 5 people on the field to trigger it, next make sure you are on a breakaway, it will NOT trigger unless you are on a breakaway, to do this you need to be inside you section and run through all of their players stopping just before their goalie, once there hold down x and wait, if you've set all their players to 99 percent aggressive they should foul you giving you the penalty. Also if you meant that you can get the penalty but you can't score it i found it easier to run straight at the goalie and turn abit just before shooting. This is about as much help as i can possibly give you sorry hope it helps.

Edited by tjpatterson146

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I've done this twice now and still no achievement, does it pop at the end of the game or should it do it straight away?

EDIT: Read a post above about deleting the profile/save etc and I did that... got a penalty in the first minute, scored and it worked :)

Edited by AmbaLaBamba

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...