Serious about Seriously SG-1 & Fehhh Ultra Fast Boosting Guide

Super Geek No1

Should This Thread Get Sticky  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should This Thread Get Sticky

This guide is brought to you by Super Geek No 1 & Fehhh

Boosting Gears Of War (G.O.W) is always a problem on both Xbox 360 and Windows (PC) due to shortage of players and time zones. Well myself and Fehhh have found yet another way to get passed the fiasco of recruiting too many players.

Note: This guide cover how to boost by yourself with one other person or with three - four people

As some of you know you can launch a game more than once off your pc depending of how powerful it is, for those that don't know this listen up. Go to control panel on your PC and click on User Accounts and make another user account on you pc.

Note: Now it is up to you how many you can make but your pc would have to be able to handle the power requirement of running many copies of GOW at once. So if you are boosting by your self on one PC you are going to need to make Five or Seven user accounts. Also to switch between user accounts press Ctrl, Alt + Del and select the option switch account users or hit the windows button and select the option on the drop down menu next to Shut Down.

Ok you are going to also make as many dummy accounts needed note: on PC you don't need Gold account to play on Live, also you will be prompted for a serial key use the one that came with G.O.W.

Once you have how many you feel you need start up G.O.W. When loaded up go to the Options on G.O.W and put all the Video settings to the lowest possible (do this on all user accounts)

Ok now once all this done and holding steady switch back to your main Live Account.

Now the setting I'm going to tell you was the easiest game type we could find. Host a rank match either KOTH (King Of The Hill) or Annex, Three Rounds, 120 capture points and most importantly select the map to Fuel Depot. When the game has loaded up the lobby screen switch users and search for the game you are hosting (do this accordingly with all accounts). Switch back to your main account and start game.

The reason for Fuel Depot is because it is the only way to get maximum kills without too much movement. Once the match has started all you need to do is grab the Sniper Riffle form the truck (Lorry) and the Hammer of Dawn from the centre hanger bay. Now with sniper you should be able to see across the map to each spawn area and be able to kill the bots as they spawn. e.g. When you get the sniper riffle (the one closest to the spawn hanger) go close to the crate in front of you and you should be able to see the other guys in their spawn and get head shots. For the person on the other side (spawned out in the open) he can use mainly hammer of dawn. Remember this an example you'll figure out your own way on that map if you want.

Ok now based on 1 session = to 1 hour and on two bots I (SG-1) got 350 - 400 kills per session and Fehhh got 450 - 500 per session (advantages of Hammer of Dawn and key board and mouse) with three bots it is 550 -650 kills per session. This was done just over four days would have been two days if we didn't get so tired of the repetition. Anyways there is a bonus using this method I'm from the UK, Fehhh Australia time difference is + nine hours ahead so while he was sleeping I was killing and by the he woke up I could join in or go to sleep.

Note: when your really tired capture the points end the game and get some rest Good Luck and hope this helps, any other questions send me a message PM me.

Specs: At the time of doing this I had a Acer M3802, Quad core Q8300 @ 2.50GHz

6gb Ram DDR2, Ati 4300/4500 HD (really crappy GPU) Windows 7 Home Edition x64

oh and the worse part a 250 Watt Power Supply Unit

P.S: This can also be used to get weapon achievements and not so seriously by yourself

Note: 16/07/2011

You must have your PC setting set to high performance.

Control Panel/Power Options/High Performance

Also some people have a problem keeping all accounts in the game well there are many reason for this here are the main ones.

1. Your PC ain't as powerful as you thought.

2. You might be running low on memory which if you know how to page file would be handy.

3. If you have a low wattage Power Supply Unit (PSU) you will also find problems doing this as

your pc can't attain the necessary power it needs to run that many different processes.

A small fix for the above problem (if you can call it that)

When switching accounts just try pressing the windows button on the keyboard and clicking on a the taskbar. If it worked then GOW be in the back ground and will be silent no music, no sound nada, once silent that means you can switch accounts with a 70% chance of it working properly. When its not silent you have a 35-55% chance of it working properly.

Note 24/07/11: I was wrong if you have a CD just make sure it's in the tray and follow the instructions

Update: 24/07/11:

Please make sure you have 6 players/bots in a public match for the kills to count towards Seriously. If a player/bot lags out for what ever reason if less then 6 players/bots capture the objective and end the game then start it back up with 6 players/bots. If you have more than 6 players/bots to start with then it doesn't matter if one ore two lag out as long as it doesn't go past 6 players/bots. For Not So Seriously doesn't matter how many players you have and it can be done in a private match, this is to clear up all questions people are asking one more thing GOW PC isn't like GOW Xbox 360 once you hit 10k on the dot Seriously will pop once the match has ended

Update:26/03/12

Another Tip: Shut down all non essential programs as this will drain you pc processor and memory and might kick bots out while boosting

Update: 27/01/2013

To make it very clear to anyone reading this guide.

Seriously Minimum Requirements:

3v3 Public Ranked Match, with minimum 3 Rounds

If any play lags out during boosting end the game as fast as possible as none of the kills if

less that 3v3 will not count.

Seriously can be obtained in all match types including King of The Hill & Annex

Not So Seriously Minimum Requirements

Any game type, Private or Public (ranked) with minimum 3 Rounds

One More Thing: Please the guide thoroughly before asking me questions as I can't keep reiterating what is in the guide every time you fail to read it properly

PS: This boosting method works on other PC games:

Shadow Run

Jame Bond Quantum of Solace

Flatout: Ultimate Carnage

Bioshock 2 Eng & Rus

Battle vs. Chess

Doesn't work with:

Section 8 (I believe it might if I have a digital copy)

Street Fighter IV (Knocks the other player out of Lobby or could just be my pc)

Halo 2

GTA IV (due to anti cheat system)

Kane & Lynch (doesn't give the other any port settings might work on a digital copy)

Super Street Fighter IV AE

Most games released after 2010 it won't work for, for verious reasons

These were all tried with cd versions of the game so it might work if you have a digital copy from Steam or GFWL I'll update if I try more or send me a message of one you have tried and it worked or didn't work.

My Current PC Specs are (27/01/2013):

PC: Acer M3802 (Acer is a crap brand now)

Processor: Intel Quad Core Q8300 @ 2.50GHz

Memory: 6gb Ram DDR2 (This is the standard one that come with pc)

GPU: Ati 6950HD (big upgrade compared to when I wrote this guide)

PSU: OCZ 700Watts

I will post how many copies it can run at once to give people an idea to how they could possibly run

http://raptr.com/badge/SGC/fs_696ed48cca0728d4680693532ab55022.png

http://raptr.com/badge/SGC/fs_overall.png

http://raptr.com/badge/SGC/fs_xbox.png

Edited by Super Geek No1
Updated Info

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tested 6 accounts on my PC, worked fine. I have a q6600, 8gb ram, and a gtx 580. Finally have a use for 8gb ram. lol
How much of your RAM did it end up taking up? I only have 6GB but I'll gladly allocate some of my HDD space for RAM if I need it. Lol using HDD space for RAM. I haven't done that in ages.

How much of your RAM did it end up taking up? I only have 6GB but I'll gladly allocate some of my HDD space for RAM if I need it. Lol using HDD space for RAM. I haven't done that in ages.

You will need HDD page filing, without it, it would only use like 75% of my 8gb ram after loading 4-5 clients would then start to crash. After enabling page filing, physical ram usage would go to 88-93% and all 6 clients loaded up perfectly fine.

Thanks. I haven't picked up Gears of War yet but I tried it with Shadowrun and it worked except I tried inviting a 8th person instead of making an 8th account and it all went to hell. So i figure when I find the time to do this again if I just play with myself only it should all be okay.

Edit: So I made an 8th account and I want to thank you for your Gears of War guide because it works just as well for the PC version of Shadowrun. And with the actual disk version.

Edited by Phantomzero17

• 2 months later...
You will need HDD page filing, without it, it would only use like 75% of my 8gb ram after loading 4-5 clients would then start to crash. After enabling page filing, physical ram usage would go to 88-93% and all 6 clients loaded up perfectly fine.

And how would you do that? I am about to start Gears PC and my computer specs are, Intel i7 870 (2.9GHz), 4 gigs of RAM (only 3 can be used due to me being on a 32 bit version of Windows 7), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, 1 terabyte hard drive. Would I be able to run 6 to 8 accounts if I enabled HDD page filing?

And how would you do that? I am about to start Gears PC and my computer specs are, Intel i7 870 (2.9GHz), 4 gigs of RAM (only 3 can be used due to me being on a 32 bit version of Windows 7), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, 1 terabyte hard drive. Would I be able to run 6 to 8 accounts if I enabled HDD page filing?

You should be able to. My computer is less powerful and I can run 4 no problem. Unfortunately, my issue is having all accounts stay connected in a game, due to crappy Vista networking, or an old router. I dunno...test this first before you decide to boost, or find someone to boost with and test connections with each other.

You should be able to. My computer is less powerful and I can run 4 no problem. Unfortunately, my issue is having all accounts stay connected in a game, due to crappy Vista networking, or an old router. I dunno...test this first before you decide to boost, or find someone to boost with and test connections with each other.

Well I can't even connect to live for some reason. When I got windows 7 I can't connect to live when I run my connection thru my router and when I directly connect my computer to my modem it says I have a strict firewall and can't host a match. I tried, enabling NAT, UPnP, and fowarding the ports recommended on the GfWL site. I also tried each individually and got the same results.

Well I can't even connect to live for some reason. When I got windows 7 I can't connect to live when I run my connection thru my router and when I directly connect my computer to my modem it says I have a strict firewall and can't host a match. I tried, enabling NAT, UPnP, and fowarding the ports recommended on the GfWL site. I also tried each individually and got the same results.

one the main ports I had recent problems with is udp 3074 try getting that open as for Win 7 worked fine for me

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

What are people getting with this method? I've got 3 AFK players and am only getting around 400 kills per hour with a sniper/hammer of dawn combo. This is a far cry from the possible 600 kills per hour SG-1 reported.

It's a great method, but anything to speed up this grind is something I welcome. :)

What are people getting with this method? I've got 3 AFK players and am only getting around 400 kills per hour with a sniper/hammer of dawn combo. This is a far cry from the possible 600 kills per hour SG-1 reported.

It's a great method, but anything to speed up this grind is something I welcome. :)

Lol 600 Kills per hour is possible just that you have yo be great with active reloads also I wasn't using the Hammer of Dawn Fehhh was with keyboard and mouse so he always had a higher kill count than me. My best was 605 his was 702. It is long and boring hence I suggested a lot of rest.

By the way you are also welcome to try other maps this was the easier I found with less movement, with if done right the perfect sweet spot so I rarely move except for ammo

Edited by Super Geek No1
edit

Lol 600 Kills per hour is possible just that you have yo be great with active reloads also I wasn't using the Hammer of Dawn Fehhh was with keyboard and mouse so he always had a higher kill count than me. My best was 605 his was 702. It is long and boring hence I suggested a lot of rest.

By the way you are also welcome to try other maps this was the easier I found with less movement, with if done right the perfect sweet spot so I rarely move except for ammo

My active reloads were perfect. However, my sample size wasn't very large and my calculations weren't perfect. My kill count wasn't increasing as quickly as I had hoped, but I'll do more of this in the coming weeks and see how it goes. I'm hoping I get upwards of 600 kills per hour as that'll make this a less-than-painful achievement.

I did find the sweet spot. I think your choice is the best map since both spawns are visible from one point. I can't think of another map that has that advantage.

I am running the different games just fine. But I keep losing the connections and I need 8 (or 6) xbox live accounts. Any way around needing accounts (I can always make some up) and tips to keep all 8 or 6 signed in at the same time? Maybe connect via a CAT 6 cable and not wireless?

Also do you need a downloadable copy of the game?

My processor could be a little slow for this, it's an AMD Phenom II X4 810 2.60 GHz. I have a buddy that has a Pentium 4 3.20 GHz but only 4 gigs of RAM. I could buy him a copy if I need to and let him run a few profiles.

The answers to your first post are answered in the guide on how to do this. Doesn't matter now if its a downloaded copy or retail. All will work and doesn't matter about wired or wireless since you're not connecting to anyone else.

How much memory your video card has is also a big factor, maybe more important than amount of RAM. My video card has 1 gb of memory and it could only run 4 copies in player matches, since 6 lagged out between matches. But it could run 6 for ranked.