I just don't get it

ACooper

How is it that so many people on Ultimate Team have such good squads? I honestly don't understand it. Personally, I have opened well over 100 packs (ALMOST ALL WITH COINS NOT POINTS) and the only time I have got anything decent is Aguero (after about 2 months) which is more than a lot of people get.

It took me months of tournaments and online matches to build my squad: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#i2ApX5L2bcq8d

and yet there are so many people with about 7 IF in their starting 11 and players of such calibre as Rooney and Dani Alves!

How do you lot do it as I am struggling to ever make a decent amount of coins and before you just say buying low and selling high that does not work at all as no one else sells low to start with. I have tried all manners of techniques I have collected over the internet like buying informs and waiting for their prices to increase but 9/10 they just simply don't. I even see posts made by people claiming they make 400k in a day through buying and selling.

Not to mention in a month updated players will be released so my squad will lose half its value and I will be down about 75k!

So please can someone tell me how they manage to do it and don't just say luck through packs.

How is it that so many people on Ultimate Team have such good squads? I honestly don't understand it. Personally, I have opened well over 100 packs (ALMOST ALL WITH COINS NOT POINTS) and the only time I have got anything decent is Aguero (after about 2 months) which is more than a lot of people get.

It took me months of tournaments and online matches to build my squad: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#i2ApX5L2bcq8d

and yet there are so many people with about 7 IF in their starting 11 and players of such calibre as Rooney and Dani Alves!

How do you lot do it as I am struggling to ever make a decent amount of coins and before you just say buying low and selling high that does not work at all as no one else sells low to start with. I have tried all manners of techniques I have collected over the internet like buying informs and waiting for their prices to increase but 9/10 they just simply don't. I even see posts made by people claiming they make 400k in a day through buying and selling.

Not to mention in a month updated players will be released so my squad will lose half its value and I will be down about 75k!

So please can someone tell me how they manage to do it and don't just say luck through packs.

People play the market making thousands/millions, buying low sell high or price fix players/cards. It's easier to make money when you have more of it. Buying packs is very bad for making money by the way, unless you are insanely rich in real life.

Plus with the TOTY coming out you should have prepared, I have sold all of my team in preparation and then I have the option in a few weeks to buy them all at a lower price with the possibility of making my squad even stronger.

People play the market making thousands/millions, buying low sell high or price fix players/cards. It's easier to make money when you have more of it. Buying packs is very bad for making money by the way, unless you are insanely rich in real life.

Plus with the TOTY coming out you should have prepared, I have sold all of my team in preparation and then I have the option in a few weeks to buy them all at a lower price with the possibility of making my squad even stronger.

So should I sell my squad now before prices drop even more so I can buy better players for cheaper when TOTY comes out or just keep my team for the next few months.

TBH though this is my first season with UT properly so I had no idea about the updates so had no time to prepare. It is so frustrating though as you put so much into it with very little return. I mean and IF player is completely luck based and I am 99% sure I will never get one in a pack and I would need at least another 70k for the 85m chievo. It wasn't until tonight when I realised most people with decent squads made them through trading as opposed to packs. I guess I will face the fact that I will never have a team significantly better than the one I have now so I'll have to wait until FIFA 13 because my team is only going to become a worse value. It's a f***ing joke tbh.

I've only been playing UT for maybe 3-4 weeks and it's definitely all about buying low and selling high on the market. I have around 130k coins and a few in form cards that I've all bought on the market.

If you are low on coins, I would recommend looking to buy shiny Brazilian silver cards for 250-300 and you can usually resell them for double that, or even more sometimes.

I've only been playing UT for maybe 3-4 weeks and it's definitely all about buying low and selling high on the market. I have around 130k coins and a few in form cards that I've all bought on the market.

If you are low on coins, I would recommend looking to buy shiny Brazilian silver cards for 250-300 and you can usually resell them for double that, or even more sometimes.

Did you start off with decent players or straight from scratch? Also can you give me any more tips?

I'm not sure of the exact ins and outs of this but didn't some people get some free packs and/or some free team of the week things with the games launch/pre-order?

This obviously explains some people amassing large amounts of coin very quickly. As someone above pointed out also luck plays a very large part in it. I've had the odd IF player here and there and a couple of good finds in packets (Walcott Silva etc) but other than that its been a case of a mixture of coin & MSP for me to get my squad (which isnt really that good..) and the 85mil club value which is now slowly decreasing as I farm all my players out to pastures new.

The wealthiest people on UT either had a lot of luck or they know the market very well. I mean, imagine you got a TOTW Messi in a pack which could be sold for around 2 mil coins.

Most times its knowing the market though. Some people simply know exactly when a playerc can be bought cheap and sold for a high price. Someone on my friends list currently has over 700k trade profit with 6 teams worth over 500k and 2 teams with only TOTW players.

If you want to be rich on UT, you either have to be really lucky once or learn about the market.

Lets not forget the hackers.

Out there, somewhere, are the players an coins that once graced my console. Though, now because of some sad guy they have been stolen and are amongst you.

I hope you are enjoying my players and coins, whoever you are.

Lets not forget the hackers.

Out there, somewhere, are the players an coins that once graced my console. Though, now because of some sad guy they have been stolen and are amongst you.

I hope you are enjoying my players and coins, whoever you are.

That is true, loads of people scam and hack, but you are a bit silly if you beleive these giveaways/scams with saying saying oh do you want this duplication glitch blah blah blah.

Edited by IXISHADOW

People who have a lot of money (I know some of them on this game, a lot more on the last game) spend a ridiculous amount of microsoft points. None of them really can play the market, not saying that some wealthy people cannot, but those with super teams in general just spend real $ and call it a day. Plus from what I have heard they buy their points illegally in some cases.

People who have a lot of money (I know some of them on this game, a lot more on the last game) spend a ridiculous amount of microsoft points. None of them really can play the market, not saying that some wealthy people cannot, but those with super teams in general just spend real $ and call it a day. Plus from what I have heard they buy their points illegally in some cases.

Yeah people buy points from a site called dhgate.com which sells 4200 MSP for like £6 which is quite strange...

Making money on the market isn't terribly hard really, buy low and sell high. If you know the current prices then you can easily spot a bargain. But a lot of people do buy with MSP. A very clever system really, pure profit for EA and MS.

Yeah people buy points from a site called dhgate.com which sells 4200 MSP for like £6 which is quite strange...

Yes but those points are bought with stolen CC info on stolen accounts.

Plus with the TOTY coming out you should have prepared, I have sold all of my team in preparation and then I have the option in a few weeks to buy them all at a lower price with the possibility of making my squad even stronger

What's the deal with the TOTY? Why would good players drop in price? I have a 4-1-2-1-2, 100 chemistry and 88 skill rated squad (Robben, Xavi, Cassilas, Pique, Villa and some IF players) but why would I sell those players in preparation of TOTY?

Yes but those points are bought with stolen CC info on stolen accounts.

What's the deal with the TOTY? Why would good players drop in price? I have a 4-1-2-1-2, 100 chemistry and 88 skill rated squad (Robben, Xavi, Cassilas, Pique, Villa and some IF players) but why would I sell those players in preparation of TOTY?

Yes I knew about the stolen CC info I just didn't type it.

First of all I don't care about your team, no need to boast about how good your team is. This quote is taken from someone who has a sticky about the TOTY.

'The market crash that comes with this is caused by two factors, people selling their teams in anticipation of the TOTY (floods the market) and an insane amount of packs being opened (also floods the market).'

Source: http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1255819.page

Yeah, the crash is 100% sure to happen. It happened last Sunday when there were 100k packs with all rare players. I invested all of my 700k during that 2-3 hours and now I have 1.4 million and still have some players left to sell. :)

Nice to see someone who knows what they are on about :). What players did you get by the way? Plus do you think it's worth spending 475k on TOTY on Monday?

Nice to see someone who knows what they are on about :). What players did you get by the way? Plus do you think it's worth spending 475k on TOTY on Monday?

I just want to thank you, I've been really going for the buy low sell high method with IF's and made roughly 60k profit in just under 2 days. And as I make more, I can make more profit at a higher rate. And for what its worth I wouldn't waste my money on the chance of getting a TOTY as it will be so unlikely to actually get one. I would instead take advantage of the market crash and get some cheap players

I just want to thank you, I've been really going for the buy low sell high method with IF's and made roughly 60k profit in just under 2 days. And as I make more, I can make more profit at a higher rate. And for what its worth I wouldn't waste my money on the chance of getting a TOTY as it will be so unlikely to actually get one. I would instead take advantage of the market crash and get some cheap players

No problem man, I'm happy to help, we all start somewhere right?

Also my coins have all came from selling my premier league team, I was planning on buying packs as my luck with IF players has been insane, sadly 4/5 of them were from MSP. It's like MSP increases luck or something. Now I'm not too sure, the players I had have dropped a little and I'm not sure whether they will drop much more. But there is always that thought in the back of my head that I could get someone crazy and be a millionaire for once haha.

That is true, loads of people scam and hack, but you are a bit silly if you beleive these giveaways/scams with saying saying oh do you want this duplication glitch blah blah blah.

I would never fall for a scam, it was my Xbox Live account that was hacked. My Ultimate team was gone and MS Points bought on my credit card.

I fired up my Xbox and got a console message saying i was last logged in on another console, if you ever see this message and you havent logged in at a friends console then check your FUT and cancel credit cards if you think MS points have been purchased, then call Microsoft.

I would never fall for a scam, it was my Xbox Live account that was hacked. My Ultimate team was gone and MS Points bought on my credit card.

I fired up my Xbox and got a console message saying i was last logged in on another console, if you ever see this message and you havent logged in at a friends console then check your FUT and cancel credit cards if you think MS points have been purchased, then call Microsoft.

I jumped to conclusions as this is how most people lose their teams, sorry to hear that man, hope you got your money back.