Go Go Power Rangers!

Rapture639

Anyone else kinda disappointed that this isn't based off of the original Power Rangers series? I only ever watched the original ones as a kid, and so it kinda surprised me that the series has been going with all these different versions over the last 15 or so years when I was checking it out on Netflix.

I suppose in Super Samurai, the Rangers/Villains are samurai based? Do they carry swords and stuff too? I wonder how that's gonna translate into a kinect-based game.

Edit: Oh and in case the thread title didn't already make people nostalgic about Power Rangers...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkRvn0pXTiw]Mighty Morphin Power Rangers season 1 opening 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Rapture639

I'm not the least bit disappointed it's not based on the original series, and yes the Rangers are Samurai based(which doesn't really make a lot of sense..but I won't get into that), the villains not so much, just your average gimmick monster of the day.

The gameplay is just you just swinging your arms left and right and your character is on a rail.

Edited by The Captain097
forgot a word :P

I'm not the least bit disappointed it's not based on the original series, and yes the Rangers are Samurai based(which doesn't really make a lot of sense..but I won't get into that), the villains not so much, just your average gimmick monster of the day.

The gameplay is just you just swinging your arms left and right and your character is a rail.

Do they still turn around and pose after defeating a monster while he explodes behind them (before he grows 100 feet tall)? lol that would be an awesome thing to do on Kinect after ever boss fight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Power Rangers isn't actually a 100% original show. It's based of Super Sentai, which is created in Japan. All the action scenes involving monster or the rangers in outfits are usually from the Super Sentai show, hence why sometimes the girl rangers have noticeable packages and non-existent breasts.

There was a game on PS2 (not sure what other systems) that had rangers from all the different seasons up to that point. It was actually a really fun game and you were able to unlock different rangers along the way. They should do another game like that featuring all the rangers. It could be massive and it'd definitely attract a wide audience.

• 4 months later...
Looks like it's going to be another epic fail just like the previous ones. If they are going to make a PR game they should stick to all the season upto and including Time Force. Everything after that is just not worth it.

This isn't a bad idea, but they probably don't need to include Lightspeed Rescue either. As I don't think it was near the level of the others that you are including.

There was a game on PS2 (not sure what other systems) that had rangers from all the different seasons up to that point. It was actually a really fun game and you were able to unlock different rangers along the way. They should do another game like that featuring all the rangers. It could be massive and it'd definitely attract a wide audience.

I think this is what people, especially the older fans, would like the most. Most important is to get rid of the kinect requirement. And I personally would be okay with having every season, not just to that point.