YiazmatXII

Is the price fair?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Is the price fair?

• This is a very fair price
    • This is a decent price
    • This is daylight robbery
    • I don't care

I'm starting this thread because I think it is damn right out of order to ask for £14.99 in UK!

It costs $19.99 in US, right? This equates to about £12.50!!!! Not to mention you can pick up a copy for half this price.

Also, for £14.99, I can get 2100 points, and buy better stuff!

Sorry Capcom, you have just lost a customer because of your selfish greed.

EDIT:

The reason for this is to point out that Capcom are isolating the poorer gamers.

Well done Capcom for making the Rich/Poor gap even bigger

Edited by YiazmatXII
edit

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol how anyone can complain at the price is beyond me, resi 4 was and is a seminal title easily worth a score seeing as a lot of people will dump 1200 points on an arcade title or dlc, this is a full retail release (cheev wise) worth every penny, cent, ms point, drop of blood, or slice of my soul

I'm a huge RE fan but I don't want to shed out £14.99 for it, especially when I could buy a few more titles that are on my list for cheaper. Maybe if the price goes down I will consider it, even 1,200 MS Points would be better, but until that time I will just pop my PS2 disk in if need be and be done with it.

i am my self a huge Resident evil 4 fan ( just finished pro at the weekend funny enough ) but however the price i think is a bit too high becuase i bought back my resident evil 4 for £5 and to say that i have to get it back at £15 is just a little to much to be fair, becuase i think that if they were to charge £10 for it i think that it would slience all these people and would be done with it

It's a very fair price, you are getting some great value. It depends upon what you are looking for, I would like the characters to look a bit better, but meh, I don't want the entire game messed with.

Compared to a Halo HD for forty bucks, this is great. They didn't need to touch the game, with Halo HD they did.

I guess I'm gonna buy this on PSN since it's half off if you're a Plus subscriber. I still feel like they're should be more Achievements/Trophies for a $20 game, though. Kinda disappointed on that aspect.

If there was a full 50, I'd feel a bit happier... At least there would be much more to physically achieve

I initially wanted both RE4 and Code Veronica but not at the price they have it at. I already own the whole gamecube collection of Resident Evil. Sure it would be nice to have Code Veronica in HD, but not at $20 for a 10 year old game. I was thinking they'd be around Perfect Dark's price, 800 points. Maybe 1200 at most. But $20 and a 4 GB download is a bit much.

I'd also rather have a physical copy of the game.

This is ridiculous. I mean, really?

$19.99 (what I paid for it since I'm American) is a totally fair price.

Things to consider about this:

A) You get a FULL game. This game was not small to begin with. Plus, it's an amazing story and a super fun experience.

B) How much money do you sink into nonsensical things like coffee, energy drinks, or sodas (at roughly 2 bucks a pop)

C) If you want to talk outrageous pricing, look at all the avatar items/weapon skins/character outfits that people shell out money hand over fist for. Those don't do anything except make something "look" cool. It serves no other real purpose.

In conclusion: You're going to spend money on so much other BS that in comparison paying 19.99 or 16.99 pounds (euros? Don't know, don't care) is a god damn steal for such an amazing experience that has tons of replay value.

The price was decided by capcom, yet from what I understand, this is considered a full retail game on xbl marketplace. Is $20.00usd not the bare minimum for full game downloads? Let's also not forget this includes all the bonus content not found in the original; not to mention it's one of the greatest classics of all time.

:woop:

I'll be the first to admit that Capcom is a selfish and greedy company, but this is a very fair price for this game. The amount of content you're getting and the quality of the game makes this a steal. Besides, it's only slightly more expensive than your average Arcade title.

Sure, you can get the game for cheaper if you go out and get a used version for the GameCube or PS2, but the same could be said for just about any older game that has an HD makeover on XBLA.

I'm starting this thread because I think it is damn right out of order to ask for £14.99 in UK!

It costs $19.99 in US, right? This equates to about £12.50!!!! Not to mention you can pick up a copy for half this price.

Also, for £14.99, I can get 2100 points, and buy better stuff!

Sorry Capcom, you have just lost a customer because of your selfish greed.

My god, is the OP feeling ok? if you dont want to buy this very cheap game then dont. go buy it for half price and play it on the older consoles. if not then go bitch and moan elsewhere.

My god, is the OP feeling ok? if you dont want to buy this very cheap game then dont. go buy it for half price and play it on the older consoles. if not then go bitch and moan elsewhere.

I totally agree. Coming from someone who has never played it, 20 dollars is an excellent price for this game. Granted, I'd have liked to have a disc version with cover art and the whole nine yards, but I'm not really complaining at 20.