Euro 2012 expansion pack revealed by ea!

ADZBOW

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/uefaeuro2012-expansion-02

Electronic Arts announced today that EA SPORTS™ will celebrate UEFA EURO 2012™ with the only officially licensed videogame of the 2012 European Football Championship, which begins June 8 in Poland and Ukraine.

UEFA EURO 2012™ will be available as an expansion pack to fans who own EA SPORTS FIFA 12 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. Available from 24 April for £15.99 (1,800 MS Points or 2,500 FIFA Points on PC), EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012 will recreate all the drama and excitement of the official tournament with all 53 UEFA member national teams, all eight official stadiums in the tournament, and all the pageantry and atmosphere of one of the largest and most-watched sporting events on the planet.

I cant wait for this!!!!!

So this is 1800 points for teams already in the game (don't think any are left out), a tournament you could set up yourself, and some new stadiums which make little difference as its just the back ground. How is this worth it?

I know it use to be released by disc so is cheaper. but for DLC this is steep. The world cup/euro games are usually in the bargain bucket by the time the tournament has finished.

Also the discs usually have the engine from the next game but this will just be playing on fifa 12 engine.

Would of been £35

8 new stadium, the minnows of Europe join the FIFA 12 party

£15.30 I think is pretty decent for a nice new add on of an exciting tournament, and you can use your virtual pro

Also I hardly used any national sides so it will be nice to play around with and least England can win something this summer

Have this sitting on my card since I got hacked and now on top of having to buy and play an unwanted game to restore my completion I have to buy and play a DLC. Fucking great.

Good for those who want the EURO game anyway, so you come off cheaper but for me it's a worst case scenario.

Fuck that!

So this is 1800 points for teams already in the game (don't think any are left out), a tournament you could set up yourself, and some new stadiums which make little difference as its just the back ground. How is this worth it?

I know it use to be released by disc so is cheaper. but for DLC this is steep. The world cup/euro games are usually in the bargain bucket by the time the tournament has finished.

Also the discs usually have the engine from the next game but this will just be playing on fifa 12 engine.

+1, exactly my thoughts on this.

£15.30 is miles better than paying £40.00 for a retail copy.

At face value Yes, but as DLC it can't be Sold on to someone else via eBay e.t.c giving it no resell value.

DLC = £15.30 - Non transferable, taking up space on your Hard Drive and with no resell Value. (-£15.30)

Game Disc = £30-£40 - Can be Sold for £25-£30 within a few weeks of release after you've got all the Achievements or got bored with the Game. (-£5 to -£10)

Not true. They usually use a different engine that is more action oriented / faster paced.

When either Euro 2008 was released there was an article somewhere about this.

My take on it is I would have bought the full Euro game because I always enjoy the world cup / euro games. To me this is a win. I get Euro for less than half the price. I don't care if its less than a full game - its still Euro.

Not true. They usually use a different engine that is more action oriented / faster paced.

When either Euro 2008 was released there was an article somewhere about this.

My take on it is I would have bought the full Euro game because I always enjoy the world cup / euro games. To me this is a win. I get Euro for less than half the price. I don't care if its less than a full game - its still Euro.

I wasn't too sure on this as I've played some of them and they always seemed worse than the next game however it was taken from Lee Bradleys article "Usually, the EURO and World Cup branded iterations of the FIFA series offered a disc-based glimpse at what to expect from the engine of the next full FIFA game." I may of misunderstood what he meant but that is how I took it.

What I'm trying to say is that yes it's a lot better than having to buy the latest game on disc as it's cheaper, but you can set up the teams yourself. A close resemblance for me would be instead of fifa 13 they say for 1800msp heres some dlc which updates all the teams by putting them in the correct leagues and their correct transfers. Yeah that's great as it's a lot cheaper than the buying fifa 13 but as a dlc is it worth it?

Hopefully they will adapt Ultimate Team in this, other wise it might be a waste of money.

You can buy most of the Euro 2012 players in ultimate team already, so they definately won't incorporate ultimate team in this. If they do, consider me trolled.

I swear that some other company had the rights to Euro 2012 and were going to release a video game. Now, I can't find anything in regards to this. =/ Searching "Euro 2012 video game" on wikipedia only brings back this EA add-on.

I would've preferred a stand-alone game.. and please... for all that is holy... don't add too many online-based achievements.

Hopefully they will adapt Ultimate Team in this, other wise it might be a waste of money.

How would they? Only thing I can think of, is featured tournys where you have to have a full squad of players from one of the competing teams

I swear that some other company had the rights to Euro 2012 and were going to release a video game. Now, I can't find anything in regards to this. =/ Searching "Euro 2012 video game" on wikipedia only brings back this EA add-on.

I heard that too