Keeping it fresh

thefearless1

The key to getting 100k+ is haveing alot of time and some money to blow. on my list i have all hard games well not all but deffinatly 85% hard games. I would have to say pick up games that look intersting such as halo cods arcade games and many of the great titles out there. I mean there is 7 cod games out there thats 7000 gs that i have achhieved minus cod 1 and BO intell and boring achievs then halo has 5 games or so that can be done. thats another 6000 gs... then you have all the free arcade games which idont care who you are they are free and worth getting.... thats about 1000 gs... Gears has 3 games thats 3,500 in estimation with another title hitting shelves that about 6,000 gs to look forward to. i have found it to be very fun to play games for trueachievements achievements worth because you might be playing a game worth 1000 gs but on ta the games difficulty might be worth 6,000 gs. But even though thats 21k you tacked on... Then you have those sp games I.E. alen wake bioshock deadrising and many more. This list can go on forever the many great games ourt there that are compleatable are endless.

just play games you like to play and play some games that take time and in a while you will see your score rise. there is no way to get 100k super fast without playing crud games......

No hurry, it's just if youre in the 200k+ club, I figure you're playing a LOT of bs. Theres 91 retail and arcade games that I have played and actually enjoy, if they were all 100% thats ~71k gs and theres maybe another 100 games that are out or coming out in the next couple of years, that'll get me up to 140k, if maxed. Just curious how ppl play that much without getting bored or are there more easy games out there than I think?

No hurry, it's just if youre in the 200k+ club, I figure you're playing a LOT of bs. Theres 91 retail and arcade games that I have played and actually enjoy, if they were all 100% thats ~71k gs and theres maybe another 100 games that are out or coming out in the next couple of years, that'll get me up to 140k, if maxed. Just curious how ppl play that much without getting bored or are there more easy games out there than I think?

You'd actually be surprised how fun some of the easy games can be. Just because they have 8 year olds as the target audience, doesn't mean that they suck (some do, but not all). And some of those easy game do throw a hard achievement or two at you, so you can still be proud to have 100%ed it. I think there are only 4 or 5 games that I played and didn't enjoy at all. Some just weren't worth what I paid for them.

And 505 guy, seriously, punctuation. It is a wonderful invention. I suggest you try it as opposed to having a paragraph be one long run on sentence.

Just don't rush through games, take you time, study the achievements and then play. Or you could just play a crap load of shitty games and get there quicker... but probably be a little disappointed. Try aiming to get at least 70-80% of each of your games completed, then move on to the next :) That is what I am doing currently, going through games I haven't finished off and trying to tidy the achievement list up a little.

Yeah, currently most of my games are in the 100-70% complete range, the other 15 or so are the, 'never got back to' games because I'm playing new stuff. Burnout Revenge is a prefect example. Beat it on the old xbox, figured I'd beat the 360 version, next thing you know the new 'flavor of the week' has my attention and now years later, its still not complete and I'll still get back to it, lol. From what you guys have seen, are the ppl that have 100s of k gs mostly playing crap?

You'd actually be surprised how fun some of the easy games can be. Just because they have 8 year olds as the target audience, doesn't mean that they suck (some do, but not all). And some of those easy game do throw a hard achievement or two at you, so you can still be proud to have 100%ed it. I think there are only 4 or 5 games that I played and didn't enjoy at all. Some just weren't worth what I paid for them.

And 505 guy, seriously, punctuation. It is a wonderful invention. I suggest you try it as opposed to having a paragraph be one long run on sentence.

Doug has it right. play some of those kiddie games!! they really arent that bad and change it up a bit so it keeps it fresh. i mean dont play them all but play a few. i played a bit during GSL and found a lot of them to be fun and a change so it kept it not so boring. TMNT is actually a really fun fast game. :D

Doug has it right. play some of those kiddie games!! they really arent that bad and change it up a bit so it keeps it fresh. i mean dont play them all but play a few. i played a bit during GSL and found a lot of them to be fun and a change so it kept it not so boring. TMNT is actually a really fun fast game. :D

Dammit, Deek! You named the one game that I have been looking for for months! I want my TMNT!

Other recommendations would be Up! Mini Ninjas and Wall-E. All fun, not too long or very hard.

The only thing I can add is to avoid whoring on sports games unless you actually like the sport. I don't like basketball, so as a result, NBA Live 08 was an excruciating chore. Madden wasn't bad, since I actually do watch football from time to time, though. In general, play the games you are interested, as opposed to the ones that just give you fast points (Terminator Salvation).

While my Gamerscore is not as high as most people's here, I do have some advice for you. Play games you actually like, because chances are you will go through the entire game and enjoy it, but if you play shitty games, you will want to stop, no matter how easy the achievements are (Besides Avatar).

Hahahahha. Its funny Capn Doug you mentioned Terminator Salation, I actually thought it wasnt that bad of a game, kinda like I thought the movie wasnt that bad, as for those other games, I've done my share of whoring to catch my buddies. Anyway. Avatar has turned into a urban legend of easy, every system should come with 1000gs from that game. Its legend has become viral like one of those developer achievement, 'beat avatar or someone who has', all my buddies had it in their lists and the first thing they said when I asked about it was, 'man, that shits the easiest points ever, you should play it'. My main goal with this new system was to at least catch my buddies gs(30-40k) because I wasnt really playing it like they were from release day, now that I have, I can go back to 'regular' playing, just the stuff I know I'd play but those k clubs are crazy.