Update!!!

bleeap

THQ and Kaos Studios have been completely taken by surprise as to how fast Homefront has sold since release. With such rapid sales of the game, its servers just couldn't handle the huge demand for multiplayer carnage! It was announced last week that besides extra servers being put to work, a patch was also in the works to hopefully resolve some of the other known issues relating to the online mulitplayer side of the game.

The incoming title update will address Profile Corruption (a.k.a. the 'Freeze' bug), Leaderboard, Matchmaking and Stats issues. Here are the details:

Update 1: Xbox 360 Critical Title Update

- Scheduled for Microsoft Submission in the next day or two

- Fixing the Xbox Live Profile Corruption ‘Freeze’ Issue

- Fix for players being matched in distant server locations

HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!

Update 2: Additional Game Issues Fixes

- Xbox 360 will submit as soon as Update 1 is released live.

- Fixes include:

- Multiplayer Freezing (affecting X360 & PS3)

- Experience and Statistics Resets (affecting X360 & PS3)

- Improving Party Matchmaking & Joining with Friends (affecting X360 & PS3)

- Fixing the Beacon Error (affecting X360 only)

- Correcting inconsistent Leaderboards data (affecting X360 & PS3)

The update will be submitted to Microsoft within "the next day or two", so hopefully the patch will be available very shortly.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n3349/homefront-patch-details.htm

This is the site I got it from...

Edited by bleeap

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe for update 3

- HARDCORE MODES!

I don't know about you guys, but I am sick of pumping a half clip into someone only to have them turn around and pop me once. It's the only type of mode I want that COD has.

yea true, but even in CoD that how Hardcore Mode was unload half a clip, then they just shoot you twice lol.. fun times! lol

yea true, but even in CoD that how Hardcore Mode was unload half a clip, then they just shoot you twice lol.. fun times! lol

Yeah but this is terrible ha ha. There are a few things I'd like to see in the MP that other games have. I just started online(level 14) and I really don't see how I should be competing against level 65s and up. No shit my SCAR isn't tearing them up ha ha but I still like it, not nearly as much camping as in COD

Yeah but this is terrible ha ha. There are a few things I'd like to see in the MP that other games have. I just started online(level 14) and I really don't see how I should be competing against level 65s and up. No shit my SCAR isn't tearing them up ha ha but I still like it, not nearly as much camping as in COD

I havent used the SCAR but thats only cuz of the lag.

Maybe for update 3

- HARDCORE MODES!

I don't know about you guys, but I am sick of pumping a half clip into someone only to have them turn around and pop me once. It's the only type of mode I want that COD has.

Then you might be glad to know that they're considering it. I'll update this with the specific tweet when I find it.

@KAOS_CHEFS

Working on updates, but wanted to let you know I'm passing along gameplay & DLC feedback to the MP team (tactical controls, Hardcore, etc.)

22 hours ago

Edited by i NatrlKilla i

maybe for update 3

- hardcore modes!

I don't know about you guys, but i am sick of pumping a half clip into someone only to have them turn around and pop me once. It's the only type of mode i want that cod has.

i totally fucking agree!!!!!! Hopefully without the damn respawn time

THQ and Kaos Studios have been completely taken by surprise as to how fast Homefront has sold since release. With such rapid sales of the game, its servers just couldn't handle the huge demand for multiplayer carnage! It was announced last week that besides extra servers being put to work, a patch was also in the works to hopefully resolve some of the other known issues relating to the online mulitplayer side of the game....

they are going to be completly taken by surprise by the mass exodus from this game if they don't fix it quick.

they are going to be completly taken by surprise by the mass exodus from this game if they don't fix it quick.

Too true. I'm on my way back to BFBC2 after hearing some friends having an awesome time last night. Rather play something I was good at and has rarely any problems, than something I get raped by level 75's in.

Atm I'm lvl 45, I believe? Have a 2.4 ratio, and enjoy sniping, but that isn't enough to keep me going. I don't think I'll even go for the level 50 achievement. Maybe...

Plus I realize if I keep playing how long before I get tired of GC & GC BC. That's all I play, TDM in these type of games are somewhat boring. I played it from time to time in BFBC2, but that was more to do weapon challenges/level/ out of boredom than anything else. Anyways, see you all in another life :D

Edited by 13ip0lar

Maybe for update 3

- HARDCORE MODES!

I'm not sure a hardcore mode is needed. There's nothing hardcore about pray and spray, no aim, hiding in a corner waitting for some fool to walk by gaming in my opinion. I haven't experienced a hole lot of the "hit detection" lag issues people have been experiencing. Guess I'm lucky.

One good thing about "hardcore" modes is they usually attract the types of gamers I don't want to play against nor have on my team. To each their own I guess.

Maybe for update 3

- HARDCORE MODES!

I agree with others. Hardcore mode is not needed in this game, mainly due to the size of the maps. I guarantee you will all rage when people start sniping. One shot kill from across the map. At least now, you can take cover, regenerate your health, sprint to the next cover, etc. With hardcore, forget about it.

In addition, you will see a ton more campers as everyone tries to rack up battlepoints to call in their slots or vehicles.

I played hardcore in CoD4, MW2, and BFBC2, and it was fine in those games (except when there are too many snipers in BFBC2). I despise hardcore in CoD:BO due to stupid hit detection. I think Battle Commander is the equivalent of hardcore mode in this game. You do too good, and the AI calls you out.

I agree with others. Hardcore mode is not needed in this game, mainly due to the size of the maps. I guarantee you will all rage when people start sniping. One shot kill from across the map. At least now, you can take cover, regenerate your health, sprint to the next cover, etc. With hardcore, forget about it.

In addition, you will see a ton more campers as everyone tries to rack up battlepoints to call in their slots or vehicles.

I played hardcore in CoD4, MW2, and BFBC2, and it was fine in those games (except when there are too many snipers in BFBC2). I despise hardcore in CoD:BO due to stupid hit detection. I think Battle Commander is the equivalent of hardcore mode in this game. You do too good, and the AI calls you out.

wanted to add a point. Keep in mind these are 32 person lobbies. With this size lobby you cannot afford to have 20 different playlists, or it will take forever to fill a lobby and find a match. Just something to keep in mind.

wanted to add a point. Keep in mind these are 32 person lobbies. With this size lobby you cannot afford to have 20 different playlists, or it will take forever to fill a lobby and find a match. Just something to keep in mind.

That's why they should make gametypes that take less than 32 people. Not all maps even ALLOW 32 people. Some only allow 16. There's lots of possibilities, don't shoot them all down yet.

That's why they should make gametypes that take less than 32 people. Not all maps even ALLOW 32 people. Some only allow 16. There's lots of possibilities, don't shoot them all down yet.

agree and disagree. I love the idea of having smaller playlists (12-16) people, and I do agree some maps are better for a smaller playlist. THe problem is I dont think there are enough of these smaller maps. Essentially you would be playing the same 2-3 small maps over and over again. If there were 2-3 more small maps, then I would absotely agree with you, and I would also love to more 12-16 person playlists.