Nine Men's Morris Made Easy *GUIDE*

Ctrl Alt Defeat

This was only game I needed for 'Original Gamer' so I was getting frustrated.

This seems to work most of the time, I've played the computer five times and won all five times.

1) Go to: http://merrelles.com/English.html or Google 'Nine Mens morris web game.' (1st Link)

2) Start Nine Men's Morris in AC3. Choose to go second.

3) On the flash game, choose the 'VII' difficulty, which should be smarter than the AI in AC3.

4) The moves that the AI makes on AC3 board will be the moves YOU play on the web game's board. So when the AI on the web game board moves, YOU will move your pieces on the AC3 board the exact way the AI on the web game board did, giving you the advantage.

In even simpler terms: Every move AC3 AI makes, (WHITE always moves first) YOU MOVE on the web game board using BLUE. Then whatever move the web game's AI makes on the web game board using RED, YOU move on the AC3 board using BLACK. Giving you the perfect counter.

If you have any questions please ask them, for I suck at explaining things like this.

Hope this helps. If you guys have any ideas on how the explanation could be clearer, let me know.

Edited by Ctrl Alt Defeat

The link doesn't work, it redirects me to: http://securesignupoffers.org/d/

(i live in the Netherlands, I use chrome)

whata the problem??

Only one time the site loaded, but then it crashed

please help me out, i need to win 500$ to get 100% for the thieves missions

and the other link works but the computer is a assholl, because only on my 30th try it workded

Awesome! I haven't used this yet but I definitely will. The main reason I'm posting here right now though is that after finding this topic, I found a topic over on ps3trophies.org where member dawngalneryus posted a link to a java based Fanorona game which can be used in the same manner as you used the Nine Mens Morris game and I wanted to share the link to that since Fanorona seems to be the hardest game to win. Link is at bottom of post but I recommend reading what I've written as it explains how to setup the game correctly.

There is a bit of setup you have to go through before you play the game so I'd like to explain that before posting the link, you'll understand everything that I'm about to say once you're looking at the game.

First: go to "level" and check "Three-ply fixed depth search" and click "OK".

Second: go to "options" and make sure that human plays white pieces, computer plays black, white pieces start at top of board, white moves first, check algebraic notation, long move log format, and multiple captures on first move ok.

In the computer game, you move the white pieces which will be Achilles in AC3. Make sure he goes first on your xbox and then copy every move he makes on the computer version. Early on, it's hard to tell exactly what moves the computer is making and it moves almost instantly so you'll want to check the move log, I'll explain how the move log works in the next paragraph.

The way the move log interprets the game board is that the horizontal row is alphabetical, A through I, and the vertical row is numerical, 1-5. It may seem hard to read at first but it's very simple. The move log explains where the piece started, then where it moved to, then what pieces it took. Each line is that exact series of events so if you see multiple lines under white or black, each line was a different move in a combo. An example of a move would be a1-a2 x a3, a4, a5. In that example, I moved the piece at a1 (the bottom left corner) to a2 (up one) which took out the pieces on a3,4, and 5.

To move your pieces in the game, click and drag the piece you want to move unto the piece you wish to take even if you'll be moving away from that piece as the game understands that you can't move towards a piece that you're right next to, so it will know to move you away and take the piece that you were trying to take.

Finally, here is the link to the game: http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/180a/projects/fanorona/

And because I like to give credit where credit is due, here is the link to the ps3trophies page where dawngalneryus first posted this: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/assassins-creed-iii/177959-fanorona-expert-easy-win-method.html

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Alright, stupid question, probably, but I can't get it to run on that website since every browser in existence is blocking java now and I can't figure out how to unblock it.

That program that you linked, Khaiden, I can download and work, though, but how does that help me? When I play that it's the same as in ACIII: I block the computer, the computer blocks me, finally we're both locked but I can't seem to move my pieces cleverly and the computer destroys me. I've watched countless videos where, apparently, they always win because the computer makes a mistake. When I play, the computer never makes a mistake.

Any pointers?

Edit: whoa, just realized how late I'm now, but I came back to the game and would like to 100% it. Would hate it if these stupid minigames would be my downfall, hate it when they put this sort of thing in.

Edited by BullZeye