Total Bullshit....

xTGMx INF3RNO

I hate to see you play the flatline levels, though i will admit seeing a video to how the level is being done especially could really give an idea and makes it easier (for me, atleast since im used to the physics of the game alot now)

The part where you come go down and then you get launched up and far and land on another pipe was the most annoying thing for me :/ Cuz I was still in the air while hitting the 2nd boost, so I flipped backwards >.<

About the 4 pipes: if you go fast enough you hit like 1 or 2.

Some of the tracks just want you throw the controller in the TV, due to what seems to be uncontrolled mechanics/physics. But, as mentioned, it is (prob) not luck based.

Also, for whatever reason, some landings after a jump will result in a crash, allthough you land identical everytime.

These are a mixture of skill and luck, but mostly skill, you do have to "land" on the water jets a particular way so that you are not totally out of control, having said that you can mess it up and still get a decent landing. So the luck can work both ways.

there is an element of luck to the game i will admit that (like did you hit the stick at the exact nanosecond required, no, well you ain't making that ridiculous jump then, do the level like the noobs do....

and also occasionally when the bike just blows up on landing, but thats been there since HD, maybe before

but everything is based on rider position & speed, if they are not spot on, you've fucked the section up, start again, hence why i'm 12 seconds slower than #1 on a track that took me 38 seconds (truth is out there - flatliner)

the flow of the tracks is one thing you need to learn, but it sounds like you need to learn the majority of the game...i wasn't much different myself, like i didn't know how to do a moving bunny hop properly (required for the wreck) had to watch vids, now i can do them....but there is also the fact you can over jump, and lose all your momentum

as everyone has already said, this game is highly skill based, but mostly track knowledge 75% knowing the lines of the track, 25% skill to be able to do those lines

occasionally you will see a replay where they also had luck on their side (like the guys who ride on the rear mud guard somehow)

watch guys doing ninja runs on shit, you'll realise just how bad we normal players are (in comparison)

i think i know the exact jet that is fucking you up, i had a long time where i either landed in the 2nd pipe from the jump, or i made it past those 3, and the one that fires you up the ramp just flipped my upside down, constantly...unfortunately, i aint been on that track in ages so i cant' give any hints

it was mind bender that pissed me off, i hate changeable physics - by that i mean the direction of gravity, or whatever the fuck is constantly interfering with you on that track

The sewage plant level is definitely one of the more frustrating in the game. My friends and I have been going back and forth on times for a week now. None of us WANT to play it anymore but someone keeps setting a new best time and the others can't help but torture ourselves by trying to beat it. I managed to platinum it a couple of days ago so hopefully that will stand for a while.

So far, for me, the most frustrating moment of this game has been finishing Gigatrack with only 2 faults in 7:55.192. Gold on that one is less than 6 faults in 7:55. That run was definitely followed by a rage quit. I ended up getting it a couple of days later but platinum on that one seems out of reach.

• 1 month later...
i tried them both the first 75% is easy the final bit where there are 4 in a row as i get there i always land in the gap i cant control it which is why im pissed its the water pushing me there!

EDIT: I dont even have a phoenix

My tip for this bit would be, After you are forced to flip just before the bit with four water shoots in a row SLOW DOWN on the platform before and then as you get close to the 2 water jets that fire you up to the 4 in a row GUN IT I do this and clear the 4 of them almost every time.......

As people have said this game isn't luck based it just needs practice I hated this track but after a while I found a good flow and hey presto I got a run of 31.??? seconds (inside the top 1000 anyway)

Just keep practicing