What is this?

RexDarr

It is Sims 3 for the new Windows Phone 7. It releases October 21st in Europe and November 8th in the States. Phone games work similar to arcade games. 12 for 200.

and it has achievements? weird, but if its somehow connected to windows i guess you can transfer them somehow

and it has achievements? weird, but if its somehow connected to windows i guess you can transfer them somehow

Yeah the new windows phones have a built in xbox live hub. where you can sign into your account and play games. there will be nearly 50 featuring achievements at launch. it will be very similar to Games for Windows Live. Personally i ordered my phone last weekend very much looking forward to this device.

Yeah the new windows phones have a built in xbox live hub. where you can sign into your account and play games. there will be nearly 50 featuring achievements at launch. it will be very similar to Games for Windows Live. Personally i ordered my phone last weekend very much looking forward to this device.

sounds cool, but i doubt they will have many good games, but i hope im proven wrong, for your sake :)

One of my co-workers had the Sims 3 iPod download, she said it was horrible. There was a lot of lag between loading screens and even when you went in to the buying mode. I'm excited for Sims 3 for the 360 tho.

Sims 3 screwed up my old laptop (kept freezing and stuff).

sounds cool, but i doubt they will have many good games, but i hope im proven wrong, for your sake :)

The games are just a bonus. I' ve been holding out on getting a new phone since they announced WP7. whether or not the games are great. the zune player will be worth while and the OS is much improved over the Win 6.5 I have now. The achievements are a bonus. hopefully the games will be better than those offered on iphone and android but for now most of them are ports. Microsoft is dumping a ton of money into this product and the quality is shining through. It will be tough to gain ground on the install bases of the iphone and droid. Then again no one thought the original xbox could compete with the gamecube or the PS2 either.

The games are just a bonus. I' ve been holding out on getting a new phone since they announced WP7. whether or not the games are great. the zune player will be worth while and the OS is much improved over the Win 6.5 I have now. The achievements are a bonus. hopefully the games will be better than those offered on iphone and android but for now most of them are ports. Microsoft is dumping a ton of money into this product and the quality is shining through. It will be tough to gain ground on the install bases of the iphone and droid. Then again no one thought the original xbox could compete with the gamecube or the PS2 either.

Thats exactly why i wasn't too sure about the games, because i heard that they're trying to perfect this thing, and well usually when companies make something good, they neglect the games, and it takes them time to realise what they can do with them, but i guess that time is over and they're starting off with good games already :D

• 8 months later...

Fast forward 6 months:

I also was waiting to get a wp7 when I 1st heard about them. I wasn't eligible for an upgrade until a month ago. By then my mobile carrier (Sprint) had only recently started making their WP7 available. So I jumped at the chance to upgrade last month.

The phone, HTC Arrive, is very sharp and much better quality than my Palm Pre garbage.

I've downloaded a handful of games on my HTC. Most run smoothly with only rare freeze-ups (only twice in a month with serious gaming hours spent).

Most of the games are fairly addictive, quick to play, arcade-style. The achievements are doable. I'm glad I got the WP7.

I just started playing Sims 3 on my Xbox console & am enjoying it. So I figured I would try the Sims 3 on my HTC, as well.

• 2 years later...