Hook and Run

AHSUM38

As one of the thief challenges, you have to perform a "hook and run" 15 times. I thought it was spoken for as it was applied to running past a guard and pressing B to hook him and then continue running. This is obviously not how you do it and I'm confused as to what this pertains to. I'm currently 0 out of 15 times on this particular challenge and have spent over 24 hours in session, so I'm clueless. Anyone have a thoughts?

As one of the thief challenges, you have to perform a "hook and run" 15 times. I thought it was spoken for as it was applied to running past a guard and pressing B to hook him and then continue running. This is obviously not how you do it and I'm confused as to what this pertains to. I'm currently 0 out of 15 times on this particular challenge and have spent over 24 hours in session, so I'm clueless. Anyone have a thoughts?

Pressing B as you run past a guard performs the "Hook and Throw". To do the "Hook and Run" required for this challenge, you must hold :bbut: and not just press it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I fought 4 guards left one alive... just run at guard and press B.

I did this on the same guard 15x

Rinse and repeat

Very easy:woop:

after reading this, i literally just ran up to a group of 4 guards, and perfomed a hook and run on him, and just danced around these 4 guards (the ones who block like every one of your moves) and just performed all 0-15 within a minute or so. super easy, thanks to everyone for the info on how its done(:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's useful if you're not wanting to stay and fight, and just want to run away. Especially compared to earlier games where they would block your escape route and knock you down as you run past them. It's much easier now.

I'm certain, but it seems to me that after I slip trough the blockade, my other pursuers were slowed down trying to get through those who intended to stop me. :woop: