FUT GK Advise

Totally Dubbed

Hey guys,

I currently have Steve Mandanda in goal - and really love his saves so far, although sometimes he does let in some easy goals. I bought him for only 3,500 coins.

My question is, should I save up for IF Mandanda @ around 70k or Lloris @ around 65k

What are your opinions?

Should I buy either of the two keepers, and/or not buy any keeper?

I currently have around 15k coins, and it will take a while to save up.

I have a fully French sided team - which has quite a lot of players in the PL.

Here's a link to my squad:

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#fk49ixZxUvt:360

And two videos:

1. My squad:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaIZdvjdxec]Building an excellent under 100k Coins Squad In Fifa 13 Ultimate Team - By Totallydubbed - YouTube[/ame]

2. Mandanda 90 minute goal from a corner:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceq0F6ekI-Y&list=UUv_M5oCv15iDI5rMpK5gFZQ&index=3]Unbelievable Jeff! An Epic Fifa 13 FUT Comeback - By Totallydubbed - YouTube[/ame]

I'm also thinking of selling Nasri for 20k as he is over-rated.

Edited by Totally Dubbed

Ive only used one French keeper and thats Frey. So cant give any advice on the two you have mentioned. However the two reasonably expensive keepers ive used (Buffon and IF Akinfeev) have both been rubbish.

Id improve other aspects of your team rather than spending the money on a keeper.

I have Frey too - but he sucks in comparison to Mandanda.

As for what you said - I have basically maxed out my French team (I'm missing possibly Ibra and Ribery - but they cost 600k each) - I also disagree about the comment about the goalie - I find the goalie is the MOST important player in your squad. As that's the ONLY player you can't fully control - thus you want to have him maxed out vs everyone else on the pitch.

Put it this way:

When I make my purchase my goalie will be the most expensive player on my team - and there's reasons for it :)!

The answer, my friend, is get Joe Hart. He was around 26-30k one month ago. Pretty much the best keeper I had, has great reflexes. Sometimes he doesn't catch the ball and punches it instead, but overall he was great for me. (My keeper rating from those I tried: Neuer>Hart>Casillas>Cech>Buffon>Mandanda) And he fits your time nicely as your defence play in the prem.

The answer, my friend, is get Joe Hart. He was around 26-30k one month ago. Pretty much the best keeper I had, has great reflexes. Sometimes he doesn't catch the ball and punches it instead, but overall he was great for me. (My keeper rating from those I tried: Neuer>Hart>Casillas>Cech>Buffon>Mandanda) And he fits your time nicely as your defence play in the prem.

Yeah I did think of that - but I would prefer french.

Good shout though.

I think I'll go for hart, if I don't like IF Mand

EDIT:

Have updated my Squad since:

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#fk49ixZxUvt:360

i would personally go for lloris, ive tried near on every single keeper in the game and i would say that the 2 who have played best for me are lloris and neur.

but its really difficult to choose a keeper because they play differently for every1, loads of people recomend joe hart but he plays awful for me personally.

my best advice would be to try them both and see how they do

i would personally go for lloris, ive tried near on every single keeper in the game and i would say that the 2 who have played best for me are lloris and neur.

but its really difficult to choose a keeper because they play differently for every1, loads of people recomend joe hart but he plays awful for me personally.

my best advice would be to try them both and see how they do

Cool beans - thanks for the input!

Thing I have realised when playing AGAINST lloris is the fact that he doesn't SAVE the ball, but like De Gea in real life, parries the ball - and that usually goes straight to the opponent (me in that case)

I agree with Alabastermatt. Try out some keepers and see how they perform for you. It seems that keepers perform very differently for people. A lot of people find Buffon amazing, but when playing for my team he conceded pathetic shots that probably I would have saved...

The only keeper that works consistently for everyone seems to be Neuer, but that is no option for you of course...

Some people love Mandanda, others hate him. If he works for you, you might just stick with him. When I had him he was often a little too short for some shots. But definitely give Hart a try as he works with your team from a chemistry point of view. And if you don't like him just get rid of him again, you will be able to sell him with little to no loss.

Was playing Seasons, and won a game with an epic comeback.

BUT if it wasn't for Mandanda, my noob team (they were having a bad day) would have been worse for wear.

Incredible saves to keep me in the game.

Can't wait to get him IN FORM !

I have gathered 63k now - from winning division 1 titles and staying in the division.

In around 10 games, I shall start looking seriously in buying him.

I think the going rate is around 65k with the correct formation.

He can be found at around 59-63k too - but those are very rare to see.

I don't intend to pay more than 70k for him.

Here's the video of my comeback:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRUQ-G187U0]Epic comeback in Fifa 13 Ultimate Team - Online Seasons Division 1 - By Totallydubbed - YouTube[/ame]

Simple answer is it makes no difference what keeper you have,I've had Hart,Lorris,Buffon etc and in games they couldn't stop anything and in other games they are super and save everything.

I've also played teams with a rubbish rated keeper and had 30 shots on target and he saves everything and gets a 10 rating.Its all down to the AI and you have no control over saves so just pick a keeper you like because it really makes no difference.

Simple answer is it makes no difference what keeper you have,I've had Hart,Lorris,Buffon etc and in games they couldn't stop anything and in other games they are super and save everything.

I've also played teams with a rubbish rated keeper and had 30 shots on target and he saves everything and gets a 10 rating.Its all down to the AI and you have no control over saves so just pick a keeper you like because it really makes no difference.

well that's the thing - that's why I don't mind spending quite a large sum of coins for one.

I've JUST bought IF MANDANDA - nothing special so far.

Cost me 71k (had to get formation change):

4.5k + 66.5k = 71k

EDIT: Daym - an IF Mand just didn't sell for 63.5k - I lost 3k on that :(

He let in two goals already, but with that said - they were within the penalty box - don't think he is superman...not yet :p

well that's the thing - that's why I don't mind spending quite a large sum of coins for one.

I've JUST bought IF MANDANDA - nothing special so far.

Cost me 71k (had to get formation change):

4.5k + 66.5k = 71k

EDIT: Daym - an IF Mand just didn't sell for 63.5k - I lost 3k on that :(

He let in two goals already, but with that said - they were within the penalty box - don't think he is superman...not yet :p

Glad you got the player you wanted but you do know IF players are just an EA con to make you buy packs,they really are just the same player in a lovely black background lol.

Some programmer showed on EA forums that the players stats are already loaded into the game and to change them you would have to rewrite the software.Ive had them and if anyone can tell the difference then they must have some eyesight because I can't so I believe the guy on the forums,plus EA removed his post very quickly so that tells me it's true.

They do look good though lol.

Well..IF MAND is back on sale lol

He let in too many goals for me to justify his price...I'm pretty sure Lloris will disappoint too :/

EDIT:

Bought him for 71k

Sold him for 74K (that was quick!)

And lost around 3.8k in sales tax from gay EA.

So made hardly a loss

EDIT2:

Bought Lloris for 65k - will be testing him out now

EDIT3:

UTTERLY USELESS - He let in almost every single shot on goal, no matter the distance.

I'm sticking to normal Mandanda, and going to boost the 85M club achievement.

Unbelievable.

Wasted a good 6k doing this, and quite a few losses.

Edited by Totally Dubbed

So give Hart a try ;)

I won't have any more money after doing the 85M achievement.

I wouldn't mind giving him a try, but Mandanda is a beast.

I played a few games after selling Lloris (he sold really quickly as well), and he barely let any shots in - incredible saves, whilst my defence was being retarded.

I can't stop saying: "mandanda you beepin legend, I love you" lol

Ive only used one French keeper and thats Frey. So cant give any advice on the two you have mentioned. However the two reasonably expensive keepers ive used (Buffon and IF Akinfeev) have both been rubbish.

Id improve other aspects of your team rather than spending the money on a keeper.

I did say...

Expensive keepers are a waste of time. Ive had bronze keepers do better than 87 rated ones. Ive played against people using Casillas and hes made numerous mistakes. I payed 1800 for Wiese and hes been brilliant. You can get him now for under 1k. Bloody bargain.

I did say...

Expensive keepers are a waste of time. Ive had bronze keepers do better than 87 rated ones. Ive played against people using Casillas and hes made numerous mistakes. I payed 1800 for Wiese and hes been brilliant. You can get him now for under 1k. Bloody bargain.

hehe depends on each individual, as others pointed out.

I was playing with a fully bronze team and my keeper was supposedly the best french bronze keeper - my god did he let some stupid goals in.

I subbed him for another lower down bronze french keeper, and he is like the mandanda of bronze teams haha

Anyway cheers anyway guys!

Been extremely happy with Mandanda's performance in game, and after putting him back "le capitaine" is BACK!

• 3 weeks later...

Neuer is by far the best, in 1v1s he usually saves the shot so don't hold Y to bring him out.

Second best is probably Petr Cech. He is way better than Hart who I have used the most.

Neuer>Cech>Hart>De Gea>Buffon>Sczcezny

De Gea and Sczcezny are the two cheap ones but wow they are good. Sczcezny is 6'6 and De Gea 6'5/4 and both make unbelieavable saves.

Buffon isn't worth the price with the mistakes he made.