Food(s) You Dislike...

Nozza

I was just talking to people in the office about foods they dislike and it got me wondering what everyone else feels about certain foods.

Personally there's only one thing I'm not keen on but that is not because of taste but due to its texture and that is a dumpling. Other than that, I pretty much eat anything. There's a few things in my life I'm yet to try like oysters, but I'll get to that one day.

I'm also one of those guys who hates fussy people when food is involved. When people won't try something like fish yet they've NEVER even tried it. I love eating and trying everything. It adds something to life to say you eat a variety of things and the tastes are great. Personally being boring and eating the same old bland food is just lame ;)

So... What foods don't you guys like?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Egg salad. Absolutely cannot stand having anything like that at all.

Spam. Tastes really nasty and i've tried it on more than one occasion and it's never good.

I guess that's pretty much all i can think of right now. I'm not to fussy and am the same as you Nozza. Both of my brothers are kind of picky on what they eat, but generally i like most food.

Broccoli and sprouts.. like seriously, how can anyone like this stuff? Also, I hate seafood. Nozza, if you like seafood; muscles, lobsters and stuff like that the chances are you'll enjoy oysters, but personally its not in tune with my tastebuds.

Sprouts as amazing, lol.

Yeah I like all that selfish, especially mussels! I've just never come across oysters before or I'd rather not spend the money at a restaurant and then not like them.

Hopefully they'll just pop up at a party or something at one point, so i can try one with having to worry.

Sweet Potatoe, tried it recently and really didn't like it. Was tempted to say all veg as I've avoided them since childhood but as I've got older I've found that foods I used to dislike I now love. I now eat veg more than I ever did but still have a mental block to eating some of them. my mum wasn't the best cook and most veg served to me growing up were nothing more than tasteless mush.

Sweet Potatoe, tried it recently and really didn't like it.

No... Sweet Potato Mash is the best!!!

Corn... yuck... :(

Anything "Vegan", but really, that's not food anyway... freaks.

Coconut (shudders)

Pretty much anything green.

Whole wheat bread... it's just dirt you know.

Pineapple (where's the vomit smiley)

Aww man, Corn is my favourite veg! I can understand the Coconut but Pineapple. Soo juicy!

Cant stand... wait for it.... chocolate. I know Im weird.

Kit kats are just about the limit I can go.

So sickly, milky and sweet euuuurgh.

I've known this of you for a while and I still find it strange.

Fried Pickles. Cant stand them. Other then that I don't really like pasta or those types of salads that have pasta and all that stuff in it : /

Where do you get Fried Pickles from? I've never had them in the UK. Pasta is one of my favourite dishes. I can't go without that!

This is all very interesting :p

Fried egg white for some reason. I can eat the yolk fine, and can have a breakfast bap or something similar with fried egg in no problem, but fried egg white on it's own I can't stand. Think it's just the texture more than anything. Bit strange, but meh.

I hate runny eggs, *shivers* I don't know why.. I love scrambled and fried eggs though.

I prefer wholemeal over white bread, I find it has more taste to it.

Peanut butter. I love peanuts. But can't eat peanut butter.

I love tomatoes and hate tomato sauce. Its weird, maybe I just don't like the stuff they add to it? and same with peanut butter I suppose.

Also fried pumpkin almost makes me... Wont explain, but when its cooked in water boiled or w/e I can eat it fine.

O.o

Damn you, now I feel weird after reading my post xD

Edit:

Chocolate ice cream I can't eat. I like chocolate bars and stuff. weird.

Love corn. I can eat that stuff frozen. :p

Edited by Skilled

Cant stand... wait for it.... chocolate. I know Im weird.

My heart goes out to you, that's one of my weaknesses. I can't get enough, I crave it so much I've been asked if I'm pregnant, as if the beard wasn't enough of a clue. Try 70% or higher dark chocolate then, not as sweet more bitter. Goes great with a nice red wine.

I'll generally try anything I can get my teeth on and have mostly a cast iron stomach but after some experience there's a short list of things I can only say an emphatic NO:

• ketchup: I love tomato anything, but ketchup just does not make my mouth sing, quite the opposite actually.
  • fast food: McD's, BK, etc., if I want a burger I go to a pub or make it myself. The smell alone of most fast food burger joints makes me ill
  • tripe: stomach lining, very unpleasant texture that's hard to chew or swallow
  • cheap/bad mass-produced beer: Crappy ingredients means crappy beer. There's a reason the Bavarian Purity Law was established, beer should not be horse piss in a rusty bucket or dirty water dredged from the bottom of Lake Ontario, which most Molson, Miller, Bud and Labatt beers are. They give me a headache.
  • anything loaded with MSG: sensitivity not quite at allergy levels, puts me on the verge if not completely into a state of puking my guts out for a couple days
  • Tap water at home: odd I know, I'll drink tap water in a lot of places but where I live it tastes like battery acid filtered through rusty cans filled with match sticks, not very pleasant so I stick with bottled or filter and boil the hell out of it before making OJ, coffee or tea
  • chicken feet: Go for dim sum with friends all the time and someone always has to order chicken feet. I grew up rural and have cleaned out chicken coops. Just....NO. There's no amount of cleaning, cooking and sauce that can make those edible to me. :p
    AND there's not a stitch of meat on the buggers anyway.

Edited by Opiate42

Oysters!?! That was probably the worst food I have ever tried. When I went to visit family in California, they all edged me to try it, even though I'm not a fan of any seafood. You pretty much plop the whole gelatinous mess in your mouth and swallow it whole. Didn't have a taste whatsoever, but the texture was preventing me from swallowing it. I can't think of anything that has the same texture, but a big honkin loogie. The texture turned my stomach, but I still swallowed and it immediately came back up as I started vomiting all over the patio.

Other food I can't stand not falling under the seafood category: frog legs, onions, tomatoes, alligator, and chicken noodle soup flavored baby food (story behind it)

EDIT

Where do you get Fried Pickles from? I've never had them in the UK. Pasta is one of my favourite dishes. I can't go without that!

The only place that I've seen fried pickles is at random carnivals or small drive ins near beaches. Not too sure where to find in them in the UK though.

Edited by koopakiller64

Im with the OP on that I pretty much like and eat anything (My figure hates me for it XD Haha) Damn Ive had Kangaroo, horse, pike, snake, ostrich, ostrich eggs, & turtle. There are a few foods that I depise and they are:

Yeast Extract, more commonly know as Marmite.

Dark Chocolate.

Tofu.

Plums.

Celery.

Fried Pickles. Cant stand them. Other then that I don't really like pasta or those types of salads that have pasta and all that stuff in it : /

Fried Pickles are disgusting! I remember once when I was on vacation two years ago, I went into a restaurant and they ended up giving my dad a fried pickle. We didn't know what it was (at the time we never even heard of fried pickles) and he thought it was a mozzarella stick so he gave it to me.....That thing was no mozzarella stick. XD

I hate mashed potatoes as well; I think they are gross lol I'm also a vegetarian, so I dislike any meat, fish etc.