Old HDD Transfer to S HDD

Emfulz

I searched this board and haven't found what I was looking for so now I'm hoping someone has the answer I need to this question(s).

I got a Xbox 360 S when it came out and never could transfer my old saves or anything since I traded my old xbox in for the new one. Now if I get a Transfer kit, can I still take memory off my old HDD's without equipping it with an old Xbox and have it transfer to the new HDD?

I searched this board and haven't found what I was looking for so now I'm hoping someone has the answer I need to this question(s).

I got a Xbox 360 S when it came out and never could transfer my old saves or anything since I traded my old xbox in for the new one. Now if I get a Transfer kit, can I still take memory off my old HDD's without equipping it with an old Xbox and have it transfer to the new HDD?

Using this: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-hard-drive-transfer-cable/78160 (check to see if it's still free from microsoft, I don't think so but worth a try)

You only need to attach your old hdd to the cable, and then plug the whole thing into your slim.

edit: Diagram http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/set-up-transfer-cable

And confirmed that the cable is no longer free if you ask microsoft for one

Edited by Shiftie

This cable will work with every original HDD? because I have multiple ones I'd like to get save files off of.

Edit: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hard-Drive-Transfer-Kit-Xbox-Pc/dp/B002QZG5PQ]Amazon.com: Hard Drive Transfer Kit for Xbox 360: Video Games[/ame] is that the same thing? I'm like Xbox accessory illiterate. All I know is amazon wants 5$ instead of 20$.

Edited by Emfulz

This cable will work with every original HDD? because I have multiple ones I'd like to get save files off of.

Edit: Amazon.com: Hard Drive Transfer Kit for Xbox 360: Video Games is that the same thing? I'm like Xbox accessory illiterate. All I know is amazon wants 5$ instead of 20$.

I've used the one you linked from Amazon with multiple old HDDs, so yes you can use it as many times as you want.

Do note though that the Gamestop one and the Microsoft store one will also transfer from a slim hdd to your current slim, if you ever decide to do that. Up to you though.

Basically if you ever plan on upgrading from your current slim, to a larger HDD, you may want to consider the more expensive one. Otherwise, get the cheap one.

ALSO make sure gamestop doesn't screw you over by giving you a used $5 one for the $20 price tag. Look at the pictures because they ARE a bit different.

Gamestop has $5 ones too? I would only plan on transferring my S HDD if it went bad and needed to get a new one. I don't know how many gb's it is but it's big enough for all my Saves and Installed games. Thank you Shiftie and I Amazon shows some for just a few bucks. Guess I'm in luck with getting old saves back for a very small price. :)

Gamestop has $5 ones too? I would only plan on transferring my S HDD if it went bad and needed to get a new one. I don't know how many gb's it is but it's big enough for all my Saves and Installed games. Thank you Shiftie and I Amazon shows some for just a few bucks. Guess I'm in luck with getting old saves back for a very small price. :)

I was only saying don't get stiff by Gamestop if they try to sell you the $5 one for $20. They look different and work differently as I said.

But that doesn't matter if you're just going to get the cheap one since both versions work with the old HDDs. Just make sure it looks like the one you linked from Amazon.