PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > The Sports Bar
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-24-2016, 06:51 AM   #391
ThunderingLefty

Only 71 more days until Opening Day. Ugh, I miss baseball

ThunderingLefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:55 AM   #392
ThunderingLefty

Fantasy Baseball

I'm a long time manager and commish on yahoo and have an opening in my dynasty league. I wondered if anyone wants a crack at digging this team out of the cellar?

It's a 5th year, 10-team H2H, keep 0-24, 6x6 (with Walks and Holds), 24 man roster (includes 6 BN), 2 util, 2 NA, 5 DL. The non-keeper draft is non-snaking based on reverse finish from last year. That's right, you'd get the #1 pick every round for your non-kept roster spots. The draft date isn't set yet and we're still waiting on a few other guys to re-up this year. But the old owner told me after last season he couldn't do it this year.

The team needs work, but there's a decent start.
C - Vogt
1B - Encarnacion, Napoli
2B - Pedroia, Zobrist
3B - Carpenter
SS - Alexei Ramirez, Asdrubal Cabrera
OF - Heyward, Bruce, Kemp, Tomas, Trumbo, Prado, Cuddyer

SP - Waino, Cueto, Scherzer, Cashner, Weaver
RP - Chapman, Holland, Rodney

For comparison, my team (2nd place)
C - Cervelli
1B - Morales
2B - Altuve
3B - Bryant
SS - Castro
OF - Brantley, JD Martinez, Eaton, Grichuk, Yelich

SP - Strasburg, Price, Rodon, Syndergaard, Matz, Carlos Martinez, Garcia, Lackey
RP - Melancon, Britton, Rondon, Carson Smith, Grimm

NA - Giolito, Moncada

The league is pretty active with trades, roster adjustments, mild smack talk. A bunch of Chicago fans (both sides), a Pirates fan too, maybe a Cardinal fan. I also do football leagues with a lot of the same guys.

If you're up for the challenge post your email (or pm me) and I'll get you an invite right away.

Old 01-31-2016, 04:17 PM   #393
bigbear.
Enforcer Bear

Gamertag: bigbear XBA

Awards Showcase Staff - Community Team - Events Director   Staff Club - bigbear.   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Subscriber - Silver   Community Challenge Competition - 100+ Points   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   XBA Representer   Guide Writers Guild
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I'm tempted just because I think Waino might bounce back big from injury this year and because I'm hoping that Matheny drops Carp down in the order to utilize his XBH potential better (and thus feeding him RBI).

But I hate trying to keep up with fantasy baseball. As much as I love the game it is a ton of work.

I think your Cubs are going to win the Central. I heard some local radio guys comparing the Cardinals and Cubs and they seemed to think the Cubs have the edge in the lineup but the Cardinals have the pitching. I'm not so sure about that. The Cubs look pretty damn strong in the rotation. The Cards might be deeper in the bullpen but if the Cubs starters can go 6 or 7 every night...The Cards rotation is all young guys that still have endurance issues and guys with injury histories.

Edit: watching a special on Harry Carey on MLB Network. Kind of hard to buy its propaganda when one of my best friends growing up was his grandson and I know how much of a POS he really was.

Thanks to Gackt for the sig

Community Gaming: Enjoy the games you love with friends and make some new ones
Monthly Community Round-Up News Article

Last edited by bigbear.; 02-03-2016 at 05:58 AM.
bigbear. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:52 PM   #394
bigbear.
Enforcer Bear

Awards Showcase Staff - Community Team - Events Director   Staff Club - bigbear.   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Subscriber - Silver   Community Challenge Competition - 100+ Points   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   XBA Representer   Guide Writers Guild
So either Pete doesn't get it or he's given up on the whole reinstatement idea.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:12 PM   #395
bigbear.
Enforcer Bear

Due to rescheduling (MLB claims because of the DNC and RNC conventions) it has worked out that the Cubs and Cardinals will not play a weekend series in St. Louis for the first time in over 100 years.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:31 PM   #396
bigbear.
Enforcer Bear

Cespedes is becoming legend.

http://nesn.com/2016/03/yoenis-cespe...lows-hr-video/

Also, what is that on Harvey's hat a little above his right ear?

Old 03-28-2016, 08:24 AM   #397
ThunderingLefty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingLefty View Post
C - Cervelli
1B - Morales
2B - Altuve
3B - Bryant
SS - Castro
OF - Brantley, JD Martinez, Eaton, Grichuk, Yelich
SP - Strasburg, Price, Rodon, Syndergaard, Matz, Carlos Martinez, Garcia, Lackey
RP - Melancon, Britton, Rondon, Carson Smith, Grimm
NA - Giolito, Moncada
Had my draft the other day. I cut Francisco Cervelli, John Lackey, Jaime Garcia, and Justin Grimm

So I had 3 draft picks at the end of the draft. I took;
R22.9 1B/DH-Hou AJ Reed, NA
R23.9-3B/SS-Pit Jung-Ho Kang
R24.9 1B/OF-StL Stephen Piscotty

That's right, I currently don't have a catcher.

After the draft I moved Moncada and Reed to the NA stash and opened up 2 available roster spots. I put waiver claims on 3 more prospects: OF-Tex Nomar Mazara, SS-Atl Dansby Swanson, and 1B-Pit Josh Bell. I have the 2nd waiver claim so I'm guaranteed one of the first 2 guys.

And since Brantley, Kang, and Carson Smith are all headed to the DL, I can add 3 more players once MLB declares the active 25-man rosters. For catchers I can claim Cervelli-Pit, Devin Mesoraco-Cin, Yan Gomes-Cle, or Wilson Ramos-Was. The last 3 could have decent rebound years. I don't think all 4 will be claimed so I should be ok with any of them.

There are a couple sleeper closers I can target with my other 2 spots. Arodys Vizcaino -Atl and both Steve Cishek/Joaquin Benoit -Sea

If I snag one I might take SP Joe Ross -Was to fill out my roster.

I feel pretty good about my team this year and with the group of NA prospects I'll have. 1B has been a black hole for me going on a few years now. It seems like my SP group is a little weaker this year though. A team is offering up Stanton for a SP. I might dangle David Price at that and see what happens. I still think Price is elite but moving back to the AL East, this time with half of his games in homer heaven instead of a pitchers park concerns me a little.

So yeah. You probably don't care about my fantasy team. The anticipation of baseball season is killing me. Just one more week until Opening Day. Why is the offseason so long? Damn, our offseason was like a month shorter and it still can't get here fast enough.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #398
bigbear.
Enforcer Bear

Old 04-03-2016, 04:45 PM   #399
ThunderingLefty

AL East: Toronto
AL Central: Kansas City
AL West: Houston
WC1: Baltimore
WC2: Seattle

NL East: Washington
NL Central: Chicago
NL West: San Francisco
WC1: New York
WC2: Pittsburgh

ALDS:
Kansas City beats Baltimore in 3
Houston beats Toronto in 5
ALCS:
Houston beats Kansas City in 7

NLDS:
Chicago beats Washington in 5
San Francisco beats Pittsburgh in 4
NLCS:
Chicago beats San Francisco in 6

World Series: Chicago in 7
Worst record: Milwaukee, 61-101

Old 07-03-2016, 10:20 PM   #400
bigbear.
Enforcer Bear

Yadi becomes the 34th catcher in major league history with 1500 hits.

But this is my favorite Yadi stat (going into today's game):

Since coming to the majors in 2004 when he split time with Mike Matheny, the Cardinals are 243 games over .500 when Yadier Molina starts at catcher.