Play.com codex edition

Hey, just curious, did anyone else order the codex edition from play.com and not receive it yet? It was despatched on Tuesday and I still don't have it. Starting to get really fucked off now as I've had a lot of mail go missing recently. If I don't get it today, someone is going to get fucking assassinated for real. Play.com seem to be going right down the shitter, I've had so many problems with them of late.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine arrived this morning and was also posted on tuesday, I hoped it would arrive yesterday though. If it helps it wasn't via normal mail, it was parcel delivery.

They have been going downhill recently, last new game I ordered from them didn't get posted till the day before release and arrived 5 days later.

I ordered a game in one of their sales and it arrived in 2 days so I have no idea wtf is up with them lately.

Hope yours arrives soon, the chest is awesome and is going to be displayed next to my Ezio statue from ACII :D

Thanks for the quick reply. Really hope I get it today, I ordered it back in June and have been looking forward to it since then. So if I don't get it today on the fucking release like I should do, it's gona be a real kick in the teeth. Becoming increasingly wary of buying online now as they don't seem to give a shit about the customer anymore.

Anyway thanks for the reply, it's given me some hope that I may still get it.

Panic over, just got it. It's got some damage though, gona call Play now and see if I can get some money back, pretty fucking doubtful though. Chest looks awesome though, was a bit worried when I didn't see the game, but then noticed the ribbon for the hidden compartment.

Time to go make some people bleed.

dont know about anyone else but mine came from a normal unmarked white van but had to sign for it had to fire an email to play.com though as the lid of the codex is shocing, the felt inside the lid isnt finished, the logo is extremely faint, the felt doesnt stick to the lid because theres nothing there to keep it in place it seems rushed, im extremly disapointed because i paid £70 for something that is broken and is 'limited' collectors edition, i will be disapointed if i dont get another oneor at very least a new lid so im going to hold off opening the game incase pla are dicks and want it returned or something, first dispaointment from play in 4 years of service

EDIT!!!! - RECIEVED EMAIL FROM PLAY.COM AND I have to send it all back so they can get it all sorted out, been waiting for this game for months hell had this edition ordered since july so im very upset over this grrrrr

If I remember correctly the last exclusive I ordered from play (black edition AC2) arrived the day after release.

I should have known better than to order something like this from them again, it's still not arrived and it's now 3pm.

Perhaps we should all email Ubi and express our concern at choosing a company for an exclusive item that doesn't care about making sure it arrives early or even on the day of release. Had it been a Game exclusive we would all have had it on Thursday and it would have been packed properly.

i just got my codex edition and its a disgrace the outer box is dented the inner box lid is cracked and all the protection it had was bubble wrap and a plastic bag it wasnt even around the box the receipt got more protection because the bubble wrap was around it instead of the box

im not buying from play again

Mine arrived about 20 minutes ago by Citipost, glad its here but it was packaged terribly, it was in a silver plastic postage bag with a single thin, loose sheet of bubble wrap to protect it which was loose in the bag and not even wrapped around the box when I opened it.

I'm going to email play.com as well.

Mine just arrived at 16:49. Was loosely wrapped in a single sheet of bubble wrap inside a standard grey courier bag (Large).

Typical luck, the only damage to mine is a little crumpling of the cardboard sleeve on the top 4 corners, everything else is intact and pristine.

Oh well at least I have it now and can play it.