Just another Day 6 thread... Wish they would Patch it or something...

Shadow of Hate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the game but wont be playing it until superbowl weekend when I get together with some buddies for gaming, football and adult sodas. After that I'd be willing to help you guys out. The AI isn't the brightest at times and I've only played the first 2 missions. Still I think I'll really like the game with friends.

This mission is beginning to infuriate me. I got it a couple of days ago on the cheap and this level inparticualr is making me rage. I can do the first bit easy enough but I can't hack the missiles at all due to the friendly AI's stupidity.

I pieced together a couple of different strategies that I read about for this level and was finally successful (without the help of a friend).

No need to delevel your character like some people have suggested. Just start a new one. You can pick whatever level you want to play right from the beginning. The bots really are much easier at low levels.

I used a shotgun as my primary.

What I would do is start my hack right next to the console so that the hack % would increase quickly. I would watch my surroundings and try my best to keep the console in between me and any enemies so that I could stay as long as possible. The second I started to take any damage I would sprint into the little room the the right of the console. You can continue to hack from that distance (just slower) and enemies rarely follow you in there. If they do that is when I would use my shotgun. As soon as it looked like the opposing team was focused on my teammates again I would move outside to the terminal. I repeated this process of hiding in the room and popping out when it looked clear until I reached 100%. It is very important to move into the room as soon as you start to take damage because if you die they can undo most of your progress.

I may have just gotten lucky but it worked for me. Thought I would pass it on as I know how frustrating this level can be. Most people's advice was to find a partner to do it with you but it can be done on your own.

I pieced together a couple of different strategies that I read about for this level and was finally successful (without the help of a friend).

No need to delevel your character like some people have suggested. Just start a new one. You can pick whatever level you want to play right from the beginning. The bots really are much easier at low levels.

I used a shotgun as my primary.

What I would do is start my hack right next to the console so that the hack % would increase quickly. I would watch my surroundings and try my best to keep the console in between me and any enemies so that I could stay as long as possible. The second I started to take any damage I would sprint into the little room the the right of the console. You can continue to hack from that distance (just slower) and enemies rarely follow you in there. If they do that is when I would use my shotgun. As soon as it looked like the opposing team was focused on my teammates again I would move outside to the terminal. I repeated this process of hiding in the room and popping out when it looked clear until I reached 100%. It is very important to move into the room as soon as you start to take damage because if you die they can undo most of your progress.

I may have just gotten lucky but it worked for me. Thought I would pass it on as I know how frustrating this level can be. Most people's advice was to find a partner to do it with you but it can be done on your own.

Thanks, will try it later. Haven't had chance to do it over the last couple of days. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The first part is simple, repair the crane controls. Play as an engineer and either constantly try to repair the controls and when you get down wait for a medic, then resume hacking. This is more of a kamikaze method. Or secondly, play as the engineer again and use turrets, mines and damage buffs to your liking. This will create a 'safe' area for you and your team to repair the crane. Remember you can buff your gun damage by holding http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/ls.png too!

For the second objective things seem to become overwhelmingly difficult and your team seem to have a problem assisting you in ANY way. My first choice here was to become an operative and get the job done myself...Wrong!

For this section i remained as an engineer, i fought my way to hacking objective and just off to the right you will see a small, dead end hall way with 2 entrances/exits. Haul ass inside here and set up a turret in the left-most door (While facing hacking objective), and then place a proximity mine in the other entrance. Camp here and help your turret fend off the Resistance, whilst doing so your team will start to hack the objective.

If you keep on top of the enemies and repair your turret when iuts needed asap you shouldn't have an issue. Upon trying this method i done it first try.

Tl;dr:

Camp in hallway off to the right.

Turret in one door, mine in the other. (Play as Engineer)

Wait for your teams operatives.

• 3 weeks later...

Tl;dr:

This. Actually, I ended up camping to the right of the area where the enemy would funnel in, but the idea is the same. Once you hit that magical 2 minute mark, your team develops some skills and will begin to hack it. Mine went into overtime, but I still was able to complete it.

• 4 weeks later...

Decided just to try this mission again today and actually completed it!

All I did as an engineer was camp in the hallway to the right of the hack box,

placed a turret facing the hack box so anyone trying to remove it failed,

placed myself at the other side of the hallway and killed anything in sight,

my AI team suddenly all appeared and completed the mission easily

Hope this helps!

• 11 months later...

I tried the turret thing a few times with a max level character, then a lvl 10 character, but i hardly get any luck of the ai keeping the overtime going...

I finally got this by starting a new character, trying to clear out all the enemies and have my team defend the area before hacking.

Got lucky the first time hacked til 97%! before dying multiple times and losing the game again. Tried again and went to hide in the left hallway at about 75% with about a minute remaining, and my team managed the fight into overtime and i got the 100.

• 7 months later...

A strategy for the second part of the mission that worked for me was to keep the bridge up (repairing crane controls and removing HE charges) until there are about 2 minutes left, then switch to operative and try to hack the missile controls. At the end of a mission, your teammates will focus more on the primary objective and will sometimes actually be able to hold off the enemy. I spent most of my hacking while hiding in one of the side rooms, as is already explained in some post above. Hacking will take a long time while hiding in one of the side rooms and you will probably go in overtime (by the time I finished I was almost 2 minutes in overtime), but enemies won’t go there as long as there are teammates around.

I did this on hard with a level 23 character. Difficulty and character level don’t seem to matter very much for this mission, it depends mostly on luck. It took me some tries to get this, but eventually it worked.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
The first part is simple, repair the crane controls. Play as an engineer and either constantly try to repair the controls and when you get down wait for a medic, then resume hacking. This is more of a kamikaze method. Or secondly, play as the engineer again and use turrets, mines and damage buffs to your liking. This will create a 'safe' area for you and your team to repair the crane. Remember you can buff your gun damage by holding http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/ls.png too!

For the second objective things seem to become overwhelmingly difficult and your team seem to have a problem assisting you in ANY way. My first choice here was to become an operative and get the job done myself...Wrong!

For this section i remained as an engineer, i fought my way to hacking objective and just off to the right you will see a small, dead end hall way with 2 entrances/exits. Haul ass inside here and set up a turret in the left-most door (While facing hacking objective), and then place a proximity mine in the other entrance. Camp here and help your turret fend off the Resistance, whilst doing so your team will start to hack the objective.

If you keep on top of the enemies and repair your turret when iuts needed asap you shouldn't have an issue. Upon trying this method i done it first try.

Tl;dr:

Thank you so much! I followed this strategy and completed the mission first try! Now have 1000G.