How do you boost ranked matches?

Salarian

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I got it... There is a way to cheat this. All you have to do is use a USB device and when you get your first win copy the file: Save Game (Player Data) to it. Now everytime you win keep dashboarding and saving the file to you USB device (copy over old file.) Now when you lose just dashboard and copy that file from your USB Device back to your main hard drive. Do this until you get your ten wins ranked. It can be time consuming. But can be done in 30 minutes if all goes well. Enjoy.

Ok, I got it... There is a way to cheat this. All you have to do is use a USB device and when you get your first win copy the file: Save Game (Player Data) to it. Now everytime you win keep dashboarding and saving the file to you USB device (copy over old file.) Now when you lose just dashboard and copy that file from your USB Device back to your main hard drive. Do this until you get your ten wins ranked. It can be time consuming. But can be done in 30 minutes if all goes well. Enjoy.

Dude if this works... I LOVE YOU! :p

I can vouch that this method worked perfectly. Don't be discouraged that your user statistics are still accurate for all your losses. You're essentially tricking the game data. Great alternative then rage quitting in the middle of a fight.

I have no "Player data", only game settings downloaded settings and player settings. Is it player settings? I've been doing it with game settings for like 15 wins and it hasn't worked so it's not that one...

Sorry for the misinformation. It is the "Player Settings," and it should be 124 KB. Let me know on Live if this worked for you.

I'm looking to get this and all the other ranked cheevos out of the way as I had stopped playing this game and now am nowhere near as good as I originally was at this game. I am on very often and my GT is Goldyman77. I am hoping to get a group of 5-8 going on ranked tag as I hear this is the easiest way to get the achievement. Message me if your interested and lets get em all outta the way! Thanks to all!

I was wondering when do you dashboard after you lost a match? is it still in the match itself or in the lobby? Ive been dashboarding in the lobby and got 15 wins and no chivo yet.

I was wondering when do you dashboard after you lost a match? is it still in the match itself or in the lobby? Ive been dashboarding in the lobby and got 15 wins and no chivo yet.

When I did it I let the match finish where it said for example "Jade wins!" Then it puts you back to the menu with "Ranked match, player match, private match" And when I got to that screen I dashboarded.

• 4 weeks later...
....Im so gonna try this once I got a USB thats 2GB or over. The one I have now sucks because its 1GB but it's made by Microsoft -____-

You guys realise that using this USB trick is a gigantic waste of time right? Instead of taking the loss and resetting to an old save just quit the match before you lose so you don't have to. The game will still track the quit as a loss but it doesn't stop the achievement from popping after 10 wins.

You guys realise that using this USB trick is a gigantic waste of time right? Instead of taking the loss and resetting to an old save just quit the match before you lose so you don't have to. The game will still track the quit as a loss but it doesn't stop the achievement from popping after 10 wins.

Does this mess with the opponents win? Would they potentially give you bad feedback?

Can it be done while it says "FINISH HIM" or must you time it before that?

Mine is a 2g and it only has 1.4 on it after configuring. the player data's only like 500 kb haha you could do it with yours :)

I wish I could use it but the USB that I have now, won't work. It failed the data loss or whatever so I have to find something else that I can use. This sucks right now. I guess it's because it's not big enough

Does this mess with the opponents win? Would they potentially give you bad feedback?

Can it be done while it says "FINISH HIM" or must you time it before that?

They'll still get credit for the win in their stats. You can quit anytime before the game automatically sends you back to the menu to protect your streak.

As always, quitting leaves you open to bad feedback, although I suppose no more than playing through the whole match and winning (since people give bad rep just because they lost). You know how useless the system is, but if you're worried about it you can use the much longer memory trick.

They'll still get credit for the win in their stats. You can quit anytime before the game automatically sends you back to the menu to protect your streak.

As always, quitting leaves you open to bad feedback, although I suppose no more than playing through the whole match and winning (since people give bad rep just because they lost). You know how useless the system is, but if you're worried about it you can use the much longer memory trick.

Except the quitting didn't work for me. Winning in this game isn't too hard, and when I was going for my 10 streak I definitely quit the 3 or 4 losses in between, all the way up to about 15 wins, nothing popped. Did this trick, got the achievement within a half hour. Not a long time at all for a fool-proof method.

Except the quitting didn't work for me. Winning in this game isn't too hard, and when I was going for my 10 streak I definitely quit the 3 or 4 losses in between, all the way up to about 15 wins, nothing popped. Did this trick, got the achievement within a half hour. Not a long time at all for a fool-proof method.

Not to call you a liar or anything but my way is fool-proof. I know not only because a tonne of other people have verified that it works but because I personally did it myself.

Would it be considered "tampering" by using the memory trick?

No.

Not to call you a liar or anything but my way is fool-proof. I know not only because a tonne of other people have verified that it works but because I personally did it myself.

No.

And I tried to do it myself and obviously wasn't quitting at the right time or something. I'm just saying this method works when the other ones won't

Wait so how do I know if im doing this right? Does my best streak suppose to go up or does it stay like it is? I got 3 games done so far right now. Do I have to wait until I get 10 wins only for the achievement to pop up or what?

Edited by Retrokiid90