CD wont work anymore

MATH3W MAGNUM77

:mad:

i was playing this game a week ago w a buddy (split screen horde mode) and i got mad when we got annihilated so used the home button to exit out of the game.. it wasn't saving or anything.. i'm 100% sure. but since then if i try playing the game it shows the splash screen and then the entire xbox freezes. no control, no response :eek:

the cd looks fine and has no scratches. there is a slight discoloration round the center ring however but that might be something else.

all i wanna know is WTF happened and how do i fix it cuz i love this game and bought all the dlc and everything. is it the save file? or the bit installed on the HDD? the cd itself? what? :confused:

has this happened to others?

i NEED to chainsaw the locust!

please help!!!

thanks!! :(

:mad:

i was playing this game a week ago w a buddy (split screen horde mode) and i got mad when we got annihilated so used the home button to exit out of the game.. it wasn't saving or anything.. i'm 100% sure. but since then if i try playing the game it shows the splash screen and then the entire xbox freezes. no control, no response :eek:

the cd looks fine and has no scratches. there is a slight discoloration round the center ring however but that might be something else.

all i wanna know is WTF happened and how do i fix it cuz i love this game and bought all the dlc and everything. is it the save file? or the bit installed on the HDD? the cd itself? what? :confused:

has this happened to others?

i NEED to chainsaw the locust!

please help!!!

thanks!! :(

Check out the following link and you should have your problem resolved or, at the least, know the cause of it. EPIC would like to apologise to all fans who have received problems regarding rank reset, freezing etc. They know the passion of you all for this game and want you to know that they will reward you with future xp events. Check out the official Gears of War 2 facebook page for upcoming xp events. Thank you.

link------> http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/736235-NEW-Screen-Freezing-After-TU6-363-Players-Can-t-Play-GOW2

Edited by nazhitsreallyhard
Punctuation and grammar correction

Check out the following link and you should have your problem resolved or, at the least, know the cause of it. EPIC would like to apologise to all fans who have received problems regarding rank reset, freezing etc. They know the passion of you all for this game and want you to know that they will reward you with future xp events. Check out the official Gears of War 2 facebook page for upcoming xp events. Thank you.

link------> http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/736235-NEW-Screen-Freezing-After-TU6-363-Players-Can-t-Play-GOW2

Thank You! I'll try this tmrw or on monday and see if it fixes it. Apparently I'm gonna loose all my stats n save points.. frustrating....

Thank You! I'll try this tmrw or on monday and see if it fixes it. Apparently I'm gonna loose all my stats n save points.. frustrating....

Yes you will more than likely lose your points but don't be disheartened. You are not the only person suffering. EPIC mods have already stated on their official blog that they will "not stop giving out xp events for Gears of War 2". EPIC know that Gears of War 2 is a broken game but won't give up on the die-hard fans. To be on the safe side, wait for a xp event and then go all out to get your wings. Good luck.

Edited by nazhitsreallyhard
spelling correction

• 5 weeks later...