The Simple Method To Rank Up Fast For Multiplayer. Earn 15,000 To 20,000 XP Per Hour!

Tactical Tom

The Simple Method To Rank Up Fast For Max Payne 3's Multiplayer

Earn 15,000 To 20,000 XP Per Hour

After looking around other Forums to find an answer to another question, I stumbled across this Method posted by hawknz on the PS3trophies Forum where XP can be earned in Single Player Modes in order to Rank Up in Max Payne 3's Multiplayer. The following Method was found by hawknz and I will edit and add in a few things where necessary to help everyone on the X360A Forums.

Method:

In case you don't already know, you can earn XP by winning Medals in New York Minute or Score Attack. The Platinum Medals can earn you up to 1,000 XP on some Levels.

Chapter 4 Part 1 just so happens to be one of those levels where it can be extremely quick and easy to be awarded a Platinum Rating. I have been running this level over and over clocking in at about 3 minutes per run including Loading Screens & Cutscenes.

Calculations:

1,000 XP per every 3 minutes adds up to 20,000 XP per hour.

It takes 619,500 XP to go from Rank 0-50. (Source JuSt BLaZe post #5)

At 20,000 XP Per Hour you can go from Rank 0-50 in approximately 31 hours.

Settings:

Before Starting this Method, make sure that you are signed into XBOX Live!

Insert Max Payne 3, Disc One

Main Menu >

Arcade >

Score Attack >

Chapter IV Part I >

Leaderboards: Any

Targeting: Select Free Aim. It can probably also be completed with Soft Lock, but it will be harder to blow up the Cars during the Mission.

Character: Any

Scoring & Points Breakdown:

In Score Attack you will be awarded Bonus Points for several different ways of Killing enemies. You can earn these Score Bonuses for getting Headshot Kills, Earning Streaks Of Kills Without Missing a Shot, Melee Kills, Shootdodge Kills, Kills In Bullet Time, Lying Prone, Exploding Cars and many more.

If you want to run through as quickly as possible, (approximately 3 Minutes), you can ignore most of these and follow the quick Walkthorugh Guide Below.

If you want to spend a bit more Time playing the Level to earn more Points and push yourself higher up the Global, Crew or Friends Leaderboards then you will earn less XP Per Hour by taking more time to complete the Mission, (approximately 4 Minutes).

Chapter 4, Part 1 - Quick Walkthorugh Guide:

For a Platinum Ranking you will need a final Points Total of at least 7,000 which should be very simple if you follow the Quick Guide Below:

Section 1:

When you begin the Chapter, shoot the first guy you are prompted to. Then immediately skip the following Cutscene. Now just make your way through the bar as quickly as possible, scoring headshots, getting melee kills, whatever you need to do to get through fast. After Killing these 4 enemies, quickly skip the Cutscene and make sure you pick up a second Pistol on your way through. Immediately switch to dual wielding and Reload both Pistols on your way down the Steps to Section 2.

Section 2:

Once you're downstairs, continue eliminating the enemies quickly. There will be a Total of around 8 to 10 enemies in this Section. Make sure that you pick up the 2 Painkillers clearly visible on the Bar. For Maximum XP runs Per Hour you are going for speed here so be reckless, take damage, and eat Painkillers.

Section 3:

Once you exit the backdoor another Cutscene will begin. You can skip it by Pressing A once Passos is about halfway up the stairs. Once it's over you will be crouched behind cover near two Cars with a bunch of enemies standing around. Use Blindfire to Shoot the Blue Car first and wait for it to burn and explode, killing some of the enemies. Once it has, shoot the White Car second to finish off the rest. If there are any leftover, shoot them and continue on towards the final alleyway.

Section 4:

Once there another Cutscene will begin. You can skip this Cutscene quite quickly, just as Passos gets alongside Max. When you're back in control you will be looking down the alley way full of enemies. Use Blindfire to Shoot the Black Car closest to you first. Once it starts burning immediately begin shooting the last two cars that have just pulled up further down the alley, Bullet Time can be useful here. Once they all explode, everyone should be dead and you should easily have enough Points to score a Platinum medal and a quick and easy 1,000 XP.

Final Points & Viewing XP:

As previously mentioned you only need around 7,000 Points to earn a Platinum Rating for this Chapter 4, Part 1 Mission and it should be easy if you stick to the Guide above. Personally, I’ve earned over 22,000 Points on one of my quick Runs so it really is very easy.

You can go ahead and Press X to Retry and start your next run. Don't worry, the XP you've just earned will be saved as long as you are signed into XBOX Live, and you can skip an extra load screen which will save you a lot of time in the long run.

Alternatively, if you would like to view your XP, press the A Button and you’ll see what you’ve earned being added to your XP Bar and Multiplayer Rank. This will take you back to the Score Attack Menu and cost you Time.

Summary:

I don't recommend just doing only this, it would take 620 runs to go from 0-50 and that wouldn't have very good effects on your sanity. However, a few hours here and there should speed things up. This is also a good way to finish up any Single Player Grinds you might have left.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon4.gif IMPORTANT REMINDER: Before Starting this Method, make sure that you are signed into XBOX Live!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 13th June 2012:

Click Below To See The 3 Minute Video Of This Method & Detailed Section 3 Walkthrough Guide:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5121420&postcount=61

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 22nd June 2012:

Click Below To See A Video Of 3 Platinum Runs In 7 Minutes 37 Seconds (Thanks To Skittle_Juice)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5124990&postcount=139

Edited by Tactical Tom

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sure sounds like fun.

Definitely NOT if you do the same chapter over and over and over....and over and over again. Think about it.

Also SCORE ATTACK sucks cause as soon as you get hit or can't get a hit your muliplier drops. NYM is the way to go, if ever.

I tried both methods and I prefer playing MP over this.

I believe it takes 600,000 XP to go from Rank 0-50.

It's exactly 619.500 XP. I wrote it down on my way to 50 since the bar wasn't moving. ;)

It's exactly 619.500 XP. I wrote it down on my way to 50 since the bar wasn't moving. ;)

Thanks for this Info, I've Updated the Guide to reflect this.

Also SCORE ATTACK sucks cause as soon as you get hit or can't get a hit your muliplier drops. NYM is the way to go, if ever. I tried both methods and I prefer playing MP over this.

As for the New York Minute Vs Score Attack debate, I've read a few Posts in the PS3Trophies Forum which said that Score Attack is an easier Mode to get a Platinum Rating on, which will make it easier for everyone to keep earning a 1,000 XP reward over and over again.

Another reason is because NYM Chapter 4, Part 1 needs to be Unlocked by completing Chapters 1, 2 and 3 first, so it just makes it easier all round if the Guide is written for Score Attack Mode.

I want to advise to everyone that this glitch could get you reset by Rockstar so if this is possible off-line do that. If not I don't think you should try this. If you want to you can though. No skin off my back. I'm having enough fun in the multiplayer its not really necessary for me to do this.

I want to advise to everyone that this glitch could get you reset by Rockstar so if this is possible off-line do that. If not I don't think you should try this. If you want to you can though. No skin off my back. I'm having enough fun in the multiplayer its not really necessary for me to do this.

this would not get you reset! how could it? Its laughable that ppl think this... you're playing the game in a completely legitimate way..

can you retry? or do you have to go back to the main menu every time?

The answer is Yes.

"You can go ahead and Press X to Retry and start your next run. Don't worry, the XP you've just earned will be saved as long as you are signed into XBOX Live".

This method doesn't seem to be a Glitch as it was Posted over a week ago in the PS3Trophies Forum and many people have commented that they have had no problem in reaching Rank 50 by using it.

Also to quote Page 17 of the Max Payne 3 Manual, in the Arcade Mode Section it says "Unlock Multiplayer Avatar clothing by achieving platinum (I assume in all Chapters), and gain Multiplayer XP by reaching High Scores in the Arcade Modes".

The fact that it Saves the XP you've earned in each session and awards you with the Cash that you would normally receive by Ranking Up in Multiplayer is also further evidence that earning XP in Single Player to Rank Up in the Multiplayer is very much by design from Rockstar.

I still wouldn't risk it. Its an exploit to get XP fast. That gets people banned.

for this one, ill take my chances.

you know why??? because i am 100% sure rockstar meant to put this in the game!

thats like saying "clearing twin rocks while its 4X xp to get xp is an exploit and will get you banned!"

WELL GUESS WHAT... all ive ever done in rdr was free roam twin rocks, and i haven't been banned!

I still wouldn't risk it. Its an exploit to get XP fast. That gets people banned.

I wouldn't classify this as a glitch or an exploit tbh, you are just playing the same chapter in an included game mode over and over. That being said, I am enjoying the MP and think I may make it to 50 on my own in this game.

Doing certain glitches in multiplayer is one thing, however, you are never going to get banned for simply replaying a checkpoint in SP over and over. They have a score attack mode for a reason. It is meant to be played over and over to get the best scores. How in the hell would they ban people for doing just what they intended?? That is ridiculous and you are being paranoid.

Doing certain glitches in multiplayer is one thing, however, you are never going to get banned for simply replaying a checkpoint in SP over and over. They have a score attack mode for a reason. It is meant to be played over and over to get the best scores. How in the hell would they ban people for doing just what they intended?? That is ridiculous and you are being paranoid.

I agree with Shaun on this one. An exploit is punishable, but playing the game? Come on. They put this mode in on purpose and made the medals give XP on purpose. I might do this if I get bored, I doubt I'll grind to 50 right now.

I was going through score attack when MP was lagging or no friends were on and found that Chapter 4 gave a decent xp reward. On average i can earn about the same per minute as i can in MP but either way it's still a long grind to lvl 50. I'm still hoping R* do some double or triple xp weekends.

does anyone know how passing into legendary works? Is it like as soon as you get a level 50 you can pass into legendary, or is it like COD's prestige where you have to get like and extra 60,000 xp before you can prestige (legendary)?

now obviously i know that it would not ask you to get 60,000xp, for this game it would be more like 20,000 xp

does anyone know how passing into legendary works? Is it like as soon as you get a level 50 you can pass into legendary, or is it like COD's prestige where you have to get like and extra 60,000 xp before you can prestige (legendary)?

As soon as you hit 50 you can go Legend. You will loose all your weapons, upgrades and cash just for new titles, emblem and avatars.