Forward Unto Dawn Discussion.

xTGMx INF3RNO

in what branch? I know when I served in the army we called female superior officers ma'am and male officers sir... they prolly are just showing how things have changed in the future, or maybe just showing her masculinity? lol

*Shrug* I never served. My dad did and I know some of his superiors insisted on one or the other. I've met a few female officers who insisted on Sir, a few who insisted on their rank and a few who insisted on Ma'am. I did say to the best of my knowledge :) haven't read the regs lately.

Is it Friday yet? I want the next episode! :p

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^~is it November yet? I just want to play!!!

Yeah its so close now I've started to think how I'll play, I want to solo legendary first, but will probably play 2-3 hours campaign then have a bash at flood infection & other war game modes. I doubt I'll bother seeing the extended FUD for weeks after owning the game.

I'm still excited for the next episode to come out (every Friday, right?).

I'm definitely watching them all as they come out, so that when I watch them all in one sitting (after unboxing the LE and playing through on Legendary) with all of the Directors Cut scenes and stuff spliced in it's a totally different experience.

Anyone else notice Frankie in this episode?

Was he holding a mop or something? I couldn't tell.

The opening for episode 2 was phenomenal, we have more showings of Cortana's descent into rampancy. It makes me long to play Halo 4's campaign. Looking back, I can still remember when I first saw the "Awakening" trailer. Can't believe time flies so fast.

FuD still feels like a "high-school outcast becomes super cool" sort of thing. And the whatever it was that was flying by the academy at the end of episode 1 was never explained, yet.

Maybe the Covies will appear in episode 3. That would shake things up. A lot.

Anyone else notice Frankie in this episode?

hehe yeah just watched it and spotted him, its like our very own where's wally (made me remember the joys of spotting observers in Fringe, I'm a big fan and used to love spotting them per episode its not the same this season with a universe populated with 'em)

It looked like Frankie was just a cleaner with a mop or some sort of tool, he had a different less sophisticated uniform and his name was Beamish (I'm guessing its his fave beer). Wonder if we'll get josh holmes next week as a warthog driver or something.

As for FUD its a bit teenzy isn't it, but paint ball with halo hud & radars looks heaps of fun. Keeps hinting at a real attack lets hope #3 delivers.

As for FUD its a bit teenzy isn't it, but paint ball with halo hud & radars looks heaps of fun. Keeps hinting at a real attack lets hope #3 delivers.

Well, it is basically a High School. But it's not really paintball. If you've read Contact Harvest it's basically the same thing the Oni chick used I think, anesthetic paste with a hardening agent to numb and prevent movement.

Well the way that guy keeps reviewing the classified videos, you know he's going to see some covies in some of em. Probably just in time for an attack.

And the "next on" portion of video two had a whole lot of explosions and ODST like trails of smoke. Plus the extremely brief view of a probably-master-chief-sillouette.

I'm not really understanding all of this cryo-sickness stuff, so I'm probably going to do a but ire research on that before the next episode.

[spoiler=yes]it's going to be so sad when they reveal how Laskey's brother died, I just feel it in my bones

Edited by Vectorman953

To take a quote from MixMaker-

Holy Shit!

*SPOILERS* If you haven't watched it yet. Just got a chance to watch watch Episode 3. Vectorman, you definitely nailed that right on the head. As for the episode, seemed a bit shorter than the others, but maybe that's because this one had me completely hooked.

That being said, I think Halo just nailed down a new scene to go in my top 5 favorites scenes in the series. When they're looking up through the Tether ceiling and the ships dropped out of Slipspace. That was probably one of the most heart-wrenching moments I've ever felt in the series. With the live-action actors and the characters being so young and relatively helpless, it feels so much more real than the games ever have. Not the best scene I've seen yet, but definitely close to it.

While I still question making a movie based directly on the games themselves, I'm starting to think the Human-Covenant War being shot from the perspective of a civvie or maybe a drafted marine. I'm thinking the mystery of the Forerunner and complexity of the Covenant's existence couldn't be conveyed in a 3-hour movie, but a story of survival (perhaps encompassing the war on Earth during Halo 2 and 3) would be easily conveyed. This would allow them to cut out some of the more extensive directions the series goes in, but prevents them from attempting to rewrite and change something that would ultimately bo worse than being left excluded.

Now if we were to get a multi-episode, multi-season TV series, I would say they need to go out. Forerunner Origin, Covenant Religion, discovery of the Halo rings, everything. I really feel a TV series with a 40-minute runtime is the way to go. I can guarantee it would be the most expensive TV series ever produced, but it would probably have some of the best ratings of any series ever. I don't think it would be getting cancelled prematurely.

QUOTE: DarkReign (not brining that wall of text)

Agreed. The best Halo movie (if this doesnt already qualify) they could do is an extra story, not the game's story. They can't shove all the events of any game into a feature length movie, they just can't. That being said if its of this production quality I'd happily see anything they try to give us.

That being said, I think Halo just nailed down a new scene to go in my top 5 favorites scenes in the series. When they're looking up through the Tether ceiling and the ships dropped out of Slipspace. That was probably one of the most heart-wrenching moments I've ever felt in the series. With the live-action actors and the characters being so young and relatively helpless, it feels so much more real than the games ever have. Not the best scene I've seen yet, but definitely close to it.

While I still question making a movie based directly on the games themselves, I'm starting to think the Human-Covenant War being shot from the perspective of a civvie or maybe a drafted marine. I'm thinking the mystery of the Forerunner and complexity of the Covenant's existence couldn't be conveyed in a 3-hour movie, but a story of survival (perhaps encompassing the war on Earth during Halo 2 and 3) would be easily conveyed. This would allow them to cut out some of the more extensive directions the series goes in, but prevents them from attempting to rewrite and change something that would ultimately bo worse than being left excluded.

Now if we were to get a multi-episode, multi-season TV series, I would say they need to go out. Forerunner Origin, Covenant Religion, discovery of the Halo rings, everything. I really feel a TV series with a 40-minute runtime is the way to go. I can guarantee it would be the most expensive TV series ever produced, but it would probably have some of the best ratings of any series ever. I don't think it would be getting cancelled prematurely.

If I could guess the other 4 of your top 5 favorite scenes of the franchise, in no particular order:

-Chief giving the Covenant back their bomb.

-Chief witnessing a large Covenant fleet, and proceeds to escape a Forerunner temple only to get blasted into the surrounding waters, where the Gravemind abducts him.

-Chief warping towards the Prophet of Truth, and barely managing to hitch a ride on the Forerunner Dreadnought.

-Johnson's Death.

And if Star Wars gets to have a live-action TV series, Halo deserves some love from fans too. I'd rather avoid a Halo movie, but I'm all for a TV series. Having short little story lines revolving around events of the franchise would be great. It wouldn't have to focus on a single main character, over the entire series or over the course of a season. A glimpse at the life of an ODST, a firefight from an Insurrectionist's point of view, Johnson's early days, the construction of the Halo rings, a documentary about the Precursors, etc., etc. A fine way to continue expanding the franchise, even after the Reclaimer trilogy comes to a close.

The third episode of Forward unto Dawn has me elated for what's to come. We finally get some official resolution of Cadman's character, and the scene with the tether was gut wrenching. But not as gut wrenching to see compared to the opening with Cortana and Chief. My God, what the blazes is Cortana up to? This is the CRAZIEST we've ever seen her become! She's morphing into some creepy Gollum-esque cretin!

On a closing statement about today's episode, 104 was such a tease. Hopefully we'll witness a booty clenching scene of Chief and 104 back to back, kicking some Covie behind next Friday.

Edited by LickableLemons7

I'm gonna give you a 2/4 on that one. The scene with Johnson's Death and the scene with the chief boarding the Dreadnought after being forced to abandon Cortana.

As for the other two, The entire final Canyon Fight on Two Betrayals in H1 and the first time playing through Quarantine Zone in H2 when I made a huge misjudgement and discovered the hard way that flood could drive vehicles (Tanks...)

Guess they might be kinda unfair since I probably seemed like I was only referring to Cutscenes. In terms of just cutscenes and video clips, I would probably replace with the Cam Footage at the midway point on 343 Guilty Spark. First time playing the game it freaked the hell out of me (I was 11...) The other one would be the end of ODST where Johnson was forging the alliance with Vergil. The first time Huragok had a prominent role in the series and a sign of the direction the series would begin to go in. Plus Vergil/Superintendent is my favorite character in the series. Period.

To take a quote from MixMaker-

Holy Shit!

*SPOILERS* If you haven't watched it yet. Just got a chance to watch watch Episode 3. Vectorman, you definitely nailed that right on the head. As for the episode, seemed a bit shorter than the others, but maybe that's because this one had me completely hooked.

Look at Firefly and Heroes!!! I thought the cadets falling outta the tether was intense

I'm gonna give you a 2/4 on that one. The scene with Johnson's Death and the scene with the chief boarding the Dreadnought after being forced to abandon Cortana.

I am all for these 2 being in my Top 5 as well. Mine is pretty basic but just the emotion that it evokes is amazing.

1. Chief abandoning Cortana on High Charity

2. Closing cutscene of 'Pillar of Autumn,'

- Cortana: You sure you wouldn't rather take a seat?"

- Chief: "We'll be fine..." Genuine confidence in Chief's voice gave me chills.

3. Closing cutscene of 'Floodgate' when Rtas 'Vadum, Chief, Keyes, Hood, Spark and Arbiter were discussing their plans of Cortana's solution, "Did you not hear...your world is doomed."

4. Johnson's death :(

5. Chief finding Cortana, "Just keep your head down...there's two of us in here now, remember."

ODST receieved so much hate, but I think the big reason it caught so much flak was the lack of a multiplayer (which is pretty pathetic when you think about it.)

I think if they'd have just marketed it as Single-player DLC for Halo 3 like they'd originally planned it would've gone over better. That would've eliminated the expectation of new features, which would've made it all the more successful because of the sandbox world, modified weapons, and various little features like the VISR (which I really want to make a comeback in the Halo franchise even if it just performs the same functions as the analyze feature in Anniversary. I loved the artistic style of VISR mode.)

Would've been pretty cool as Episodic content actually. The way the Campaign was built with the Openness of New Mombasa and the episode-like flashbacks would've lent itself better to a chapter or two being release every month. Spacing out the exploration and building the suspense of the story-based missions would've made the whole adventure more climactic.