Achievement Discussion Thread

SonsOfDisaster

Noob question

Whats the difference between Be a GM mode and GM Connected mode?

OT Looks like an ok list. Apart from the getting a TotW player, that achievement is bullshit.

Thats also in the wrong section OP.

I never really played the Be A GM modes myself, but I believe Be A GM is an offline mode, and GM Connected is the online version, where you can manage teams with other people ect. the TotW player achievement isn't really that bad, you can always let one of your friends loan you the card to get the achievement to pop. and thanks, I moved that to the correct spot :)

the TotW player achievement isn't really that bad, you can always let one of your friends loan you the card to get the achievement to pop. and thanks, I moved that to the correct spot :)

And TOTW players aren't too bad, a lot of the lower ones sell on AH for >10K pucks. Plus, I find HUT drops them more often than FUT does.

Ah, good to know you can get the achievement by buying one.

I presumed it was like Fifa12/13 when you had to get one in a pack. Luck based cheevos like that are BS.

You couldn't even open HUT mode if you weren't online. And the seasons mode involving playing against other players online. So I'm fairly certain it can't be done offline in NHL 15.

When I said offline, I didn't mean not connected to the internet. I should have phrased it better.

I meant that couldn't you complete a single player HUT Season, completing the criteria needed, perfect record etc?

There was 10 divisions last year, split up in multiple conferences. Like CHL conference was Div 10-7, AHL Div 6-4, NHL Div 3-1. League title requires you to win the Div 1 (essentially going 8-2-0) while conference you either had to win just any division, or the specific one before going up (CHL being Div 7). Haha, again it's been forever since I played HUT, so I'm not 100% sure. Looking at my achievements it looks like it's the first one, I got that and the promotion one at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...
Ah, good to know you can get the achievement by buying one.

I presumed it was like Fifa12/13 when you had to get one in a pack. Luck based cheevos like that are BS.

I purchased a Hartnell card when TOTW first came out this week and I have yet to get the achievement. I still have the card and when I do a search for TOTW players in my collection, nothing pops up. Anyone else have this issue?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
can this only be obtained through recieving the player in the pack?

no, you can purchase the TOTW player via the auction. Did it last night and the achievement popped immediately.

Paid around 4K for one card and turned around and sold it for the same.