Opinions On Game/Should You Buy Thread

Tyger7

You have to get into a game with other people first ... and that's almost impossible, at least for me. Just once got into a game with more than 3-4 human beings in my team. And even if you're lucky enough to do so, it's unplayable. Playing with a 56K-Modem was more convenient 20 years ago, than playing Brink with 30MB. I'd have never thought, that the game IS actually as bad as everyone keeps saying. It's horrible bullshit.

I'm currently trying to get the remaining audio logs, but I just can't do it, because the Bot AI while attacking is...just wow, how can you create such a bad AI in 2011? I mean I'm playing against EASY Bots, but it's still impossible because you're basically playing by yourself.

I paid 10 € for that crap and it's not even worth that much. I actually killed one controller playing it and made a big scratch into my table.

Edited by Schreckofant

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ask me, I have to say I love this game, contrary to the beleif of what would seem to be the whle world :s Although the AI are seriously broken I believe the game is very fun, although, the reason for this is most likely because I have no means of using Xbox LIVE (If there's a way to set it up while keeping our old Windows XP computer and changing internet and stuff like that I'd be happy to hear it :D) so the game for me is like having the Xbox Live experience without it and well worth the money I paid for it :D

P.S: Quite annoyed about the constant "I'm capturing the health command post" being called out all the time xD Stupid AI, come help me for once!

I'd say its worth a try for $20.

You have to get into a game with other people first ... and that's almost impossible, at least for me. Just once got into a game with more than 3-4 human beings in my team.

I was having the same problem in the Campaign menu.

But under Freeplay menu last night I got into a match that was nearly full.

Edited by Pete1210

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really not a buy for me, I got it through gamefly and got all achievements within 3 days. I was not totally sick of the game but I just could not bring myself to play it anymore, there just isn't that much to do.

Horrible A.I., lag with other players, limited maps and objectives....and then some. I'm glad I did not buy this game. It was fun for a while but just the lack of polish killed it for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I just rented this game from a red box to get the free achievements and I am currently "Reactor boosting". What a piece of shit this game is...... seriously.

I think when I brought this game I was playing games from different genres, but I knew this was a rip off back then. But now coming back to this game after doing games like Bullet storm, dead space 1&2, Gears of War 3, Dead Island.............. boy, what a drop off eh???

I mean, I come back to the game and play with my engineer/solider and I'm wondering why I left him as a light body class. That class dies way too fast and can't use any of the better guns(there are no good guns in this game, it's all relative shades of throwing nails in a tin can). I switch to the medium body type and realize the reason. This game plays slow as hell!!!! How can have game based on movement and parcore, have characters who move soooo slow?? The slide is a joke and your running speed is at a speed walking pace. Even the chucky space marines from epic move at a faster pace and they are pretty much standard for player models that play way bigger than they look.

What a joke of a game, I have to look at my satchel charges in exactly the middle to detonate it??? I have to be within arms reach to plant the charge as well??? Most games allow you to throw charges and detonate them with a hold of your reload button so you can multi task, like guard a door with your gun and another direction with your charge. How do you mess that up??

And was the Gun turret in the game always this terrible??? I'm watching AI players run up and past my turret before it even shoots a shot........... are these the reasons for you to get to level 20, for perks that don't do a damn thing??

Why do you have to pick a character when you start in the main menu??? Your telling me I have to either have a strong character in 1/2 classes tops or a jack of all trades that does nothing great to play this game. I can't just go in the comstation and switch between charter's on the fly, I have to either always be a medic or some crappy Medic,solider,engineer mix???

......and wouldn't you just know it, the team really needs a Operator, guess I got to quite out to the main menu and select my other build. SHM

This game is trash, and I have to say if you like this trash you either are one of those "go against grain types" or you just don't know what a good shooter should play like in 2011. Team fortress/Shadow run/Bad Company 1&2/War for cybertron, go play those games if you really want to play a classed based shooter and something also passes the smell test, IMO.

anji i agree almost completely.

the only saving grace is that its an "easy" 100% where you dont have to put up with it for tool ong/its not challenging at all so you never relaly have to "worry" about teh broken mechanics

what i always wonder with (most) games is why these flaws which are so obvious slip past the inital brainstorming, hten the coding, then the bugsquahsing and then through the final palytest.

why does noone ever pipe up and say hang on a second this is shit??

• 3 weeks later...
Because everyone and their mother has been creating threads about "opinions" of game and "should I buy?", this thread will be used to discuss your likes/dislikes of the game. All other threads will be locked when created about any topic related to discussions of the above sort. There's just way too many popping up.

HAHAHAHA. I so lol-ed when I saw this stickied thread here. Can't recall ever seeing one before. Well, for good or for bad, I might give this game a go while waiting for BF3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a bad game.. I personally enjoyed it.. for 10-20 bucks it's worth it. Though yeah the online community was larger earlier. Now its dead.. though the last 2 weeks it's picked up a lot. I think with the game hitting under $10 many people got it, so a lot of them are online.

it's not a bad game at all... I hope they make Brink 2 and just improve on ALL the things gamers have said were not good.

• 6 months later...

Personally I think this game is terrible. Ive only just started playing it because it was a birthday present from someone and apparently easy achievements. The graphics are shockingly bad, gameplay is boring and the AI is even more dumber than my pet rabbit.

My advice is to avoid this game, there are many more simular games out there that are much better than this load of turd :(.

• 1 month later...

This game is 9.99 brand new at gamestop and I cant even recommend it for that low ass price. Seriously one of the worst games I've ever played. Might be fun if you had friends to play with but with just the god awful AI its true colors really show. None of the game mechanics seem to work at all and its just painful to play. Easy achievements for sure but not worth the shamed feeling it brings to get them. I've played kids games that were built better than this...seriously!!! I enjoyed resident evil operation racoon city more than this!!! Hope this helps someone avoid making the same mistake I did.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought I would be able to find a couple of people to play this with, but so far no luck. Without people to play with, this game is ridiculously hard and a lot of the time you can only win through random luck.

My advice is to avoid this game completely. Unless you have people to play it with do not waste your money.