LOL-- bungie msg on JACPOTS

ajennice

Anyone read ( while a match is loading) that Bungie has IMPLEMENTED huge jackpots to those who finish...

What by definition is HUGE. PLayed about 20 matches tonight.. got 1 777 and 2 in the low hundreds... rest were all double digits!!!

and where is double credit weekends??????

This is old news, and there have already been multiple threads about it. I don't see why you had to make a new one...

:eek:

Highest I've ever got is 777 (once) and I've NEVER quit a match.

Can't you tell he's lying?

They occasionally do have insane jackpots. My bro got 7600+ when I was playing with him in Team Slayer. I was pissed because I only got 350-something in that same game. I have no idea what he did to get that much out, but I wish I was that lucky. I've never even broken a thousand in jackpot. *grumble*

I've never quit, and I've never seen a jackpot either. Since this is a trend, it almost seems like you have to quit and then play for a while (like you've repented) in order for the system to recognize you (the squeaky wheel...). The fact at bungie won't talk about how it works means that there are ways to game the system, which means it's not something as simple as completing 30 straight games.

I wonder if it's meant to serve a rubber banding function, to help players catch up. I'm a col grade 3 and I routinely finish in the top scorers, so maybe I'm not eligible for the bonuses. Anyone else whose never seen a bonus share these traits?

You need superman vision to see these jackpots. I do all challenges everyday, play at least 20 games of all different types and yet no jackpots. I sometimes come top an even come last, but usually somewhere in the middle and yet no fricken jackpots. I'm a colonel grade 3 and approacing brigadier territory, so maybe jackpots are only for lower ranks. Who knows.

I've never quit, and I've never seen a jackpot either. Since this is a trend, it almost seems like you have to quit and then play for a while (like you've repented) in order for the system to recognize you (the squeaky wheel...). The fact at bungie won't talk about how it works means that there are ways to game the system, which means it's not something as simple as completing 30 straight games.

I wonder if it's meant to serve a rubber banding function, to help players catch up. I'm a col grade 3 and I routinely finish in the top scorers, so maybe I'm not eligible for the bonuses. Anyone else whose never seen a bonus share these traits?

The first part seems true, the whole repenting of your halo sins thing. But i do not think they would discriminate and base the jackpot on your rank, because of the daily cap. I wish Bungie would make it streak based, like 50 games 1000, cr 100 games 3000 cr, etc. That would definitely encourage me to deal with Helen Keller on my team

The max jackpot payout you can get is now 7,777 cR (used to be 777 cR). If you don't quit any games for a certain period of time you become eligible for these 1000+ cR jackpot payouts. The ultimate payout amount is still based on chance though. That chance of getting bigger payouts increases when you don't quit on games and other some other factors.

I got 7777 jackpot playing stupid rocket race...it was awesome!! and to be honest I do quit sometimes...not to get banned.why? Becuase I paid $50 for my game and I like to play what I want to play...is that bad?? cry me a river.

Edited by poheroe

The first part seems true, the whole repenting of your halo sins thing. But i do not think they would discriminate and base the jackpot on your rank, because of the daily cap. I wish Bungie would make it streak based, like 50 games 1000, cr 100 games 3000 cr, etc. That would definitely encourage me to deal with Helen Keller on my team

I lol'd

I play with Helen Keller quite often