What and How is everybody getting ready for the new DLC?

FUNGALSHAMBLER

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm excited about this new DLC. Jan 17th seems like it's taking forever to get here. Well regardless, I want to know how people are preparing to upgrade for the new re-up (I think that's the prestige mode for the game). What I have set up so far is: going to re-onix the women (990/1000 matches), 92/100 times 10 multiplier, and 490/500 arcades, and a few more. I only need 3 ribbons (ticker kills 3 peeps, wretch kills a few with a scream, and the two kantus revive ribbons). I REALLY NEED HELP trying to get those last ribbons. I can't seem to get 3 kills with a ticker or the wretch :( Can anyone give some advice for those please?

Can anybody else give me advice to get as much exp once I go back down to level 1?

I would like to hear or read what everyone else is preparing to do for the new re-up coming this 17th.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need twelve more ribbons, all including the four you mentioned. *sigh*

I'm going to play Gears as little as possible until the 17th, in an effort to not waste experience earned.

I am NOT going to take the day off from work, because that is frickin stupid. The people who do that deserve to be fired. Immediately.

That is my plan. Oh yeah, I'm not going to do the ribbons until after the DLC launches. I don't want to find out that I can't get the achievement cause I needed to actually get a new ribbon.

I'm currently missing one ribbon. Long Hauler. Complete all 50 waves in one sitting. I'm gonna do that and the 25G achievement in the new DLC simultaneously.

I really don't have a "plan" other than keep grinding away at seriously 3.0. I'm only level 80 so I don't need to stop. :)

I'm currently Level 96. I'm preparing by getting up to 99 and then maybe about halfway up the bar or so before calling it quits until the DLC hits. I remember people mentioning that hitting L100 and getting Onyx for Field Service gave you more "useless" experience. I don't know if the re-upping is going to be automatic, a choice that can be made immediately upon L100, or something that has to be activated in the options menu, but if re-upping can be activated immediately, maybe the Field Service experience can go directly toward my next set of levels.

As far as ribbons, I got everything I was missing with the exception of one. Like linktriforce007, I'd rather hold off on finishing them than stumble onto a glitch that disables the achievement or otherwise makes it wonky just because I was a little over-ambitious.

I don't know if the re-upping is going to be automatic, a choice that can be made immediately upon L100, or something that has to be activated in the options menu, but if re-upping can be activated immediately, maybe the Field Service experience can go directly toward my next set of levels.

Re-upping will definitely be your choice; Epic wouldn't force people to do so.

Anyway, I'll be playing Versus non-stop once it's released like I've been all month. I'm not going to stop doing a certain action once a medal is close to Onyx as the experience rewarded is substantially small and I'm definitely going to be playing online before the 17th.

It's a shame that my extra 3.7 million experience points will go to the dumpster once I re-up. :(

I've got two weapon kill medals sitting on the fence of being onyx'd so I'll finish those off. I've also just been working on getting other medals close to onyx so I can just finish them off when the dlc comes out. Plus I know someone with a macro controller that he can program to run up the hill on act. 2 ch. 2, press start and reload the checkpoint and do it over and over. So I'll join his game and we'll either split the kills or take turns on who gets all the kills and just let it run overnight.

i've been playing gears 3 on an alternate account loll.

I have a bunch of medals that are less than 10 away from upgrading.

I have all the ribbons.

I'm level 100.

So i've just been playing zombies on my main account and a few games here and there on my spare.

Currently have 34 onyx but by the 17th I will have a minimum of 15 medals (7 of them onyx) that need only a couple of kills to get. Hoping to just have the 5 starting weapons left to work on after the 17th so will re-up immediately then work on warzone for skunker. Been level 100 for about a month now so am only going to lose about a million xp, unlike some who will lose a lot more. Not really bothered about that just looking forward to going up a few ranks when i finish up a whole buttload of medals at once. Probably be around 80% thru seriously by the time this dlc drops. My new goal is to get 3.0 done by the time mass effect 3 is released - So many other games to play and I still don't really know why I am investing so much time into this one. I probably hate it more than i love it, can't figure it out at all lol.

Only need 2 more ribbons - 4 heals as a kantus and revive all 4 teammates in horde, both of which will be super easy to boost while doing the new beast/horde cheevos.

Currently have 1400/1500g and hoping to finish up all but one of the dlc cheevos day one.

Finishing my Seriously 3.0, getting the rest of my medals 1 away from Onyx... will have about 400,000XP to start when I re-up. Can't wait myself.

To be honest, if I were you, I'd probably get Seriously before the DLC hits, just in case there's something screwy with Re-upping.

That's just me though.

To be honest, if I were you, I'd probably get Seriously before the DLC hits, just in case there's something screwy with Re-upping.

That's just me though.

I hope he wait's till after the DLC then he can tell the rest of us if it work's or not. He back's up his save so no risk involved.

I've got two weapon kill medals sitting on the fence of being onyx'd so I'll finish those off. I've also just been working on getting other medals close to onyx so I can just finish them off when the dlc comes out. Plus I know someone with a macro controller that he can program to run up the hill on act. 2 ch. 2, press start and reload the checkpoint and do it over and over. So I'll join his game and we'll either split the kills or take turns on who gets all the kills and just let it run overnight.

Macro controllers can get you banned. At least, it wouldn't surprise if Epic would ban for that. Bungie sure did.

As for me, I now have all the ribbons. Grinding out XP right up to 100.

Edited by xhunterrrr

Macro controllers can get you banned. At least, it wouldn't surprise if Epic would ban for that. Bungie sure did.

As for me, I now have all the ribbons. Grinding out XP right up to 100.

Proof of bungie banning people for macro's? His controller is top of the line, not detectible. Besides, I'm not the one using it.

Well I'm just set 1500/1500 So far...

LvL 100 Extra 4,750,000 (So i'll Re-up to LvL 200 Instantly)

All ribbons except 131/132 Ribbons (Saving one for the day)

Knocking out the Horde/Multiplayer ones on the 17th as well

Lastly working on the next re-up I'm ready bring it on!

Don't know where you've been but you're starting with 0 XP when you re-up just like everyone else, XP is not carrying over.