Your experience with Seriously 3.0 and Re-up?

Jerkkhammer

There seems to be some lingering contradictory stories about whether or not re-upping will affect your unlock of Seriously.

Some people are claiming that you will need to re-attain level 100 before your can unlock Seriously by re-onyxing any medal. Some people are claiming that you will not need to re-attain level 100 and that onyxing or re-onyxing any medal will be enough to unlock Seriously (and a video has been posted supposedly proving that this is the case, linked below).

What has been your experience with unlocking Seriously after getting one of both of the re-up achievements?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqw-HgyqcSQ&feature=g-upl]Onyx Update - Achievement Unlocked - YouTube[/ame]

The Re-up and Seriously relationship has also been discussed in these threads (among others):

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=352424&highlight=re-up

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354026&highlight=re-up

Edited by Jerkkhammer

I contacted two people who verified that they unlocked the achievement in the middle of a re-up (one being the guy in the video you posted). I also contacted PeteNub on Twitter (he's a senior multiplayer programmer at Epic Games, if you didn't know.) Here was my Tweet and his response:

@PeteNub Do you have to be AT level 100 to unlock Seriously 3.0 or can you be in the middle of a re-up?

@me I believe we checked that case and you can either be at level 100 or have re-up'd.

With all that being said, I'd appreciate anymore verifications we can get. I'm a red 41 right now and in a month I should be done with the gametypes and unlock the achievement. I definitely won't be 100 by then. The thing that has made me slightly nervous (despite the few verifications) is in the war journal under the achievement page, I lost my green checkmark by "Attain Level 100" when I re-up'd. Maybe it doesn't need to be there but I'd feel better if it was.

I'm with you guys. I will have all medals onyx by Wednesday but I'm a green lvl 65. I'm on the fence about finishing my last medal until I get lvl 100 again. I've also heard from people the Seriously can be attained now being in the middle of a re-up. After all the work that is involved, I don't want to do more if it doesn't work.

I'm with you guys. I will have all medals onyx by Wednesday but I'm a green lvl 65. I'm on the fence about finishing my last medal until I get lvl 100 again. I've also heard from people the Seriously can be attained now being in the middle of a re-up. After all the work that is involved, I don't want to do more if it doesn't work.

My plan as of right now is to make a back-up right before I unlock my last medal (I have 3 anyways) and then go ahead and unlock the last medal. If that doesn't work, I'll re-onyx a medal and if THAT doesn't work I will go to 100 and re-onyx another medal. And if that still doesn't work, recover my data to before I got the last medal and then get 100 first. So I've got alot of fail-safes haha.

Also, if you go ahead with unlocking your last medal please post back your experience. We need all the verifications that we can get. I'll do the same in a month or so.

Edited by AmazingBowler

My plan as of right now is to make a back-up right before I unlock my last medal (I have 3 anyways) and then go ahead and unlock the last medal. If that doesn't work, I'll re-onyx a medal and if THAT doesn't work I will go to 100 and re-onyx another medal. And if that still doesn't work, recover my data to before I got the last medal and then get 100 first. So I've got alot of fail-safes haha.

Also, if you go ahead with unlocking your last medal please post back your experience. We need all the verifications that we can get. I'll do the same in a month or so.

Ill do that. Ill make a back up on my usb and try it first as a green 65 or whatever ill be at. Ill definitely post back and let you guys know. If I grind hard enough I might have it by tomorrow night.

I've messaged some of the people who've most recently unlocked Seriously 3.0 on TA and asked them the following questions:

1) Did you get either or both of the re-up achievements before Seriously 3.0?

2) Did you have to re-attain level 100 in order for Seriously 3.0 to unlock?

3) Did you have to re-onyx any medals in order to get Seriously 3.0 to unlock?

I just got my first reply:

1) I got the first reup achievement before seriously 3.0 but the second one I got with seriously 3.0

2) yes I did have to reattain level 100 for my achievement to unlock (the level 100 criteria was greyed out in the stats menu in the war journal)

3) No it popped as soon as I unlocked the last onyx medal

I'm guessing that he had just assumed he would need to re-attain level 100 because of the War Jounal status. I'm curious if Seriously would have unlocked if he had attained the last onyx medal before reaching level 100 again, but it looks like he didn't want to take that chance (and I can't say I blame him!).

UPDATE: Just got 2 more responses and both did exactly the same thing. They sat on their green wings until they got the last onyx medal and Seriously unlocked right away. Even though the video would seem to prove it, I'd like to see another confirmation that Seriously will unlock after a re-up but before re-attaining level 100.

Edited by Jerkkhammer

I'm on 64 Onyx Medals at the minute (2 events of War Supporter left) and Red 93.

I'm unsure which to do first really. Any advise guys?

Well seeing as you have to wait for two more events you will see what happens when I try it.ill post back when I attempt it at being only a green 60+. If it wasn't for back ups, I would wait to be some kind of wings( lvl100) before finishing my last onyx. Ill let you guys know.

In the achievement checklist, 'Attain level 100' is grayed out for me. Got all the medals. So hopefully it'll pop once I get wings again.

Otherwise I hear simply re-onyxing a medal when you fulfill the criteria usually does the trick. Will let you guys know once I get there!

Got the first confirmation from my little questionnaire (besides the video evidence, etc) that Seriously will unlock without re-attaining level 100:

From PARTY KRASHER:

1) Achieved both re-ups before Seriously 3.0

2) No, I did not have to re-attain level 100. Unlocked at level 13/Red

3) No, I did not have to re-onyx any medals.

And from x AcEsHoT g:

1) I did in fact get both of the re-up achievements before I obtained seriously 3.0.

2) I did not have to re-attain level 100 to earn seriously 3.0, I was at level 55 red.

3) I did not have to obtain any onyx medal more than once to unlock seriously 3.0.

Got the first confirmation from my little questionnaire (besides the video evidence, etc) that Seriously will unlock without re-attaining level 100:

From PARTY KRASHER:

1) Achieved both re-ups before Seriously 3.0

2) No, I did not have to re-attain level 100. Unlocked at level 13/Red

3) No, I did not have to re-onyx any medals.

And from x AcEsHoT g:

1) I did in fact get both of the re-up achievements before I obtained seriously 3.0.

2) I did not have to re-attain level 100 to earn seriously 3.0, I was at level 55 red.

3) I did not have to obtain any onyx medal more than once to unlock seriously 3.0.

Great to hear, I got another confirmation from someone who was a green 88. Don't believe he had to re-onyx any medals either.

Just thought I would give you guys another confirmation. I got seriously 3.0 just over a month ago, I had both re-up achievements, and was blue 71. As soon as I unlocked my last onyx medal. I had wingman, all fathers, and Seriously onyx medals pop up on the right side of the screen, shortly after achievement came up.

So for me anyways no level 100, no re onyx a medal.

Edited by FaD3d M3MoRY

Just thought I would give you guys another confirmation. I got seriously 3.0 just over a month ago, I had both re-up achievements, and was blue 71. As soon as I unlocked my last onyx medal. I had wingman, all fathers, and Seriously onyx medals pop up on the right side of the screen, shortly after achievement came up.

So for me anyways no level 100, no re onyx a medal.

Nice! Thanks for the confirmation!

What I plan on doing is going to red wings and then wait to get all onyx. Once I get red wings I will re-up offline with a backup save just so I can get the cheev but then go back to the red wings save. That way I will be level 100 when I get all onyx.

I'm hoping this works without any troubles for me, I'm currently green level 91 with 29 onyx medals, with most of the medals at gold, so not long to go, some solid boosting and I should get seriously 3.0 in bout a month (jeez that seems like a long time away lol)

• 2 weeks later...
I am level 88 (green) and when I check the "STATS AND AWARDS" page, there is no check next to "Level 100" for the seriously 3.0 achievement. Is that normal until all onyx medals are attained?

I second that question. 80 green atm.

All is good - I hit green100 and suddenly it was checked and half full so I doubt there is any issue!

Nah, I mean can I still get Seriously 3.0 before hitting 100 if this requirement is unchecked? I only need 200 Horde waves and 300 First Blood ribbons.

On the other hand, I still need the achievement for the second re-up. So 3.0 can wait a little bit.

Nah, I mean can I still get Seriously 3.0 before hitting 100 if this requirement is unchecked? I only need 200 Horde waves and 300 First Blood ribbons.

On the other hand, I still need the achievement for the second re-up. So 3.0 can wait a little bit.

It's already been confirmed by multiple people,you will be fine.One achievement doesnt preclude you from another.Here are 2 tips to help you on your way.

1.Make back ups just before 3.0 is unlocked.Something like needing 5 fisrt bloods or needing only 3 horde waves.Basicaly have a save right before your last onyx.This way you can unlock 3.0 and go after the 2nd re-up.

Then if you have any issues, just revert to the save before 3.0.Do the 2nd re-up from this save.

Honestly though,just have a save right before 3.0 is unlocked.Unlock 3.0 normally, then go for the 2nd re-up.There's always the rustlung method if you want to gain levels fast.

2.For first bloods choose Gridlock.The gametype exacution.Disable all weapons, then change torque bow and longshot to hammer of dawn.Make sure bots are set to fill/casual and rounds to 15.AS SOON as the round starts, run to sniper spawn!Pick up the hammer and go to work.Speed is key.You can get 15 first bloods in a little over 6 minutes.Rounds should avg 20-30 seconds.My best is 18 though with consistant 22-24s.

• 3 weeks later...