Official Daily/Weekly Challenges Thread

SuperSkyline89

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily Challenges for 11/23/2011 - Total 11250cR

Shootin' and Lootin' - 2250cR

Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Return of the Mack - 3000cR

Kill 35 Elites in Campaign today on Normal or harder.

Killing Frenzy - 4000cR

Earn a Killing Frenzy in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Sweep the Leg - 2000cR

Perform an Assassination in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Weekly Challenge

Clear Eyes, Full Heart - 30343cR

Win 50 games in multiplayer Matchmaking this week.

Comments

The only challenge that may be a bit of a bitch will be the Killing Frenzy challenge. The others should be quick an painless.

Suggested Roadmap

Shootin' and Lootin', you can get the necessary kills by just playing some MP and going for the weekly challenge. You can also setup a custom Firefight and just knock them out in a few minutes.

Return of the Mack, you just need to kill 35 Elites on any campaign mission. You could use the Target Locator on ONI Sword Base, or snipe the first Elite on the Nightfall mission. It doesn't really matter just get it done!

Killing Frenzy, you need to get ten kills in a row in Matchmaking. Can be a bit of a pain so if you want you can boost this with a full party!

Sweep the Leg, you need a single assassination during a Matchmaking game.

Weekly Challenge

Clear Eyes, Full Heart, you need to win 50 games to complete this challenge. Have fun I'll pass thank you very much. It appears that this challenge is good for two weeks so you have ample time to get this taken care of.

If you have any problems with todays Dailys or the weekly, you might want to stop by the Achievement Trading thread. Remember that Full Party Boosting is now only allowed if all players are active, no idle guests! Bad news for those of us who used guests to get through some of these challenges as quickly as possibly due to lack of time, either need to find groups of 8+ or give up.

The first Elite on Nighfall stands with his back to you. The game tells you to assassinate him. You should get a checkpoint when you're just behind him.

I've done this many times, however I use the second checkpoint past the Elite. Just run past them (killing the grunts if you wish). Just turn around and line up a zoom in head shot then just walk backward till the checkpoint. When you restart the checkpoint, just hold the trigger down. Much faster. I find the first checkpoint unreliable as I can't always line up a good shot by the checkpoint and running up to beat him down takes extra time. Also, make sure it's on Normal...as it will be a one shot kill.

This is a good way to up your campaign commendations as well. :)

12 days? What the hell? Either they forgot to mention this in the announcement or some idiot at 343i forgot how many days are in a week, or can't program things properly.

Maybe you are unaware of Thanksgiving Day, they might be giving people a larger window of opportunity to complete it.

Maybe you are unaware of Thanksgiving Day, they might be giving people a larger window of opportunity to complete it.

I'm Scottish so I couldn't tell you when Thanksgiving day is, or what it's about. Thing is, they don't normally give us two weeks over a holiday; the weekly actually changed on Halloween if I remember correctly. If this is some new thing 343i are doing then I want two weeks to do the weekly on Hogmany and Christmas. Mind you, that would mean we only got two weekly's in four week's, so maybe not.

WOW... all th bitching over a longer time to get a weekly.. Who bitches about this... eiother people who don't have a life and can sit there 23 hrs a day to get it, somone who has a few friends ant they boost all their wins by tuesday night, or somone who just likes to point out " i got mine.. yuou didn't".

If you're bitching about it try one of thse things.. Don't play!, start your own gaming company and set your own rules, or just bite your lip.

Edited by ajennice

Daily Challenges for 11/25/2011 - Total 8800cR

More than a Handful - 2500cR

Kill 125 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Neuroscience - 2400cR

Kill 10 enemies with headshots in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

T-Hug It Out - 2400cR

Kill 6 enemies with close quarters combat in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

A Solid Outing - 1500cR

Earn at least 15 kills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Weekly Challenge

Comments

Multiplayer Friday is back and the challenges are easy enough, but that also means the cR output for today is shitty. No real incentive to stay in on this Black Friday.

Suggested Roadmap

More than a Handful, choose your favorite gametype and just get it done. It's only 125 kills so it shouln't take more than a few games to do.

Neuroscience, you can play a game of Team SWAT or Snipers to get at least ten headshots much easier than most gametypes. That being said most game types with the DMR can get this done also.

T-Hug It Out, a quick game of Grifball and this one is done and over with.

A Solid Outing, you just need a game of at least 15 kills. Grifball is an easy game to get this done.

Weekly Challenge

Clear Eyes, Full Heart, you need to win 50 games to complete this challenge. Have fun I'll pass thank you very much. It appears that this challenge is good for two weeks so you have ample time to get this taken care of.

If you have any problems with todays Dailys or the weekly, you might want to stop by the Achievement Trading thread. Remember that Full Party Boosting is now only allowed if all players are active, no idle guests! Bad news for those of us who used guests to get through some of these challenges as quickly as possibly due to lack of time, either need to find groups of 8+ or give up.

Daily Challenges for 11/28/2011 - Total 10593cR

Fire When Ready - 3000cR

Kill 50 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Flat Tire - 2343cR

Kill 10 enemy vehicles in Firefight Matchmaking.

Short Controlled Bursts - 3000cR

Kill 200 enemies with automatic weapons in the Campaign today.

Fortified Court - 2250cR

Kill 150 enemies on Courtyard in Firefight Matchmaking.

Weekly Challenges for 11/28/11 - 12/04/11 - Total 55343cR

Multiplicative - 25000cR

Earn 200 Multikills in multiplayer Matchmaking this week.

Comments

Um, don't know what to say but it looked like we got FIVE Daily Challenges for today. Upon further inspection it appears that we will have two Weekly Challenges. This could be a type of mistake so don't hold it against me.

Suggested Roadmap

Fire When Ready, it's only fifty kills so a game or two of Grifball and this challenge is complete.

Flat Tire, everyone's favorite Firefight based challenge. You need to destroy ten enemy vehicles. The best map to use is Holdout and gametype is Sniperfight. Choose the jetpack and fly up to where they Mass Driver would be and head to the far side and just pick off enemies. Banshees will fly by and some enemies will mount the ground turret which when destroyed will count as a vehicle kill.

Short Controlled Bursts, my favorite spot is on The Package, Rally Point Bravo and head down to the first dropship and take out the grunts crossing the bridge.

Fortified Court, a game of Firfight Doubles using the guest glitch should net you more than the needed 150 kills. Once again this needs to be done on Courtyard.

Weekly Challenge

Multiplicative, this challenge would be best served being completed in Grifball, but that doesn't mean you have to. It shouldn't be too hard to get the needed two hundred multikills.

I would be cool if they offered 4 challenges for each ( campaign, FF, MP) daily...

Definitely. I cant understand why they're still being so goddamn stingy with the challenges - the variety AND the payouts. A lot of people now days will log in purely to do the challenges but only if its worth it. I myself only ever bother with firefight or campaign challenges because mp's not really my thing. I used to do every ff/campaign challenge but look at the vehicle kills challenge for today! I played one game of 2x on holdout and saw two thats right TWO banshees ffs. Granted I04 is the better map for vehicle kills now but i find it not so good for perfectionist solo. I mean someone at 343 must have a brain and that person must know that 10 vehicle kills is worth more than 2343cR come on!

Or 100 kills being worth 3000 one day then 180 kills being 2343 the next.... I mean are they high or something??? lol

Daily Challenges for 11/29/2011 - Total 11293cR

Light Fare - 3000cR

Kill 100 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Support Structure - 2250cR

Earn 30 assists in Firefight Matchmaking.

Return of the Mack - 1700cR

Kill 50 Elites in Campaign today on Normal or harder.

Five-Time Champ - 4343cR

Win 5 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Weekly Challenges

Multiplicative - 25000cR

Comments

The mystery of the dual Weekly Challenges has been solved and there was only a single victor. The cR output given for some of these challenges just doesn't seem right. .

Suggested Roadmap

Light Fare, between the 50 Elite kills and the games of FF you will need to get 30 assists this should be a cake walk.

Support Structure, probably the best way to get this is to grab a buddy and play a game of FF Doubles. one of you runs around overcharging plasma shots while your partner finishes them off. 30 assists should be really easy.

Return of the Mack, either use the Target Locator on ONI Sword Base and revert to last checkpoint or take out the first Elite on Nightfall and revert to last checkpoint also.

Five-Time Champ, you just need to win five games. Should be easy enough.

Weekly Challenge

Multiplicative, this challenge would be best served being completed in Grifball, but that doesn't mean you have to. It shouldn't be too hard to get the needed two hundred multikills.

Definitely. I cant understand why they're still being so goddamn stingy with the challenges - the variety AND the payouts. A lot of people now days will log in purely to do the challenges but only if its worth it. I myself only ever bother with firefight or campaign challenges because mp's not really my thing. I used to do every ff/campaign challenge but look at the vehicle kills challenge for today! I played one game of 2x on holdout and saw two thats right TWO banshees ffs. Granted I04 is the better map for vehicle kills now but i find it not so good for perfectionist solo. I mean someone at 343 must have a brain and that person must know that 10 vehicle kills is worth more than 2343cR come on!

Or 100 kills being worth 3000 one day then 180 kills being 2343 the next.... I mean are they high or something??? lol

I'd go out oon a limb and say that they use a pre assigned pattern. Bungie prolly made about 30 different challenges and they just pick them out of a barrel and post them. I mean it's always some challenge we've already seen. With the endless possibilities is kinda sad to NOT see any originality. Also Beachhead on doubles (load second controller) is best for veh kills.. Can get about 4-6 is you make it through the entire level.

Daily Challenges for 11/30/2011 - Total 11343cR

More than a Handful - 2500cR

Kill 125 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Flat Tire - 2343cR

Kill 10 enemy vehicles in Firefight Matchmaking.

...Is a Virtue - 4500cR

Score 60,000 points in any Campaign mission with less than 3 deaths.

Sweep the Leg - 2000cR

Perform an Assassination in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Weekly Challenges

Multiplicative - 25000cR

Comments

You should be able to breeze through today's challenges with no problems. Once again the cR level is over 10K but we get Flat Tire for the second time this week.

Suggested Roadmap

More than a Handful, as always the best method would be to combine this with the weekly and play some grifball. 125 kills should take a couple of games to get.

Flat Tire, people prefer different maps for this. Some like Holdout, others prefer Beachhead, and others say the new FF map Installation 4 is also good for vehicle kills.

...Is a Virtue, you can either take Banshees out on New Alexandria, or load up Rally Point Alpha on Long Night of Solace and start taking out as much as you can. You should get the 60K easily.

Sweep the Leg, get an assassination.

Weekly Challenge