Thoughts on the F35?

Syrette

Total garbage. In dogfights you are dead, as simple as that.

Can't turn for shit, you will try to slow down to turn tighter then the stupid ting goes into hover mode.

If you hover you a dead meat to everything basically. Planes kill you so fast, choppers can easily kill you, tanks can kill you. guys whit SMAW/RPG and has a decent aim shoot you down.

The only time it's good is when you use the element of surprise.

Edited by Poppygalaxy

Can't turn for shit, you will try to slow down to turn tighter then the stupid ting goes into hover mode.

If you hover you a dead meat to everything basically. Planes kill you so fast, choppers can easily kill you, tanks can kill you. guys whit SMAW/RPG and has a decent aim shoot you down.

Yeah, the Su-35 kicks its ass in turning dogfights. You can use it like a helo though.

F-22s go faster and the dual thrust projectors can turn tighter. It is an Airforce Jet, and the 35 is a Marine jet, so that is why we got it.

The F-35 is a Stealth Joint Strike Fighter used by All Branches of the Military, and is more or less just a VTOL F-22 Designed for Attacking Ground Targets.

I was Fairly Certain that they were the same speed/maneuverability wise, but you are correct, the F-22 is Slightly Faster, and Quite a bit more Maneuverable.

So that makes the F-35 the Second or maybe Third Fastest/Most Maneuverable jet.

We should paint it red, because we all know the red ones go faster.

I have to pilot the F-35 myself, but I hear the main cannon does more damage to vehicles than other the other jets.

I have however, fought against F-35 pilots in B2K today, and all were easy kills while I was flying the Su-35. Obviously people are still getting used to them, or I just shot down some inexperienced pilots, curious to try a new vehicle (perhaps both!). No doubt that with practice and time, we may come to see some experienced F-35 pilots and that it may actually turn out to be rather vicious when in the right hands.

Dog fighting against F-35s though, I did notice that when they tried to turn at low throttle, they would go into hover mode and their altitude would just sink. Battlefield twitter said that you need to try and maintain the throttle to prevent going into hover mode, but everyone likes to make sharp turns and 180s, so this hover mode needs to be activated by some other means, like by pressing a certain button or something.

I'll give them a try later and see what I think.

I have to pilot the F-35 myself, but I hear the main cannon does more damage to vehicles than other the other jets.

I have however, fought against F-35 pilots in B2K today, and all were easy kills while I was flying the Su-35. Obviously people are still getting used to them, or I just shot down some inexperienced pilots, curious to try a new vehicle (perhaps both!). No doubt that with practice and time, we may come to see some experienced F-35 pilots and that it may actually turn out to be rather vicious when in the right hands.

Dog fighting against F-35s though, I did notice that when they tried to turn at low throttle, they would go into hover mode and their altitude would just sink. Battlefield twitter said that you need to try and maintain the throttle to prevent going into hover mode, but everyone likes to make sharp turns and 180s, so this hover mode needs to be activated by some other means, like by pressing a certain button or something.

I'll give them a try later and see what I think.

Ya, you can't dogfight with them. If you maintain speed you can't turn, and if you drop speed to turn into an enemy, you go into hover and lose control. They can't dogfight at all, the Su-35 easily defeats the F-35.

The F-35 is a Stealth Joint Strike Fighter used by All Branches of the Military, and is more or less just a VTOL F-22 Designed for Attacking Ground Targets.

I was Fairly Certain that they were the same speed/maneuverability wise, but you are correct, the F-22 is Slightly Faster, and Quite a bit more Maneuverable.

So that makes the F-35 the Second or maybe Third Fastest/Most Maneuverable jet.

We should paint it red, because we all know the red ones go faster.

If your taking about active service Jets then maybe but as far as the F-22 being the fastest, far from it. I guess everyone has forgotten about the old SR-71's?

If your taking about active service Jets then maybe but as far as the F-22 being the fastest, far from it. I guess everyone has forgotten about the old SR-71's?

Maybe he meant Air Superiority aircraft?

I'd like to see the J-20 and T-50 in combat too. Americans aren't the only ones with gen 5 aircraft now. Plus, once the F-35 goes active, a dozen nations(Mostly NATO) already have them ordered.

You Are Correct, But the SR-71 is a Reconnaissance Plane. Its not used for Offensive means.

The F-22, and F-35 are two of the Fastest, Most Maneuverable Fighter Jets.

Hate to Break it to you people cause you need to wake up. The F35 has a top speed of about 1.6 mach and the Mig 25 Has a top speed of 3.2 mach. Also the Flanker has a top speed around 2.2 mach. Did I mention the f35 is slow and crap? Also a unless this is different then a harrier some how which I would have to do research into. You can not hover and fire. Just saying.

Hate to Break it to you people cause you need to wake up. The F35 has a top speed of about 1.6 mach and the Mig 25 Has a top speed of 3.2 mach. Also the Flanker has a top speed around 2.2 mach. Did I mention the f35 is slow and crap? Also a unless this is different then a harrier some how which I would have to do research into. You can not hover and fire. Just saying.

You mean in real life, right? In game you can hover.

Problem with going top speed is you can't engage enemy aircraft. At engagement speed, the 35, 22 can out manurever the Su-35 and MiG-25. That was the entire point of vectored thrusts.

Edited by Zombiedrd

This. I got 4 kills and a few deaths and have vowed to never use it again. I had a lol this is awesome moment when I raped a heli while hovering no problem. The fact that if you do more then tap on the brakes and it starts to go vertical is crap. SU is so vastly superior. 10+ kills all day with 0 deaths in the jet. :D

Of course real life. You can not just engage vertical thrust when ever you so please, not that easy. Also the combat speed of the Mig 25 was around 2.2 mach. Much faster then the F35's top speed. The Mig 25 is also about 40 years old and a proven system.

Yes, but at mach 2.2 you can not get into a turning dogfight. The 25 would have to take a speeding pass shot, then it would have to speed out. It was not designed for slow combat, like the Fishbed. Fulcrums and Flankers are better designed for a more classic dogfight.

Then we would just have to see how the vaunted stealth avionics of the 35 would be able to go against a 25.

I know the MiG-25 is a good system, but the Israelis downed some using F-15sm the Iranians downed as many as 14 using the F-14 and MiG-29 systems, and the Americans downed three with F-15s, and an F-16 during its engagements with Iraq.

I'm just saying that older generation aircraft can fight them, so a newer one with advanced avionics could as well, IF they decided to stay.

If they made passing runs and went on, they could be effective, again, depending on the avionics and countermeasures modern fighters have.

They are wonderful for reconnaissance as well. Their speed is why the Russian Air Force still uses them(Is replacing with their upgrade, the MiG-35 now.