NO DAMAGE rank is glitchy

Delete the goddamn Title Update.

Also, a little search in the forums wouldn't hurt next time. There is like a person complaining about this in every thread.

I deleted the title update, restarted the entire R-004 level, beat Monsoon without taking any damage, and still didn't get the achievement. Please stop telling people to delete the title update because it doesn't fix anything.

I think the game just randomly does not give out the "No Damage" achievements.

I deleted the title update, restarted the entire R-004 level, beat Monsoon without taking any damage, and still didn't get the achievement. Please stop telling people to delete the title update because it doesn't fix anything.
Tell this to all those that fixed the problem by doing exactly that.

in fact,i did inverse.update MGR and then restart R-04 and give me the S rank and no damage.one important thing for "S"Rank.from chapter R-04 u can't get "S" Rank in boss battel with only "No damage".will have to reach to 10000 score at least.(getting BP,Getting High Combo,Zandetsu,and Time).

It's just not unlocking the achievements randomly. Playing offline and without the title update isn't doing it, it's just chance as far as I can tell. I just beat Senator Armstrong on Hard with no damage and the achievement didn't pop for me.

Just now. Not 5 minutes ago. Playing offline without the title update.

I am on my "S Rank-Revengeance run on R-002 and on this chapter i made everything S ,but i didn`t fight against the boss GRAD ,because i needed a break and than i turned the console off.

After 1 hour, i turned the console on and i made "continue" and now i have to defeat GRad without taking damage.

My question here is: Did i lost all my S Ranking Progress in R-002, because i "quitt" the game,before?

Do i have to repeat R-002 and make all the S Ranking stuff again? I mean i got all the S stuff in R-002, i just didn`t finished the chapter (Boss fight left).

Or do you have to make everything S ( in a chapter ) without quitting once, if you want the system to save your S-Ranking-Chapter progress?

This shit seems buggy as hell, i am fighting against the GRAD Boss on Revengence (R-002), killed him and the other GARD without taking any damage and when i look at the Ranking at the end of the boss fight it says "A" ,but there is no message with "No Damage Bonus".

What the fuck is this shit, i started the chapter again from scratch did everything and i have still the same problem.

There are so many questions....

...i finished R-002 with an A Rank. I got everything S except the GRAD Boss, because the game won`t give me the "No Damage Bonus", i got no damage at all, but still no Bonus...does that mean, i have to play from the VERY beginning? That would mean a completly new save file just to get this fucked up buggy achievement?...

I don`t know what to do, i just hope that i can get the S-Rank No Damage Bonus on Chapter 2 by deleting the title update and replaying Chapter 02 again...

EDIT: Deleting the title update HELPED me! Thanks for the info guys, you are awesome!

Cheers!

Edited by Dark Anaconda

If you die at all and hit restart it voids the S rank in battles and achievements on bosses. This might have been mentioned earlier in the thread but I didn't feel like reading through it all.

Yep, I tried this out myself, if you die at all during a mission, you void the no damage Bonus even if you don't take any damage on your most recent try. Best thing to do is make duplicate copies of your game save in case something happens. Always do one before a boss fight.

so in other words as SOON as you take damage, hit restart because if you die and restart then it'll be voided?

Yup, just finished the game with all S ranks on Revengeance with almost all fights no damage and to sum it up:

DAMAGE= RESTART

DIE= Return to Title screen and reload your "dummy" save.

I can confirm to you man that the no damage rank can be glitchy at times. The only time it happened to me was on Monsoon, I hate that guy, even though it said no damage at the end of the fight I didn't get the achievement after what felt like 50+ attempts. After some research someone said they believe if you retry too many times in a run that it is possible the game may not give it to you. I believe that to be true as I went back and ended spanking him (got his patterns burned into my head) and got it! I have all the no damage on hard achievements now, and he is by far the worse of all the bosses to attempt no questions asked. I'm not sure what is confirmed as for if too many retries is causing that especially when your onto the revengeance difficulty.

Man this game is glitched as hell, in file 04 i had a lot of trouble in the elevator battle, because once i took damage i was restarting checkpoint, then in the end of the fight it wasnt giving me the time bonus because every time i restarted the time was increasing, then i restarted by choosen chapter and guess what? the time in the end of battle still was increasing, something like 1 hour, thanks god i had a backup.

So what i was doing to void the glitch was this way, i was trying 2 times if i couldnt make it i just went to the title and never dying, and it worked most part of the time but in the fight against Sundowner i had to beat him without restart checkpoint, because if i took damage after any checkpoint everything i've done during the previous CPs was been erased.

Ex: if i had made more than 100 hit combo during the first CP, but during the 2nd checkpoint i had to restart, everything was erased, if i had make 2 zandatsu but took damage during the last part when you fly if i put restart CP in the end of battle it was showing 0, so to me that was the hardest battle as i had to make everything without restarting any CP, if someone have this kind of problem u know what to do and never forget to make a backup.

If you die you need to not hit restart but to hit title its annoying because you need to see raiden's cutscene and then reload your save again

Actually, as soon as you die the game auto saves.

Thus, you'll either have to restart the chapter or use a back-up save.

@AndreFlash83

Did you try deleting the title update and trying to attempt it? A lot of people say that the title update is affecting their progress and achievements oddly enough...

Edited by Alcomoney

Hey bud i just completed the game yesterday and i got everything with the title update, i tried to delete the title update on and restarted file-04 but the same thing just kept happening, the only thing that saved was my backup i just returned my last save and did the way i told on last post, but thanks.