Sports Bar Rules:

No Flaming! - Feel free to disagree, be passionate about your favorite team(s), etc., but if you attack another member of the site you may find yourself less than welcome.

No Spam! - The key here is to discuss the sport/teams/players in question, not to throw out random comments unrelated to anything.

Have Fun! - This is why we are all here, right? Keep it fun.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules, use the report function and that will let the moderation team know. We will address it as quickly as we can.

Well, let's start.

Punk is saying he's ready to get back in the ring and fight Ryback at TLC, but they (WWE) don't want to risk him before the Royal Rumble and his match against The Rock. (was that even confirmed?)

Even Bourne should be back soon. Still recovering from surgery. Maybe a little kick in the tag-team division, which has been getting some great attention lately.

Cena almost joined the marines and wasn't going to be a wrestler.

“I was literally about to join the Marine Corps (Officer Candidate School) when a buddy asked me if I wanted to be a wrestler. I thought I would literally last two weeks in there and the Marines would always be there.”
Damn! :p

Edit.

Has anyone seen Cody Rhodes' new look? Well I wouldn't call it much of a change, but I don't like it.

He's on Smackdown, right? I don't watch it like I use to, but I am missing out on some decent talent because of it.

But no, haven't seen the new look. Then again, it can't be bad as '3MB'.

Edited by iBuzz7S

Well, let's start.

Punk is saying he's ready to get back in the ring and fight Ryback at TLC, but they (WWE) don't want to risk him before the Royal Rumble and his match against The Rock. (was that even confirmed?)

Even Bourne should be back soon. Still recovering from surgery. Maybe a little kick in the tag-team division, which has been getting some great attention lately.

Cena almost joined the marines and wasn't going to be a wrestler.

Damn! :p

Evan Bourne won't last in my opinion. HHH doesn't like him, which doesn't help his cause. I see him doing alright at return but getting lost in the shuffle pretty quickly. A heel turn could help him, IMO.

Evan Bourne won't last in my opinion. HHH doesn't like him, which doesn't help his cause.

Had to Google that.

So he got heat because he spoke out on someone else who was smoking the same substance which got in trouble, but not the other person? I suppose he (Bourne) had every right to be mad, but he ended up getting someone else in trouble as well.

That won't sit well with other guys backstage. And from what I read, Stephanie has high hopes of Bourne (maybe had but now lost :p) so that will help him stay around without too much controversy.

A heel turn could help him, IMO.

He doesn't have that look though. He kinda sucks on the microphone too, which only leaves the high flying acrobatic moves to keep him in the company.

All I've been getting from what's going on is what y'all are talking about. From the sounds of it, I've missed absolutely nothing.

I'd say if you haven't been watching you have missed a bit. Alright what is going on that moment isn't exactly the best in the world, but it's not been bad.... Which is a good thing for WWE at the moment. The Shield have added something to the show in recent weeks and that's unpredictability (in a good way, not the WWE's usual for the sake of it kind of thing).

Talking about the shield, they've yet to attack Cena... A guy that is try to take Zigglers MitB contract. Now if that's not injustice, I don't know what is?

I really can't wait for the Punk and Rock match at the rumble. The build up isn't going to be as good as Rock and Cena but you just know it's going to be a far better match.

Also

PWInsider.com is reporting that The Undertaker recently reached out to WWE and notified them that he wants to compete at WrestleMania 29. He told officials that he is currently training for a return, and he reportedly pitched an opponent for the big PPV.

While it is unknown who The Undertaker has requested to work with at the event, it's being said that Ryback and Triple H are not amongst the names.

Source

I really want it to be Cena to face the dead man at mania. I haven't cared for Cena in years but this would definitely be a build / match I'd be interested in.

My guess is that it's probably going to be CM Punk. I'd expect him to drop the title to Rocky at rumble then Cena and Rock go at it again. I doubt it's going to be Lesnar either, I think he'll go on to face Triple H seeing as there was no real closure there.

As for the outside chance on who Taker might face, I'd go with Big Show and I really wouldn't have any problems with it. I gotta give the big guy some credit, for a man of his size and age, he can really put on an entertaining match at the best of his ability. He's really grown on me recently, Big Show is so underrated.

I would have thought it'd be Lesnar vs Taker, but who knows.

As for Punk vs Rock, I hope Punk doesn't lose the title. Although I think he will drop it to Rock I see it better staying on Punk. Punk has had a nice lengthy run that a year ago no one would have expected. One year later He is still champ and cementing a legacy and pretty much making sure he is a future Hall of Famer. What would be the point in him dropping the title to the Rock? An instant bit of cash that won't come again next year? Or leave Punk with the title till I don't know Summerslam maybe even WM 2014 and build up a new superstar to be the first to take the tile in 2 years. That pretty much guarantees instant stardom for the guy who beats Punk after a 2 year run!

I have a feeling WWE will do it wrong, I just have this feeling they're rushing the title of the guy. They should really think about the future a little bit rather than today so much.

Rock doesnt deserve it IMO. Huge slap in the face to the entire roster.

He caused a bit of a stir when he headlined Wrestlemania. On one side, you're mad because you get bumped because of some guy who comes back after many years. You're excited because it pushes your company/business into a whole new spotlight.

I do agree though. Does not deserve it, wouldn't be fair for those who 'break their backs' to get where they are, while someone disappears for a few months, promo, few more months and then BAM!

Would love to see Rock as champ, but his movie scheduling would conflict with appearances. I don't think the WWE would like that, but then again they allow The Undertaker to disappear for 9+ months, make 1-2 appearances and headline Wrestlemania.

Undertaker gave EVERYTHING to the company for decades. He earned that right. He didn't bugger off to make movies.

Undertaker gave EVERYTHING to the company for decades. He earned that right. He didn't bugger off to make movies.

Rock always had a career outside of the squared circle. Undertaker couldn't even put a tired baby to sleep with his acting. :p

Speaking of Rock.

http://www.pwmania.com/artman/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/pain-pain-new.jpg

• Muppets are ambassadors of upcoming Raw
  • TNA Final Resolution PPV is on today/tonight
  • Usos make bold statement, saying they will be first brothers as tag-team champs and hold separate singles titles.....

Rock always had a career outside of the squared circle. Undertaker couldn't even put a tired baby to sleep with his acting. :p

Speaking of Rock.

http://www.pwmania.com/artman/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/pain-pain-new.jpg

• Muppets are ambassadors of upcoming Raw
  • TNA Final Resolution PPV is on today/tonight
  • Usos make bold statement, saying they will be first brothers as tag-team champs and hold separate singles titles.....

It's not about his acting. It's about the blood, sweat, tears, and injuries he's gone through in his career.

There is no one alive today in wrestling better than he was.

Lot of wasted energy otherwise.

I think his success rocketed because of the era too. This current era, it's very weird.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EA5YzUMYoE]John Cena's Most Embarressing Moment EVER! - YouTube[/ame]

I laughed at how stupid it was. That will not propel you to new heights. :p

Undertaker vs The One Man Band BayBay!!!

20-1

Vince.... Make it happen.

Vince made 3MB happen, that is bad enough. The most awkward, uninteresting stable to ever brace the world of wrestling.

Vince made 3MB happen, that is bad enough. The most awkward, uninteresting stable to ever brace the world of wrestling.

Sounds to me like somebody doesn't remember X-Factor.

3MB is one of those things in wrestling that could end up being silly and fun as hell. Plus I dig the guys involved in it. Slater isn't really bad... he can bump pretty well and could be a solid hand for the midcard. Mahal bored the hell out of me until joining up with this group, but we'll see what he can do. McIntyre is friggin' awesome and I'm thrilled to finally see him getting regular TV time again.

Sounds to me like somebody doesn't remember X-Factor.

3MB is one of those things in wrestling that could end up being silly and fun as hell. Plus I dig the guys involved in it. Slater isn't really bad... he can bump pretty well and could be a solid hand for the midcard. Mahal bored the hell out of me until joining up with this group, but we'll see what he can do. McIntyre is friggin' awesome and I'm thrilled to finally see him getting regular TV time again.

You have pretty much read my mind on this one.

Slater - earned a lot of respect from me when He did the Legends matches in the build up to RAW 1000. I kinda forgot that underneath the bad gimmick(note He has one) there was actually a good wrestler there.

Mahal - Boring standard stereotypical Indian guy that has suddenly gained some personality, once He lost the turban and Indian music (and Indian language). He could be a good shout for a future champion.

Drew - God I've just been waiting for this guy to be back on TV. Let him win the the Rumble or something please! Well maybe not that extreme, but they just need to use Him. He is currently a wasted talent.

He caused a bit of a stir when he headlined Wrestlemania. On one side, you're mad because you get bumped because of some guy who comes back after many years. You're excited because it pushes your company/business into a whole new spotlight.

I do agree though. Does not deserve it, wouldn't be fair for those who 'break their backs' to get where they are, while someone disappears for a few months, promo, few more months and then BAM!

Exactly. Don't you think it would hurt the prestige of the title as well? Rock is okay, but doesn't deserve the championship over others.

The Rock holding the title for a couple months can't hurt unless he disappears again with it. If anyone else got the title off Punk now it would make him look weak. Give the title to Rock, then to Cena at WM then it can go anywhere from there. Preferably one of the Shield guys.

I think they should build up the actual tag teams like the Usos, PTP, Epico and Primo and Sin Cara and Mysterio more. Have Sandow and Cody split up and Kane should turn heel on Bryan. Then maybe Bryan can get a well deserved WWE title reign going.

Edited by Pixo

The Rock holding the title for a couple months can't hurt unless he disappears again with it. If anyone else got the title off Punk now it would make him look weak. Give the title to Rock, then to Cena at WM then it can go anywhere from there. Preferably one of the Shield guys.

I think they should build up the actual tag teams like the Usos, PTP, Epico and Primo and Sin Cara and Mysterio more. Have Sandow and Cody split up and Kane should turn heel on Bryan. Then maybe Bryan can get a well deserved WWE title reign going.

Rock shouldnt hold the championship no matter what. Let Punk retain til mania.