anyone else hating Teach Me How To Jerk?

thenixhex311

Seems Fat Strat Mann is on to something. Hard really isn't that much harder than medium (though so far, I'm screwing up Da Push whenever I see it). I just tried it on hard, had a terrible run starting with several yellows and still came quite close to 5. I may need to rest between attempts, but I'm making sure I get the 5 tonight.

Update: Why can't I learn to keep my big mouth shut? Took me a while to get a better run, and even that wasn't 5 stars. It's not happening tonight, but I'll try again tomorrow. I'll have to make sure to get that sideways rejecting down and figure out why I keep screwing up the Rejecting after the first Pause, Step, Reject.

Edited by CreepyUncleMike
update

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

.....ok? What was the point of posting a video of just the song?

Anyway, for me, this wasn't the hardest song in the game to 5-star on hard. Days Go By took me the most attempts on hard (7 tries). Teach Me How to Jerk took me 4 tries. Don't Sweat The Technique took me 3 tries. So I'd consider this the second hardest song in the game for me. I can consistently get 5 stars on it now on hard, but I still never seem to be able to pass the Reject Pop move where you do the reject facing sideways and do the little pop motions with your hand and head. I always get yellows and never could figure out what I was doing wrong. Oh well, that song's done with.

Edited by Necrophage33

getting close to having to try to 5 star this, i know im gonna have to study some youtube vid lmaooo.... dreding it.

I used riffraff67 for a lot of the songs in this game. His videos helped me a lot. Also, check out my guide for a few very important tips. The Knee Down Down part can really kill your score and be the difference between 4 and 5 stars. It was for me anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally 5 star'd this on hard. My tip is to watch some youtube videos on how other people did this. Some of the moves register when you simplify them instead of doing what the game is telling you to do. One move in particular(i don't remember the name) you just wave your arms back instead of doing what the game says to do.

I have 6 more songs to do to get 5 stars on hard for every song.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I couldn't 5 star it on easy or medium (not that I really tried too too much - but my Break it Down on easy was 58%!) but I think I just got the "feel" of jerking and rejecting... by the time I came to the Break it Down Hard, I got 85% on Break it down (haha sooo not going for the 100%!) and it only took me 3 tries to get 5 stars Performing It on Hard. Weird.

I still can't do the Dip It move to save my life, though. I still haven't passed that one on the Break down!! But who cares, I got my 5 stars :locked

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is the last song I need to 100% on Easy and I spent hours trying to do it yesterday. My problem lies with the last dipping moves, as like previous people have said, they seem so fucking random. The game keeps throwing my arms in the red and it doesn't even see me half of the time either, which REALLY infuriates me. I had plenty of light too, so now I'm left to figure out what the trick is to dipping correctly. :confused:

EDIT

I do not know how this worked, but I moved my Kinect about a foot closer to my body so that it couldn't see my whole head or my feet and the first time I tried the move, it gave me a Flawless on everything. Weird as anything, but I don't care. I got Something to Prove! :D

Edited by J Lo

• 1 year later...