High Flier Achievement is Missable?

The Rabbit Suit

I'm at the point where I'm staring down the Final Boss, so I figured I'd go back and take care of the misc achievements after collecting all the goodies. There were several points here stating you could do this achievement in the Twilight Cathedral endgame. You just had to go to the point where you first entered the area off of the Ancient One and they'd spawn; however, only four duskbats spawn here. There's a fifth all the way down where the Wicked K skeleton is, but it's the fire variant. I was able to drag the four duskbats all the way down to where the fire bat was, but even after slaughtering them all without falling, the achievement didn't pop.

Is this impossible to do without the basic duskbat spawning? Are there any other locations that have these things? There's a post on the achievement guide stating that it's possible to do at the Scalding Gallow/Dry Road, but again, there's no duskbat/zombie spawn for me there.

Edit

Browsing around, I guess this is what happened. The fifth duskbat will relocate himself to where the Wicked K is once you use the abysmal chain and use that section of the Twilight Cathedral. At that point, you're screwed and need to start a new game to get the achievement.

You want to pick this up before going to fight the fourth chosen so you won't have the abysmal chain. If you didn't, don't go over to the ledge or use your chain on that map. If you still don't have it and they move, at least this is very easy to pick up in the beginning of a new game. Only took me 53minutes in to get to the challenges to free the golem.

Edited by The Rabbit Suit

• 1 month later...
Fellas, High Flyer is not missable by any means. I just did it tonight after I missed all the other opportunities mentioned. Simply go to the entrance of the Twilight Cathedral, run to the very edge of the map (the direction you flew in on with the Griffin) and 5 bats will spawn for you. Gather their attention and go to town. Voila! Achievement Unlocked!

If you mess it up, just reload your autosave since it should have saved once you arrived at the Cathedral. Alternately you can go into the Cathedral and go through a few rooms. Loading is faster though.

this was originally posted by Method.

• 4 months later...

When progressing through the game, early on, there is a path blocked by the rock golem in the graveyard level. He will say he is cursed and wants you to get rid of it by completing four challenges. One of the challenges is to kill 30 enemies with only finishers. The first 8 enemies are bats, just grab onto one with B, look at the next bat and spam B. If they start to separate, you can jump while leaping to the next bat to get some distance.

• 2 years later...