Censorship makes this game virtually unplayable to me

SteakSalad

*explicit content advisory*

Just got this game from GameFly. I was actually going to remove it from my Q the day they shipped it because I found out the game was censored, but GameFly decided to ship the 4th game (Def Jam Rapstar) in my Q to me. Anyways, I decided to atleast give it a try. I'm a hardcore achievement nerd and a fan of rap music. I had to stop midway through on about my 4th song "Get Low."

Honestly, what the fuck is the point of having a rap game where a huge percentage of the songs contain explicit lyrics that are censored. I'm an adult and I can handle the lyrics. Most twelve year olds wouldn't be phased by the lyrics of these songs. Some of the features seem like they would be really fun with the camera and effects and freestyle rapping, but I seriously am sending this game back, one hour after getting it.

You want to know a game worth playing? One where you can freely read the lyrics and sing along with family favorite lines like, "pop yo pussy."

Sorry this is basically just a rage post, but it had to happen. I have no idea how some people were able to play this game longer than a few songs. Countless lyric changes and blank lines where I don't know what the fuck to sing were enough to piss me the fuck off.

Anyways, 1) I apologize 2) You have been warned 3) FUCK CENSORSHIP...

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I never really understood that either, first Def Jam game to be censored. All the other ones were fine, but for a singing game it couldn't be? They used to have an option for censored/uncensored versions of the songs, but they removed it for some reason...

Plus they censor lyrics on some songs and have them uncensored on others. Can think of chronic, hoe, whore, and gun references off the top. Plus on Got Money and So Fresh, So Clean they have no notes to hit, but the vocals are uncensored. Makes no sense...

Only reason I can play this is I know all the songs uncensored and play on expert with vocals off, so just me rapping em. Just wish there was more support for this game. It's been abandoned!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

you just got to rhyme what fits, like you can see it when there has to stand mother fucker or something like that and if it's the last word just rhyme, further i got no tips just to learn those lyrics

but i still think it's weird they did nothing about muthafunkas in so fresh so clean