Why 25% ??

Nick Chronic

Just got the game and already hate it . The demo was nice do a qualifying and then a 5 lap race and now the minimum is 25% so a 15 lap race each time can`t go any lower this sucks i dont wanna drive 30min on 1 track in carreer mode.

Well this does indeed suck!! :(

Why remove the lower %'s???

Some of us want to do a FULL season at lower % than 25% like the past 2 games..... kinda blows!

I'm happy about this, I always race around this distance as I enjoy the pit stop battle which you don't get in the lower percentages and this is a massive part of F1 racing. The whole point is to have plenty of laps to make up lost time or cope with the pressure of holding first position.

I know what you mean as this can make the game more exciting, and more true to life, but I agree with the OP in that the option should be there at least so that you can either fly through the tracks you don't like in a shorter stint or just jump on it for 20 mins and knock out a qually and race without having to set time aside to do it

I know what you mean as this can make the game more exciting, and more true to life, but I agree with the OP in that the option should be there at least so that you can either fly through the tracks you don't like in a shorter stint or just jump on it for 20 mins and knock out a qually and race without having to set time aside to do it

I partly agree but I guess that's why we now have season challenge. If you ain't got much time jump on that mode, if you want more immersion/realism then jump on career.

I really like how they've given two distinct paths... quick and easy racing in Season Challenge and a gruelling slog in Career. I hope they crank it up next year with added difficulties in Career, for instance I'd like to experience random breakdowns (like Hamilton on the weeked).

I wrote a fairly comprehensive review on my thoughts for those with the time to read it, http://games.on.net/2012/09/review-f1-2012-pc/

I really like how they've given two distinct paths... quick and easy racing in Season Challenge and a gruelling slog in Career. I hope they crank it up next year with added difficulties in Career, for instance I'd like to experience random breakdowns (like Hamilton on the weeked).

They will not do random failures/breakdown can u imagine the uproar if ppl were doing long races on or offline and near the end of what could be a grueling race the car just stops , the player on whole will be very upset and may just give up with the game so they dont have to endure that again.

I hope they crank it up next year with added difficulties in Career, for instance I'd like to experience random breakdowns (like Hamilton on the weeked).

Im glad that you yourself doesnt just breakdown as that would be annoying as hell!

The AI do breakdown though. I trailed Button for 9 Laps when he all of a sudden slowed down and pull over to the side of the road handing me 2nd place. Ive seen them crash and spin on their own as well which I thinks a great touch.

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen this same topic in other websites, I'm always amazed at some of the stupid responses people post.

In F1 2011 you could choose from 3-lap races all the way to 100% races. If you're hardcore you had the option to do 50/75/100% races, if you're casual you had the option to do 10% or 3-lap races, there were options for everybody, so everybody was happy.

Now, the minimum distance is 25%, there's no short qualifying, only long qualifying and OSQ (which doesn't allow custom setups).

Removing options is always a bad idea imo.

Personally I think 50/100% races with damage & all sims on is the way to go if you want a proper race but I think they should had kept all the race distances from F1 2011 to make career enjoyable for everybody.

As for season challenge, it's a nice mode but it doesn't really make up for the lack of shorter races in career. There's no fp, OSQ only (which doesn't allow custom setups), and it's always the same 10 tracks (it would be nice if track selection was randomized every season).

I'd perhaps suggest (playing devil's advocate) that it's almost a pointless exercise doing a season at 3/5 laps a race. Personally I'm glad the option doesn't exist, because I would probably pick the short race format, but it forces me to knuckle down and focus. It is much more rewarding and a better feeling to win race (let alone a championship) through longer races.