Why so hostile?

Starkweather

I am not sure if this has been discussed before but why is every single civilian in GTA V so hostile, i first remember walking to three people on the beach who were around a fire and i did nothing was just watching and the guy kicked me, i didn't even hit him back he fell in fire himself but still why so aggressive?

I realize you play as three criminals but Michael walking around in shorts and flip flops hardly seems like a threat, everyone wants to kick your ass and if they don't they run away.

Sometimes they say "that's it I'm gonna kick your ass" and all i am doing is enjoying scenery and taking a freaking walk.

One nice guy i did meet was a dancing Hillbilly near a beachside, and Franklin was well recieved to his lonely party.

I was on a date with Amanda, and we were sitting in the car (in a parking area) sobering up after coming out of Bahama Mama's, and some douchebag just gets up from the bench he was sitting on and comes around and drags me out of the car (which in turn caused Amanda to get out of the car too). So then I had to fight the dude, only to have another random guy join in whom I had to knock out. The two "assaults" only got me two stars (while still on my date)! Damnit, all I wanted to do was sober up to hear the conversation between Michael and Amanda more before heading off for a game of tennis!

Funny how LC citizens were so peaceful, while LS citizens are so hostile! Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

I was on a date with Amanda, and we were sitting in the car (in a parking area) sobering up after coming out of Bahama Mama's, and some douchebag just gets up from the bench he was sitting on and comes around and drags me out of the car (which in turn caused Amanda to get out of the car too). So then I had to fight the dude, only to have another random guy join in whom I had to knock out. The two "assaults" only got me two stars (while still on my date)! Damnit, all I wanted to do was sober up to hear the conversation between Michael and Amanda more before heading off for a game of tennis!

Funny how LC citizens were so peaceful, while LS citizens are so hostile! Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

But did you score?

LoL i thought the exact same thing....

I was Trevor and only just switched to him which put him getting kicked out of the golf club, so i was walking to the car park, and there's two woman having a chat about some lesbo action they got up to so i decided to listen in on the hilarious convo, then 5 seconds later they kicked off at me and called the cops!!! i didnt even do anything :dance:

I've noticed this as well. Most of the time I notice when the approach me to start picking a fight. The best thing I've seen to work is to pull a gun out and point it at them (DO NOT TRY THIS ON POLICE). They usually freak out that you have a gun and run away. There also isn't any negative repercussions like getting a wanted level.

I did this for awhile and it worked everytime, but eventually I just got fed up with bitchy people so now I just blow their brains out onto the pavement.

The other day I was in Paleto Bay as Michael doing a favor for the Hen House property I bought and afterwards I believe I was riding around on a bicycle until I saw a beautiful golden retriever dog sitting on someone's lawn. I parked my bike on the sidewalk and quickly took a photo of the dog and the owner standing on the lawn with it said "I'm gonna break your fuckin' skull" or something along the lines, came over and punched me while I was zoomed in with the camera, so I knocked him out with my trusty hammer.

Same thing happened with Franklin, I went to a construction site on north LS near Vinewood and said "Ey, what's up?" to a construction worker and he said "Are you serious? I outta break your fuckin' skull" and 2-on-1 fight broke out with me coming out the survivor. I find these hostile/whiney pedestrians very irritating, so much exaggerated hate.

I just delivered Alcohol to the Hen house and got out of the truck and a nearby prostitute threatened to call the police a couple times, and then did so as I was walking away.

the Dispatcher you hear reported a 211, which is apparently a robbery, though I don't know how you get that from parking a truck a little crookedly...

Yeah, i was walking to a freak destination, saw a group talking and decided to listen to what they were saying. Well, they started picking a fight with me and I ended up in the hospital. Guess eavesdroppers aren't well liked in this game?

How is even possible to get your as kicked by civilians?

Everybody these days, even in real life, seems to be on edge. I blame it on the bad economy and high unemployment :-)

Even driving down the road in GTA V, if you get just a little too close to crossing the divider line, people start flipping you off, honking, saying f-you, etc. Not many nice people anywhere.

Like others have said, don't even walk too close to someone because you never know when somebody is going to blow a gasket and start a fist fight with you... don't they see the grenade launcher strapped to your back? Idiots. And then unless you run away (which I can just never bring myself to do), you kick their arse and then the cops are on their way :-)