Mayhem Gold Perk Question

Aphrodite1

Anyone know of a good location of an AA gun with an unrestricted view to take out 20 Nazi Vehicles?

I'm only in Act 1 still and the AA guns I've found are quite high up on buildings. This leaves the vehicles that turn up either blocked by buildings or bunched up underneath the AA gun leaving me unable to shoot them. I'm guessing there' some out in the countryside later on in the game that would work well as a good location

Does destroying a Zeppelin count as a vehicle kill?

Yeah, that was painful because all the vehicles group underneath the gun.

I did this using the AA gun near the Eiffel Tower, it faces the river, the tower is to your left as it's looking over the river. But the road on the other side of the river spawns Nazi vehicles and you can just say fire at them if you unleash a lot of fire at them. Occasionally, Nazi vehicles appear on your side of the river too, to your left and right so you get the choice of those too. But you can fire across the river, just wait and they do appear.

I got on an AA gun with a blind spot.

At around 12 vehicles my blind spot was full of bad guys (so much so that I often had to turn the AA gun away and use it to shield my body to survive) I got off the AA gun, dropped all my grenades into the blind spot, and then returned to the gun and finished out the final 8 on the new arrivals.

I used a simular method to get the 10 kills in 10 seconds with RDX/Dynamite (I just covered the road and the AA guns blind spot with RDX before getting into the AA gun)

Zepplin's Both Do and Dont count as vehicles btw. They dont add to the 20 vehicles in 1 vehicle perk, but I did get the demolition derby achievement (destroy 50 vehicles) by destroying them.

I'd repeat what others have said. Go collect the Wulf tank, back it up in a corner where the enemies can't shoot you from behind and fire away. They should keep showing up, and the tank takes them out in a single shot.

This video shows where to get it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRnouoSI5p8]YouTube- The Saboteur Where to find the Wulf tank[/ame]

Edited by QuasidodoJr

Thanks for the tips guys. I never thought of the obvious of backing the Wulf Tank in a corner to protect the fuel tank on the back and letting rip. In an open street fight the most i got with it was around 12.

I've got a Wulf Tank sitting sweet in my garage. Used it for the Hardware Gold Perk (one Wulf Tank and One Zeppelin in one alarm) and the Demolitions Gold Perk (destroy 3 Wulfs with RDX).

• 2 weeks later...
I followed that video in post #6, but I can't seem to get it back to my garage. When I drive it it counts as me being armed and the problem with that is that the damn Nazis keep sounding the alarm while I'm on my way and then they shoot and blow the tank up.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I drove it to the garage up north. I got almost all the way there without ever alerting the nazis..and when I finally did..I just shot anything that came at me on the way....and if needed, go cross country as the enemy vehicles/tanks seem to only stay on the roads. Trying to drive it into one of the city garages is much more difficult.

a good AA gun to pull this off is.... If you goto your map next to the word montmartre there looks like a light brown box on a spring. a road sperates the box from the spring and the AA gun is in the botom left of the box. It's covered by a hegde execpt for one opening all vehicles spawn on that raod and drive into the opening.

When you go on the mission for Santos to blow up the fueling station/Nazi vehicles, there is an AA gun to the south (I think) on a roof top that allows you to do this one rather easily. You actually finish that mission and get this Perk at the same time.

I used one of the AA guns outside of the church where you get missions from Father Denis, in Paris Area 1.

I was able to get the destroy 20 Nazi vehicles with 1 vehicle, kill 5 Nazi terror squad, kill 5 Nazis with 1 explosion and the destroy a Zeppelin & Wulf tank on the same alarm. I would have gotten the escape a level 5 alarm but I kept messing up my getaway. :mad:

• 4 months later...

I did this using the AA gun near the Eiffel Tower, it faces the river, the tower is to your left as it's looking over the river. But the road on the other side of the river spawns Nazi vehicles and you can just say fire at them if you unleash a lot of fire at them. Occasionally, Nazi vehicles appear on your side of the river too, to your left and right so you get the choice of those too. But you can fire across the river, just wait and they do appear.

Here's a picture of that location, works like a charm, thanks!

• 1 month later...
I used one of the AA guns outside of the church where you get missions from Father Denis, in Paris Area 1.

I was able to get the destroy 20 Nazi vehicles with 1 vehicle, kill 5 Nazi terror squad, kill 5 Nazis with 1 explosion and the destroy a Zeppelin & Wulf tank on the same alarm. I would have gotten the escape a level 5 alarm but I kept messing up my getaway. :mad:

This location works like a charm, at least from my experiences. The only slight complication is that the fence makes it a little difficult to shoot some of the vehicles but at the same time, it protects you from dying. I managed to get all 20 vehicles with hardly a scratch, then I even ran to the hiding location at Level 5.