BC2 noob here with some questions.

So I just got into playing the online portion of the game recently and I want to know a couple things. I started as a medic and even though I unlocked a gadget, I can't figure out how to equip it. I try to move to the gadget spot but it just passes over it no matter what.

Is there any point in actually using the SPECACT classes? It looks like their gun appears in the normal kit anyhow.

Also any advice for a new player to this? I've never played Call of Duty, so realistic military shooters are kinda new to me.

With the gadget thing, I'm pretty sure the first unlock for the medic class is the medkit which you do not have to equip. it is always equipped. just press D-pad right to drop one in-game.

and the only point for the SPECAT that i know of is just that they give you guns that you won't normally unlock until much later.

best advice i can think of is just tag a lot of enemies (back button when aiming at them--this will give you exp if you don't kill them but a teammate does and it just helps your team out) and pay attention to your minimap and where teammates are being shot from.

And just have fun! The game has great multiplayer.

Well you get a new skin also with SPECAT. Sometimes those new skins blend better to suroundings than the original skins.

Then about playing. Stick with others. This game is about teamwork, so by sticking along with someone you double your firepower and have someone to look at your back. You get to the game easier and understand how to play the game faster by looking at what your teammates are doing.

The first gadget you get with the medic is the medikit if i remember correctly and you don't need to equip it its automatic.

as for the Specact stuff mind as well get it if you can still use the universal codes or Dr.pepper caps since there's 4 achievements and they blend in better on some maps and the MG3 also has different stats then the normal one.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the tips guys. It's still a little harder to spot guys then other games but I'm getting used to it. :uzi:

Free tip when you get the M60, don't be a whore with it. I can tell you from competitive play that everyone used it, so that's the only reason I have 4k kills with it. Other than that the noobs running around with are terrible cause all they have to do is hit you with 5 bullets and bam a kill you give them any other gun and they will suck proverbial ass. What I'm getting at is if you crutch on a weapon to long it will just degrade your skill overall eventually. Plus the more weapons you use and the more gold stars, you get the faster you level up and it keeps it interesting. The basic spread for main weapons is 25 kills for bronze (500pts I believe), 50 for silver (1k pts), then gold is 100 total for 5k pts. This is cumulative so then 25 nets your 500, another 25 1k more then finally 50 more for 5k pts. Good deal if you ask me. Keeps things interesting also ^^

So I just got into playing the online portion of the game recently and I want to know a couple things. I started as a medic and even though I unlocked a gadget, I can't figure out how to equip it. I try to move to the gadget spot but it just passes over it no matter what.

Is there any point in actually using the SPECACT classes? It looks like their gun appears in the normal kit anyhow.

Also any advice for a new player to this? I've never played Call of Duty, so realistic military shooters are kinda new to me.

Call Of Duty its not realistic

only one advice, tag a lot of enemies :woop:

With the SPECACT guns, you get the last guns in the classes that are only unlocked with the packs. You'll still have to unlock the normal versions of the guns as well. They're the same guns but with camo on them and it'll give you another class for each with camo uniforms.

The only guns that are worth it imo are the UMP SA & the M16 SA, possibly the M95 SA, but the MG3 SA just outright sucks like the normal MG3. I dread having to do platinum for that.