The Official Bitching Thread

Crimson Ridley

We all have issues that we need to voice, in just about any situation in life. Videogames are no different.

If you have a problem with the game and you would like to get it off your chest, feel free to use this thread instead of creating multiple threads on the forum.

I'll begin;

It's a brilliant game, but I can't escape that nagging feeling that I'm getting, telling me that Blood Money was superior.

I miss the OTT levels, and the plethora of situations you could use/create to accomplish your task. Absolution has a way of letting you feel that you have the world at your fingertips, but in reality, it's very restricted, as you always follow the same path, only in a different disguise.

The ranking system is also a little bit annoying. On BM, you could kill anyone for their disguise, and still get Silent Assassin. On Abso, you will have points deducted, which is an annoyance when you want a particular disguise. Obviously, most disguises are still found lying around places, but I can't find an Electricians uniform in "Terminus", for the life of me. Also, the disguises themselves are pretty much useless on Professional.

You can't use a disguise to fool a person in the same uniform. You have to hold RB to use Instinct, so that you blend in with the guards. All very well and good, only in Professional your instinct is basically useless.

The area of vision is astounding in this game. People can literally see the other way to what they are facing. I've had many situations go bad because a guard was looking out of the window, I quietly crossed the room and he caught me without even moving an inch.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting so early majestro, well let me be the second bitcher. :blunt

Don't like that:

- The levels/chapters are sometimes divided in several short parts, not as in all the other Hitman games I've played since 2000 where you simply have one big ass area per mission and can do whatever you wanna do.

- Dots/Arrows on the map (civilian, enemies etc.). I preferred the ones from the older games, the big circles with an arrow. Generally where the fuck is the MAP???

- Where the fuck is the NEWSPAPER FEATURE!? They made lots of commercial with that before the game came out and yet still nothing. LAME!

Will "maybe" find more...

Other than that I'm really enjoying the game, at least it's a new Hitman game and really fun too. Definitely to recommend.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

I could bitch. I do however want to say first that I love this game.

- rating system is bonkers.(story missions) Why is Silent Assassin rating is not for every individual level but instead some numbered score that you have to reach?

- vertical detection is horrid. there is a level with spiral staircase a lot of funky uncool stuff can happen on it as well as below it, luckily there is only one vertical level more or less

- purist difficulty. I think they overdid it a lil. I like a challenge but I do not want to sneak around an army of superman batman and other fictional heroes that spot me while I am wearing disguise from across the map. true story.

- some levels feel like corridors

- challenges. a lot of them are not silent assassin like in the slightest.

^ this ;)

I had to cut out the part with the years waiting, because I wasn't interested in it until a few weeks ago....Just didn't appeal to me back then...But the point still counts!;)

The point doesn't really count, because as I said, it has been sent out early to all ShopTo customers in England, and people from other countries have it through their own stores. When people are playing a game, they are allowed to bitch about it. Why should we hold our opinions until the rest of the world is playing it?

When you are playing it, you can bitch about it all you want, since...well you have something to bitch about. So on the other hand we (I dare to speak for others as well) are allowed to bitch about you bitching about a game long before the official release.

And that is why I disagree with your point about the game being released. Just because the shops have sent out the copies of the game, doesn't mean the release date got changed. It's still tuesday. I as a person find it very "nice" of shops to give out games a few days earlier (although it is sometimes ridiculous). On the other hand as a law student I also see the bad thing in this particular business decision, but that is completely irrelevant.

The point I'm trying to make is that although I hold no grudge against you playing and bitching about the game (maybe a slight trace of jealousy), I don't think you can justify it by saying "it's released, because we have it". Because a "release" is the official day of...well...release and not the point when people get it.

No, you don't have to wait to share your opinions till all the others have it. Quite the opposite: You are welcome to share your opinions on it. But holding on to this right means granting others the right to bitch about you bitching "early" imo.

PS: Dear Father and Mother of the english grammar...I'm sorry...I'm not sure, but I may or may not have killed your kid...Sorry for that...But I tried four different approaches to write that middle part...I'm not rewriting it again. It's late...

Edited by InsertCoffee

When you are playing it, you can bitch about it all you want, since...well you have something to bitch about. So on the other hand we (I dare to speak for others as well) are allowed to bitch about you bitching about a game long before the official release.

And that is why I disagree with your point about the game being released. Just because the shops have sent out the copies of the game, doesn't mean the release date got changed. It's still tuesday. I as a person find it very "nice" of shops to give out games a few days earlier (although it is sometimes ridiculous). But I as a law student see also the bad thing in this particular business decision.

The point I'm trying to make is that although I hold no grudge against you playing and bitching about the game (maybe a slight trace of jealousy), I don't think you can justify it by saying "it's released, because we have it". Because a "release" is the official day of...well...release and not the point when people get it.

No, you don't have to wait to share your opinions till all the others have it. Quite the opposite: You are welcome to share your opinions on it. But holding on to this right means granting others the right to bitch about you bitching "early" imo.

PS: Dear Father and Mother of the english grammar...I'm sorry...I'm not sure, but I may or may not have killed your kid...Sorry for that...But I tried four different approaches to write that middle part...I'm not rewriting it again. It's late...

Just one thing to point out sir. This is a thread for bitching about the game, not people who got it early because their preorder was shipped to them early. Just clearing that up for ya.

My two gripes are as above. The enemy line of sight is ridiculous. Also, deducting points for knocking someone out for a disguise, completely pisses me off.

I also find I am loading checkpoints (aka starting the whole mission over cause the checkpoints suck balls) every 2 minutes whilst trying to learn the levels. This get's old real fast.

Aside from those issues, I'm enjoying it.

The point doesn't really count, because as I said, it has been sent out early to all ShopTo customers in England, and people from other countries have it through their own stores. When people are playing a game, they are allowed to bitch about it. Why should we hold our opinions until the rest of the world is playing it?

The point is that you and some others got the game EARLY. The rest of us have to wait for the 20th which is the official release date. So if you're gonna get the game early and then bitch about it, I'm gonna bitch about that!

Edited by tunaleg

So, because we got the game early, we have to make ourselves believe that nothing at all is wrong with it, because of that fact? That's completely absurd.

I, like everyone else who has issues with it, think it is an amazing game, but nothing is perfect. There are issues, and we are expressing our disappointment with those issues. We are entitled to do so. If you have a problem with it, then stay out of the damn thread. It's not a thread for you right now, and it's certainly not a thread to bitch about the gamers playing the game, so back the hell up.

I didn't say that a game is released for everyone because we got it early, I said the game is released for myself and everyone else who got it early, as we no longer have to wait until the 20th to play it.

You would have no qualms if we just showered praise about it all over the forums, though, would you? Believe me, there is so much about this game that is fantastic, and I really enjoy the game, as I do every Hitman game (being a huge fan of the series). I'm just not a blind fan, who can't see what's wrong with their beloved title.

I never said you can't complain about it. As a matter of fact I said the opposite: You have every right to criticize it, because you have a source for your critics.

And yes: I have qualms with all the other "not quite official" stuff about it on the internet as well, thats why I only look at thread titles or refuse to watch certain stuff. The only reason I came in here, was to see if some of the things I read about are recurring things or just subjective ones.

I never intended to offend you or anyone else posting here or playing the game already. I'm, honest to whatever deity you believe in, happy for you. I'm cool with that. I still think that I have a right to post my discontent (which was initially meant to be humorous...but i suppose that went a bit sideways) with the fact that I don't have the game yet. That is imo game-related and has therefore a place in here. Might have been wrong about that.

I apologise, I didn't mean to start any arguments with posting this thread. Every game is given one to avoid clutter. The only problem I had was that it seemed like we were being attacked for our opinions.

A bitching thread should not be used to bitch about the people that are bitching. If you just said you hated that you didn't have the game, then that would have been fine, and very justified. It was just the "bitch about the people bitching" part that I had an issue with.

The point is that you and some others got the game EARLY. The rest of us have to wait for the 20th which is the official release date. So if you're gonna get the game early and then bitch about it, I'm gonna bitch about that!

It was meant as a joke. You took it way too seriously.

Was it really?

I'd like to bitch about you people bitching about a game that's not even released yet that I've been looking forward to for years

Got it from Amazon personally.

I have nothing more to say than the first post, the big flaw for me about this game is the "Blood Money-like" missions, I only found 5 of them for now (and of the 5 I found, two are in the same place, Chinatown).

Another other flaw is the area of vision of the ennemies, which force you to use the RB button to hide yourself the whole time.

And another bad thing in my opinion are the music, they changed the composer and it's clearly visible.

"Blood Money" is still the best hitman game for me, though "Absolution" is not a bad game. I can't even count how many times I did the missions "A new life" in "Blood Money" and it's sad, but I'm sure I won't do more than a few times some missions in "Absolution" :/

I'm hoping for some DLCs, which would include "Blood Money-like" missons (with new locations) and more or less save the game for hardcore fans. If the game developpers are reading this (which is pretty impossible :p), I'm even okay to pay 400 points for each new mission :D

Edited by davhuit

I hate the fucking STATISTICS screen in this game:

Why would they start with stuff like

Time Spent In Firefights

Damage Taken (Also note the number --> 28938.19 WTF)

Health Replenished (2174.31)...

Like I give a fuck how much damage I took, come on really! Also why do I have to scroll all the way down and see HOW LONG I PLAYED THE GAME, that should be on the top, fucking fail.

Despite all this bitching from you bitches :p I can't wait to play the game.

Little worried about the save being deleted though.

Shut up biatch, you will see for yourself once you played it. Double :p :p

And don't worry about your save-file. Mine is fine and so will yours. Holla!

HITMAN BLOODMONEY is still the king!

I tried to play that on my console but I got some message about my TV resolution not supporting the game wtf? I had to give it back. :( This was years ago mind.

Still don't understand why us PAL guys had the 360 settings set to 50Hz and not 60Hz right out of the box.

My bitching for this? None, so far. Well, apart from attempting the prologue for well over an hour, thinking everything had to be perfect, only to realise I can screw around and pass it without any worries.

Was fun though. Frustrating getting caught doing the same thing for the upteenth time.